Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-01-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
mcrow
Zealot
mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4/Kindle Fire HD/Kindle Fire HDX 7"
3G Coverage for the Nook.

The way I understand it the Nook uses AT&T's 3g network. Does this mean that pretty much anywhere I would get cellphone coverage, I should get access to the bookstore on the Nook?

So, if i'm sitting in my car I could download a book while I wait for the wife to finish shopping? Or do I have to be neer a Wi-fi connection?
mcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #2
evan2000
evan2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
No you are right. If you get a AT&T service you can buy a book. Or search.

It works great!
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2010, 03:28 PM   #3
mcrow
Zealot
mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4/Kindle Fire HD/Kindle Fire HDX 7"
Thanks, that's great. I just wanted to make sure that's how it works before I pick mine up later. This is a huge plus for me to buy it, with the free books and store + the "more in store" stuff (when you are actually in the store).

This is going to rock.
mcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:44 PM   #4
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Wherever you get AT&T 3G service you can get nook to wirelessly buy and download.

The only thing is sometimes you will get cell service outside the 3G network, so it isn't everywhere you get cell (voice) service.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote