Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-17-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
First look at new Jinke V3x

(translated from the post by the head of lBook company Vladimir Levchenko).

This is a photo of a development board, not the final device.

CPU: Samsung S3C2416 400MHz. RAM: from 64MB to 256MB (standard: 128 MB). Flash storage: 512 to 4094MB. Epson screen controller.

Marked on the photo.
1. PC Express slot. Can be used for various extension cards, e.g. GPRS/EDGE, 3G, WiMAX, BT+WiFi.
2. Wi-Fi card can be preinstalled.
3. SIM card slot.
4. Speaker
5. Li-poly battery, 1550 mAh (2200 mAh possible too).
6. Touch screen connector.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:09 PM   #2
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Many questions arise from these positive specifications!
Do you know exactly the differences in CPU computing power? Could it be as fast as the Sony PRS-700 for manipulating pdfs thanks to 2D graphic acceleration now included (the Sony has an ARM11 core, the V3 and V3x an ARM9)?
And what about energy consumption? The CPU goes from S3C2410 at 0.18 microns to S3C2416 at 0.065 microns, voltage goes from 1.8 to 1.2V, and the speed doubles, so I guess it should be positive.
S3C2410 specsheet:
http://www.samsung.com/global/busine...artnum=S3C2410
S3C2416 specsheet:
http://www.samsung.com/global/busine...artnum=S3C2416

And what about stability? Did Jinke engineers work on that major issue?
Much more RAM will open up many possibilities, like keeping several documents open at the same time like on the iRex DR1000S, which has 128MB. What could we do with 256MB?

And now the battery: will it be easily replaceable or not?
I hope Vladimir Levchenko will answer.

Last edited by Lbooker; 06-18-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2009, 06:42 PM   #3
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Astak will eventually carry the V3X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbooker View Post
Many questions arise from these positive specifications!
Do you know exactly the differences in CPU computing power? Could it be as fast as the Sony PRS-700 for manipulating pdfs thanks to 2D graphic acceleration now included?
And what about consumption? The CPU goes from S3C2410 at 0.18 microns to S3C2416 at 0.065 microns, voltage goes from 1.8 to 1.2V, and the speed doubles, so I guess it should be positive.
S3C2410 specsheet:
http://www.samsung.com/global/busine...artnum=S3C2410
S3C2416 specsheet:
http://www.samsung.com/global/busine...artnum=S3C2416

And what about stability? Did Jinke engineers work on that major issue?
Much more RAM will open up many possibilities, like keeping several documents open at the same time like on the iRex DR1000S, which has 128MB. What could we do with 256MB?

And now the battery: will it be easily replaceable or not?
I hope Vladimir Levchenko will answer.
I will try to get some answers that you have asked by asking Jinke.

One question I can answer: Jinke makes it a point to always, always make the rechargeable battery easily user replaceable. That is definite. The rest of your questions I will ask them for you!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:55 AM   #4
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you Robert!
One more question: how much gain in reflectivity and contrast can we expect from the newer Vizplex (at Lbook they talk about generation 5, which may be the one used in the DX)?
Old 06-18-2009, 02:11 PM   #5
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Gain in reflectivity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbooker View Post
Thank you Robert!
One more question: how much gain in reflectivity and contrast can we expect from the newer Vizplex (at Lbook they talk about generation 5, which may be the one used in the DX)?
I do not know yet but will ask.

Have you seen todays news on a new thread about the CES show? I do not think many people realize that this is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to see the newer Vizplex and prototypes of every new innovation for eBook Readers that will be forthcoming for the next two years. I am offering free guest passes to it in October when they are printed.

Money? Not much cost. You can cheap it easy by staying at a Motel in The Downtown and eatting steak and eggs at 10:00 p.m. for $3.99. There is a free shuttle bus to take you to the show.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2009, 03:30 PM   #6
Lbooker
Addict

Interesting, but I will have to wait for the same opportunity in Europe.