Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-06-2008, 08:15 AM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Recipe for Sydney Daily Telegraph

Hello,
I made this calibre recipe for Sydneys' The Daily Telegraph for my own purposes from RSS feeds here http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/rss and since someone other than me may find it useful, here it is
Attached Files
File Type: txt daily_telegraph_py.txt (2.3 KB, 391 views)
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:08 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
THanks added to the built-in recipes.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2008, 12:31 PM   #3
jamiepullman
jamiepullman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
That's the sort of thing I'd like to do with The Guardian from the UK, but I can't work out how to just choose the printable version. It's just a question of adding /printable to the end of each web page, but I don't know how to do it using Python.
Doh.
jamiepullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:34 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

add the following to the recipe

Code:
def print_version(self, url):
    return url + '/printable'
Old 10-06-2008, 01:08 PM   #5
jamiepullman

Fantastic! Thank you. I'll try it now.
Jamie.
Advert
Old 10-06-2008, 01:36 PM   #6
jamiepullman

Doh again. It got down from a 2.2 meg file to a 1.2 meg file, but now there seems to be something about it that the reader doesn't like. I've had 6 reboots now, with no success in opening it.
Jamie.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:08 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Switch to epub output
Old 10-06-2008, 02:10 PM   #8
jamiepullman

Ok, I'll give that a go.
Back in a minute!
Old 10-06-2008, 02:59 PM   #9
jamiepullman

Well, that was a partial success. It loaded on the reader in a flash, but for some reason only had a few stories. I'm going to try my original way, but as EPUB.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:36 PM   #10
jamiepullman

This now gives me two pages of code, some links from the web site, and then the article. Very odd.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:13 PM   #11
jamiepullman

Nope, it doesn't work at all now. Serves me right for trying.
Jamie.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:31 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

If you post what you have, I can give you a few hints