Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-13-2013, 06:35 AM   #1
ramram
ramram began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Help please - Metadata inserting -once converted

Is there any way to easily insert metadata into a file such as epub. I know that Calibre will do it when converting between formates, but I have the formate I want - but would like the metadata to be inserted into the file for use when I later transfer the copy to my nook. It would be great to be able to bulk insert the metadata. Any help please.

ramram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:47 AM   #2
drjenkins
Addict
drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Use the Polish Books tool in Calibre.
drjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2013, 06:49 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjenkins View Post
Use the Polish Books tool in Calibre.
... or the Modify ePub one if it is just ePub you are worried about.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramram View Post

Is there any way to easily insert metadata into a file such as epub. I know that Calibre will do it when converting between formates, but I have the formate I want - but would like the metadata to be inserted into the file for use when I later transfer the copy to my nook. It would be great to be able to bulk insert the metadata. Any help please.

You have been given some answers for modifying the copy of the ebook file inside the Calibre library. Calibre should also update this information at transfer time if you use the Calibre Send to Device feature.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:08 AM   #5
ramram

So quick!

Thank you for such a quick reply. Did not know Calibre could do this, thank you for showing me some thing new.
Advert
Old 05-13-2013, 07:20 AM   #6
ramram

Hi itimpi,

Please can you explain a bit more in detail.

Thanks
Old 05-13-2013, 08:06 AM   #7
itimpi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramram View Post
Hi itimpi,

Please can you explain a bit more in detail.

Thanks
If you use the Calibre Send to Device option to load books onto your device, then Calibre will update the metadata when it transfers the book.

If you want to transfer the book any other way then you want to use either the Polish or Modify ePub plugins to embed the metadata into the file inside the Calibre library.

Last edited by itimpi; 05-13-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #8
ramram

Thank you