Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 07:29 AM   #1
walter_2
walter_2 began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 5.3.1
Help : Remove GUI-Launcher before update ?

Hi,

*edit: Is is a Kindle Tocuh WiFi - so it is Kindle5*

middle of 2012 I have jailbreaked a kindle touch (5.1.0) with website ( jailbreak-kt.tk ) or something like this. After installation it was possible to install usbnet and GUI-Launcher and launcher-addons (sokoban,term,new reader) also from this webside 'per klick' - without any PC.
Now I want to remove these addons and the GUI-Launcher to be prepared for an kindle update. But I do not have files for uninstalling.
There is no menu item to detect installed versions of this additional stuff.
So I have these questions:
(1) Howto uninstall GUI-Launcher addons ? (but no zip-files avail)
(2) Howto uninstall GUI-Launcher itself ? (but no zip-file avail)
---
(3) Howto detect which version of GUI-Launcher is installed ?
(4) Howto detect which version has the usbnet jb ?
(5) Is it possible to 'update' the usbnet jb with a newer version ?
---
(6) Is it possible to use 'nearby' version-zip files for uninstalling ?

Thank you
- I hope it was not describe'd to cryptic -
br
walter

Last edited by walter_2; 01-28-2013 at 07:48 AM. Reason: *wrong model in title*
walter_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:53 AM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
You can normally use the uninstallers for the most recent version of tools. You should find installer / uninstaller links here: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Touch_Hacking

Otherwise, it may be easier, faster, and safer to just flash a pristine 5.1.2 image using the "simple debrick" method, rather than trying to uninstall all modifications.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #3
walter_2
walter_2 began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 5.3.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Otherwise, it may be easier, faster, and safer to just flash a pristine 5.1.2 image using the "simple debrick" method, rather than trying to uninstall all modifications.
What is to do if in diag mode ssh wont work ? Because ktouch is not bricked can I jailbreak it again to have a newer version of diag-software ?
Or I have to flush diag kernel 5.0.0 before flashing 5.1.2?
walter_2 is offline   Reply With Quote