Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-19-2010, 09:57 AM   #1
1rpjnohs
1rpjnohs began at the beginning.

Device: sony ebook prs300
Window 0.6.45 help please

I have tried to download the file from the website a few times and I keep getting this error message:

"This installation package could not be opened. Verify with the vendor that this is a valid Windows installation package."

I'm not sure how to fix the problem.
1rpjnohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
This means that the download is corrupt. typically this is caused by you getting a (bad) cached copy. You may find that clearing your browsers cache helps. You can also try another browser.

If neither of these works then the cache problem could be external to your system in the network somewhere. In such a case it normally clears after a while (but that can be days), or you could download either from an alternative location (e.g. sourceforge) to try a different copy of the file or at a friends house or internet cafe to try and bypass the network cache causing the problem.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2010, 05:19 AM   #3
1rpjnohs
1rpjnohs began at the beginning.

Device: sony ebook prs300
Thanks for the help.
It worked.
1rpjnohs is offline   Reply With Quote