Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-16-2010, 12:23 AM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Decryption Failed!

Greetings,

I've been having problems recently accessing my Kobo purchased books. Out of the blue, I am getting the error: Decryption failed! Try resynching your library.
Resynching my library does nothing. This problem occurs with many, but not all, of the books I purchased from Kobo and synched using the Kobo app. Please don't tell me to synch with ADE or via drag and drop. I like how the Kobo format displays on the reader and would prefer to use that for the books I purchase directly from Kobo. Any ideas?

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:48 AM   #2
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
Greetings,

I've been having problems recently accessing my Kobo purchased books. Out of the blue, I am getting the error: Decryption failed! Try resynching your library.
I have had this happen twice. Once I deleted and reinstalled the desktop app and all was well. The second time, it did not fix it. However, when my computer was rebooted it did fix it. (Windows Vista 32bit) It is possible that the first time I also rebooted my computer so next time, I'll try that first.

I sometimes download books via iPhone and I wondered if that was messing up the desktop app. When I have time I'll do some experimenting.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
You hit it on the head. The problem was with the Desktop Client, not the reader (the books were not decrypted by the former). Reinstalling the client worked just fine.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:44 AM   #4
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Again!

This has happened to me again. Decryption failed.

What is it that I am doing that is causing this problem? I obtained some ePubs from my public library that I copied via ADE. These seemed fine when I unplugged my Kobo. Then I bought a new book from Kobobooks, sync'ed again, failed.

So it takes around 30 minutes to buy a new book and go through this process (some bookmarks being lost).

1) delete all my I'm Reading
2) add and "update library" in desktop -> no luck
The covers in desktop app are black for some books
Some books (not necessarily the same ones) show decryption failed
3) OK bite the bullet, delete desktop app, reinstall, redownload library
4) resync Kobo

Things appear OK now but WHAT AM I DOING? It's the third time I've had to do this???

(actually when I reopened my desktop app, some books show black covers again. I needed to quickly flip to next chapter to find my place in my book. However with no text display and covers missing, it was trial & error finding the required book)

Last edited by dmacmart; 07-24-2010 at 08:49 AM. Reason: not quite OK
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #5
ellisha77ca
ellisha77ca has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ellisha77ca has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ellisha77ca has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo; Kobo Touch
Hi,

I have windows xp, using the Kobo desktop app syncing to a Kobo and I have tried rebooting and tried uninstalling/reinstalling the desktop app and I still get decryption failed. I have emailed Kobo help about this and have heard nothing yet.

Any other ideas?
ellisha77ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert