Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-23-2010, 09:38 AM   #1
tedboone
tedboone began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
The Ghost, the Girl, and the Gun: Pulp Detective Short Story

The Ghost, the Girl, and the Gun

Are you ready for trenchcoats and treachery?
Where a five o’clock shadow is just part of the uniform?
Where a man’s wit is his weapon of choice, but his revolver’s always nearby?
Where it’s bourbon for breakfast, knuckle sandwiches for lunch, and dangerous dames for dinner?

Are you ready to meet The Ghost?

Casper O’Neal is a private investigator. He’s good at his job: his clients respect him, his targets fear him, and nobody particularly likes him. When he wakes up in his office with a throbbing headache, a smoking gun in his hand, and a dead body on the floor, Casper realizes he’s about to represent his toughest client: himself.

The Ghost, the Girl, and the Gun is a sharp and snappy short story, sure to give a shot of adrenaline to your system, and bring a wry smile to your lips. Where can you get the story? Lots of places, some of them free!
And, for those of you not inclined to read the story, now it's available as a free audiobook!
If you purchase the story on Kindle or Smashwords, all proceeds will be donated to Hearts United for Animals, a national no-kill shelter, sanctuary, and animal welfare organization dedicated to the relief of suffering.

I've also joined with Chris Randolph (author of Stars Rain Down) and made my story free via Oktopod Digital Press in a whole host of different formats (including epub, pdf, html and Kindle friendly mobi). The story is provided under a Creative Commons license, which means you're allowed to share, print, and even rewrite to your heart's content.

I hope you take a look at my tale! I hope you like it! I look forward to joining the community here and sharing our love of good books and great stories!

Last edited by tedboone; 10-06-2010 at 12:18 PM.
tedboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:34 PM   #2
Spectre-7
Space Invader
Spectre-7 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Spectre-7 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Spectre-7 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Spectre-7 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Spectre-7 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Spectre-7 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Spectre-7 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Spectre-7 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Spectre-7 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Spectre-7 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Spectre-7 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Wifi 5.0
Hey, glad you came over here, Ted!

Ted here is a friend of mine and is also the first author to join my label. The Ghost, the Girl, and the Gun is a great little piece of fiction chocked full of action, sarcasm and surprises, and you owe it yourself to read it... especially at the bargain price of no dollars and no cents.
Spectre-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:03 AM   #3
tedboone

a short update

Just a quick update on my story's progress so far:
  • Sales continue to move along steadily at Kindle. It's not a rocket, by any means, but it's doing reasonable well.
  • Smashwords? Not much happening there. One more download, but that's it.
  • Feedbooks is where it's at for this story. Downloads so far? 1,806!! 150 just yesterday! On their "New & Popular" list, Ghost is sitting in the #4 spot. Not bad!
  • My website (bit.ly/GhostGirlGun) has seen 51 visits, 16 downloads of the release package, and 7 downloads of the PDF. Again, not huge numbers, but very respectable for a mostly one-man operation.
  • Finally: I have BIG NEWS about my short story that I'll share in just the next few days. I'm very excited!

Last edited by tedboone; 10-03-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:20 PM   #4
tedboone

I've added a new option for folks that might be interested in my story, but don't have the time (or inclination to read it): an audiobook version!

You can download the audio version here: Rapidshare or here: Dropbox.

You can also listen to it on the web on Podbean (and hopefully it'll show up on iTunes soon).
Old 10-06-2010, 12:21 PM   #5
tedboone

The Ghost, the Girl, and the Gun is now being highlighted over at Spalding's Racket. Go check it out!
Old 10-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thank you.

I picked your ebook up at Smashwords last night and just now downloaded the mp3.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #7
tedboone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Thank you.

I picked your ebook up at Smashwords last night and just now downloaded the mp3.
Cool, thanks! Please let me know what you think. I'm particularly pleased with the audio version, which was narrated by a friend of mine who's an avid fan of old radio shows. I think he did a really good job.

Tags
detective story, humor, mystery, noir, pulp