Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-18-2008, 04:47 PM   #1
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Bziszt-pouf!

Fuop-tzsizB!

HA! It worked! That'll show those weird panda-borg-thingies, you gotta get up awful early in the morning to accutelate us!

Uh...

Us? Dixie? Ma'am? Where you at?

(Pfft. I know I told her to stay close. How hard was that? It's not like I asked her to have my kids or anything. Hope no one's accutelated her yet... she had moxie. She should probably have that checked.)

So, now I'm in an alternate quantum dimension all by myself. And it takes the belt buckle... let's see... about 4 hours before it recharges enough to take me back home. Would'a been nice if I'd had someone to spend the time with... like one of those accutelated blonde babes in the sparkly purple tights and four-inch heels I saw just before the ceremony got started. (Alas, you just can't drag them away from the guys with the face tattoos and the holographic doctors when you need 'em.)

Well, I remembered to bring my PDA, so at least if I have to, I can just read until it's time to go...

Say... this isn't the blue dimension, next to the fish. The light's all wrong... it's all polarized and sorta slit-scanned, interfering with the LCD display on my PDA! Darned emergency quantum-shifting belt buckle... never takes me where it's supposed to! I got no borg babes... and now I can't read, either!

Well, maybe I'll just try to relax by those odd bushes... the ones the weird polarized slit-scanned light make them look like they're moving. What a fascinating effect: If I didn't know better, I'd swear they were actually self-aware... but that's silly. Bushes aren't self-aware... not even in the blue dimension, next to the fish. (There, they are all into reality shows.)

Take, for instance, that odd polarized slit-scanned light visual effect, that creates the uncannily illusion of an aware bush walking towards me and swinging a rock-filled rubber chicken in the air like a baseball bat. I mean, how likely is that? No one in their right mind would possibly accept the idea of an aware bush walking towards me and swinging a rock-filled rubber chicken in the air like a baseball bat, not even in a strange unknown dimension! I mean, without a designated hitter, there's no way you can

(thump)
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:09 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Bziszt pouf!

Steve, are you here? No, I guess not.

Pouf-Bziszt!

Last edited by DixieGal; 08-18-2008 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Darned moxie is starting to itch.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2008, 05:32 PM   #3
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
!fuop tzsizb

Dontcha just hate American League Rules? Hey! Where's the guy with the Zany Carter Deluxe pitcher?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:36 PM   #4
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Bziszt pouf!

So anything new? Naw, he's still out like a light!

Why's he wearing that funny blue uniform?

Bziszt pouf!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:43 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bzist Pouf!

Steve, are you here? Oh wait, I already looked here.

Pouf Bzist!
Advert
Old 08-18-2008, 06:48 PM   #6
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Walks over to the bushes, pours water out of the pack on the back, with a funny watering head that has paired twin slits that the water flows thru.

"Thanks for the favor, Girysb. Let him go when he wakes up."
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:32 PM   #7
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mmmm... glmph... mruhrr... GAH!

Mmm? This is my bedroom! What a crazy dream. I'd better lay off the rarebit so close to quitting time...

Say... why is my hair wet?
Old 08-19-2008, 08:45 AM   #8
psockpuppet
Lefty, Hugo, and me!
psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.

Device: Guttenberg Bible
Anyone seen a rather chubby pandaborg wearing a cheap tin crown running through here?
psockpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:55 AM   #9
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

I thought that was my cat, looking for a midnight snack. He left through the closet.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:56 AM   #10
psockpuppet
Lefty, Hugo, and me!
psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.

Right! Thanks!
Old 08-19-2008, 12:25 PM   #11
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
Yeah, tell him that's my Crown. I want it back, it looks waaaay better on me. Cheeky pandaborg.
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:32 PM   #12
psockpuppet
Lefty, Hugo, and me!

Umm? Any idea how this closet teleports? I've been smacking the sides of the walls for hours now and getting no where. Well, into your kitchen, maybe, but no sign of His Chubbiness anywhere.

You need some more hotdogs, by the way.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:43 PM   #13
DixieGal
Hi There!

We got it! It's trapped in the closet!!! Quick, time for the wire clothes hanger beating to begin!

Whack-ting! Whack-ting! (Sound of wire hanger hitting and then sort of springing back for a double whack)
Old 08-19-2008, 01:46 PM   #14
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

I dunno, my cat manages to pop in and out of there every day, but she's never let me in on the secret. (I suspect she has a quantum dimensional shifter embedded into one of her whiskers. Either that, or she hides in one of my wife's sweaters. Sneaky little trans-dimensional minx.)

I'll send you the bill for the wall. Now, kindly get out of my closet... take a right... another right... a left... straight out the door... past the first star on the left, and straight on 'til morning with ya! (grumblegrumbleHow'saguysupposedtogetanysleepwithp andasbumpingaroundinhisclosetgrumblegrumble)
Old 08-19-2008, 01:46 PM   #15
psockpuppet
Lefty, Hugo, and me!

Bzist Pouf!

Thanks! That did the trick!

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, unutterable silliness