Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-24-2016, 01:02 PM   #1
mcm_xciv
mcm_xciv began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
How can i get these fonts?

I convert a .azw3 file to .epub with calibre.And i find font family nominated in stylesheet.css :
.normaltext1 {
display: block;
font-family: STKai, "MKai PRC", Kai;
font-size: 0.83333em;
text-indent: 2em;
margin: 0
}

So i mount fonts.cramfs.img,but cannot find these fonts:STKai, "MKai PRC", Kai.My quession is :how can i get these fonts or these fonts aren't embered in kindle paperwhite?
mcm_xciv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 02:14 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Which paperwhite model?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2016, 02:31 PM   #3
lucida
Enthusiast
lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: PW3
That's a Chinese font(楷体). When you open a Chinese book(book's language is set to Chinese, most likely your original azw3 will do the trick) kindle will download the font file. It's actually a cramfs image.

Code:
[root@kindle fonts]# ls -l
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root      41234432 Jul  6 01:29 zh-Hans.font
[root@kindle fonts]# pwd
/mnt/us/system/fonts
lucida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:17 AM   #4
mcm_xciv

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Which paperwhite model?
Kindle PaperWhite 3 (2015)
Old 09-25-2016, 09:28 AM   #5
mcm_xciv

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucida View Post
That's a Chinese font(楷体). When you open a Chinese book(book's language is set to Chinese, most likely your original azw3 will do the trick) kindle will download the font file. It's actually a cramfs image.

Code:
[root@kindle fonts]# ls -l
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root      41234432 Jul  6 01:29 zh-Hans.font
[root@kindle fonts]# pwd
/mnt/us/system/fonts
I open a chinese book for a long time,then use 7z extract the file zh_hans.font.It containts only four files:
STKaiBold.ttf,STKaiMedium.ttf,STYuanBold.ttf and STYuanMedium.ttf.

Last edited by mcm_xciv; 09-25-2016 at 09:31 AM.
Advert
Old 09-25-2016, 09:48 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does 7z (on what OS) properly handle cramfs?
You might not be getting the entire contents.
Better that you just mount it as a cramfs and copy out the contents of the file system tree rather than unpack it.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:50 PM   #7
lucida
Enthusiast
lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm_xciv View Post
I open a chinese book for a long time,then use 7z extract the file zh_hans.font.It containts only four files:
STKaiBold.ttf,STKaiMedium.ttf,STYuanBold.ttf and STYuanMedium.ttf.
That's the correct file&content. STKai* is what you're looking for.

The css lists multiple names for compatibility reasons as old kindle/firmware may use different name for the font.
lucida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 01:14 AM   #8
mcm_xciv

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucida View Post
That's the correct file&content. STKai* is what you're looking for.

The css lists multiple names for compatibility reasons as old kindle/firmware may use different name for the font.
I have copy these files into my Android Mobile.But when i open a epub book,it still inform that cannot find font files:stkai.tff mkai prc.ttf kai.ttf.
Should i rename the STKaiMedium.ttf or STKaiBold.ttf to STKAI.ttf?
Old 09-26-2016, 01:50 AM   #9
mcm_xciv

Quote:
Does 7z (on what OS) properly handle cramfs?
You might not be getting the entire contents.
Better that you just mount it as a cramfs and copy out the contents of the file system tree rather than unpack it.
I haven't linux on hand,so use windows platform's 7Z handle cramfs.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:16 AM   #10
zxczxc
Addict
zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: PW
Quote:
I haven't linux on hand,so use windows platform's 7Z handle cramfs.
ssh to the kindle and do it on there?
or set up a vm/share the files to a friend - upload here (if allowed) - maybe not allowed...
zxczxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 12:09 PM   #11
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
The ttf files must be referenced somewhere in books CSS file(s) using @font-face rule and/or you have to know where does your preferred epub reader Android app expect to find extra/custom fonts, then copy the files there.

Or to make things simple you could embed the font files (using Calibre, first you have to add/install "STKai" font on you Windows or add them just to Calibre) epub itself, for that 1 book. I'm guessing that you Android app support embedded fonts...
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 12:35 PM   #12
mcm_xciv

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxczxc View Post
ssh to the kindle and do it on there?
or set up a vm/share the files to a friend - upload here (if allowed) - maybe not allowed...
The zh-Hans.font is nearly 40M,beyond Attachment's Max Filesize.So can't be allowed upload here.can you help me?
Old 09-26-2016, 02:16 PM   #13
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
The zh-Hans.font is nearly 40M,beyond Attachment's Max Filesize.So can't be allowed upload here.can you help me?
You can not post copyrighted material here without the copyright holders permission.

Re-read the site guidelines (link at bottom of every page).
Old 09-27-2016, 03:36 AM   #14
mcm_xciv

Quote:
You can not post copyrighted material here without the copyright holders permission.

Re-read the site guidelines (link at bottom of every page).
OK,i will obey the guidelines.

Tags
font