Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 05-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #436
maxjens
Connoisseur
maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad & Bebook Neo
@mariosipad

Ah, missed the ./data/ directory. Be aware that it is case sensitive, so in this case it should be Data.
maxjens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:18 AM   #437
robertfenton
robertfenton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle on iOS & Mac
Ratings on COPS

Hi,

I have COPS installed on my Synology NAS and it works amazing except for one thing - I cannot filter by book rating. All my 9000+ books have amazon's ratings applied so that I can filter by them when using calibre. This works great when using the local library on my SSD but when using calibre from my synology it is too slow to be usable to I use COPS to browse the books - however I can't filter by star ratings.

Is there a way to "activate" this feature?

Hope my request makes sense, let me know if any questions.

Thanks,

Rob
robertfenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #438
jlsturgeon
jlsturgeon began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 tablet
I presumed that it probably was case-sensitive, so that's not the issue. I followed your instructions, mariosipad, and when I try to access checkconfig in my browser, I get the following error:

HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

I don't have any other files in the /web folder except the ones for COPS and Calibre. I get that same error using domain name, internal IP, or external IP.
jlsturgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:42 AM   #439
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Did you edit or change the .htaccess file? If so temporarily rename it to something like htaccess.tmp. And try again.

If this did not help:

If you use your browser and type:
Code:
http://<IP_of_your_Synology>
do you get? (See thumbnail)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2013-05-27 at 5.36.25 PM.png
Views:	507
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	106332  
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:33 PM   #440
jlsturgeon

I never got that thumbnail you posted when I put in the IP or domain name. At first, if I typed in my IP or domain name, it would just default over to port 5000 and load up the Diskstation Management interface login. I looked at some other instructions on the Synology website and made a couple test files, an index.html and a phpinfo.php, and put those in the /web directory and so now it loads the test index.html I made when I put in the IP. It also loads the phpinfo.php and displays a whole bunch of information I don't understand when I put in http://[IP]/phpinfo.php.

I did not do anything to the .htaccess file. It is in the /Calibre directory. Is that where it belongs?
Advert
Old 05-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #441
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

It is where .htaccess should be.

Can you please rename .htaccess to htaccess.tmp

and try again?
Old 05-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #442
jlsturgeon

Still no luck.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #443
mariosipad
Guru

Strange, the only way I can generate a 500 error is when something is wrong with the .htaccess file.

I can only advise you to:
1 - unzip the COPS zip file in windows to a directory "cops"
2 - copy the directory "cops" with its subdirectories into the web-directory on your Synology
3 - then in a browser connect to the cops directory on the Synology

You then should get errors in http://<ip>/checkconfig.php and no 500 error.

These errors can then be fixed.

Please try.

Last edited by mariosipad; 05-27-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #444
jlsturgeon

OK, if I understand you correctly, the structure I should now have is /web containing the subdirectories /cops and /Calibre, with all the COPS files in /cops, and under /Calibre I now have only the subdirectory /Data containing my Calibre library.

When I type in http://[IP]/checkconfig.php, I get a Synology splash page with the message, "Sorry, the page you are looking for is not found" and a "Back" button. I wasn't sure if you meant that or http://[IP]/cops/checkconfig.php. If I try the latter, I get the error "HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request."

UPDATE: Doing some more Googling on this and similar 500 errors on Synology Diskstation, I found people mentioning that they had to enable an option "Enable display_errors to display PHP error message" in the PHP tab of Web services. Doubtless if weren't a total noob this would have occurred to me before. NOW if I do http://[IP]/cops/checkconfig.php I get "Warning: require_once(config_default.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /volume1/web/cops/config.php on line 9 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'config_default.php' (include_path='.:/usr/syno/php/lib/php') in /volume1/web/cops/config.php on line 9"

Last edited by jlsturgeon; 05-27-2013 at 02:52 PM. Reason: New information
Old 05-27-2013, 02:52 PM   #445
mariosipad
Guru

I meant http://<ip>/cops/checkconfig.php.

Strange, I do not understand why this error 500. This should not happen.

I will do some testing and post my findings here.

Re: Update

Now copy config_local.php fron "calibre" to "cops".
And then move directory "Data" for "calibre" to "cops"

What happens then if you type (in a browser)
Code:
http://<ip>/cops

Last edited by mariosipad; 05-27-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:18 PM   #446
jlsturgeon

OK, I figured out a fundamental issue that I messed up, now that I got that PHP error message. Since it was looking for a config_default file but not finding it, I realized that I misread the instructions and only renamed config_default to config_local rather than making a COPY of config_default and renaming that. Grrr!

I have fixed that issue, moved the COPS files back into the /Calibre directory and successfully loaded my library into a browser. It runs beautifully in my web browser on my PC. I had some trouble getting it to add on FBReader until I realized that for whatever odd reason, it was indeed case-sensitive there as well. Sigh. I am astounded at how fast it runs given that I have a huge library (24,000+). Yes, you read that right. Calibre on my desktop runs like molasses in January by comparison.

In the interests of dingbats like myself who just follow directions without really understanding what we're doing, probably step 1 of https://github.com/seblucas/cops/wiki/Howto---Synology should also include to check the "Enable display_errors" checkbox. I still wouldn't have known to load checkconfig in a browser without somebody's help, though, and I really appreciate your assistance!
Old 05-27-2013, 03:29 PM   #447
mariosipad
Guru

I am happy that all works so well now.

But, whatever I do (or however I try to mess up my installation of COPS on my Synology DS-110j which is slow as molasses in the polar winter) I cannot replicate your 500 errors.

On my installation enable display_errors is unchecked (off).

Never mind, just enjoy COPS!
Old 05-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #448
maxjens
Connoisseur
maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad & Bebook Neo
@jlsturgeon that is one i didn't expect. Great that it now works:-)
maxjens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #449
electronicfur
Connoisseur
electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Samsung Note FBReader, Nook Simple Touch FBReader, (Kindle3 died)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
I thought many times about that (https://github.com/seblucas/cops/issues/5). But caching the thumbnail mean having to write on the disk and for now COPS is a pure read only application. That simplify a lot (no extra check, no security holes, ...) and that mean an easy install for every average Joe user.

I had the same issue, I added a cache header (a simple workaround I agree) so that going on the same page after a few day don't burn your CPU again. I also thought about using Nginx caching system but lost interest.

I don't think I'll add that myself to COPS, but I'll happily review and merge any clean patch about it.
Yes I see your point about keeping it simple. Perhaps just having an option not to display thumbnails in lists is the easiest solution for users with small low-powered CPUs. Then the thumbnails only get generated one at a time when they click on book to see the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
9000 tags .... WAHHH ... is Calibre still usable with that much tags ?
Yes Calibre works fine with that many tags. No noticeable performance issue.

Cheers,
EF
electronicfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:30 AM   #450
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
@all

Sorry for not being here as often as usual, real life first ! Hopefully, I'll catch up soon.

The Synology package for latest version of COPS are finally up. See :

http://packages.synocommunity.com/co...ch_0.4.0-1.spk
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology