Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 07-17-2014, 03:20 PM   #1
Anneuro
Anneuro began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Reading new Kindle ebooks on Kobo

I have purchased in the past Kindle ebooks on Amazon that I was able to convert to read on my Kobo. I did it again yesterday and discovered that I did not have access to the ebook file so I don't know how to get to it. Can anyone help ? The Ebook I have purchased is unfortunately only available on Amazon.
Anneuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:16 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You can find all your Amazon books at the Manage Your Kindle page, and you can manually Download and Transfer via USB to any devices you may have. If you don't have a Kindle, you may want to try Kindle for PC.

Assuming you use Kindle for PC, you can download books directly through the application, and they will appear in "My Documents\My Kindle Content\" -- from there, you can convert them with calibre, although if they have DRM you may need to get help from Apprentice Alf...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2014, 07:15 AM   #3
Anneuro
Anneuro began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Edited to say I found the files... I think at least as the names are coded.

Last edited by Anneuro; 07-25-2014 at 07:29 AM.
Anneuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:29 AM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneuro View Post
Edited to say I found the files... I think at least as the names are coded.
The Kindle for PC files are stored as {ASIN}.azw IIRC, so probably. (asin is the Amazon product ID.)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote