Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-26-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
Whoover
Enthusiast
Whoover began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300, Kobo Vox
Comixology

Hi, has anyone managed to get Comixology onto their Vox? I have tracked down the DC Comics apk and used DropBox to transfer it onto mine. It has worked great. (I don't seem to be able to use Android Market - seeing as I don't have an android phone, every time I try to install an app I get a message telling me I don't have a device associated with my Google account).
Whoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:15 PM   #2
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Comixology is linked from this page:

http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...pps-and-tools/

If you are just looking for a comic _reader_, perfect viewer (also linked above) is awesome.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
ErikM
ErikM began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
I love, love, LOVE using Comixology on my Kobo. I've switched my floppy reading from physical to digital and, if anything, its directed view option has enhanced my appreciation on the formalism and structuralism of mainstream comics. (Um, without getting too nerdy.)

Also used it to free-preview a variety of comics and, when I like them, I go out and purchase the trades.

It's also assuaged my guilt--I buy 'normal' comics and then re-purchase them as trades later. Was running out of space for things I'd never need to re-read, and I hated tossing them in the recycling box.
ErikM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
Whoover
Enthusiast

Thanks, Mr Nobody, I've loaded a few of those apps - however the comixology link is dead on that site. No worries, I'll be happy with my DC app.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:21 PM   #5
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

It's so annoying when free apps can't be found anywhere except the market...however, good incentive to set up market on your device!

http://www.mediafire.com/?gm72rz1a9r2lpje
Advert
Old 12-26-2011, 06:28 PM   #6
Whoover
Enthusiast

Hey, Thanks for the link. Will do on the Market setup.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:06 AM   #7
Trystran
Trystran began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo vox
Question

Hello there,

First of all, can I just express my utter gratitude for this thread and everyone who's posted in it? I was having the exact same problem as Whooever, and neither Comixology nor Kobo were at all helpful with getting the app onto my Kobo Vox. This thread, and in particular the link to the Comixology app saved my sanity.

THANK YOU!!

Now I'm having the exact same problem with the Dark Horse app. I was wondering if anyone was aware of either a) a way to download their comics directly to one's computer and then upload to the Vox and read either using Perfect Reader, or the Comixology app itself, or b) (and my personal favourite) a site other than Market where I could download the Dark Horse app from?

Regretfully, Comixology dosn't carry the Dark Horse titles that I'm looking for, or this whole processw would just be *infinitely* easier.

Thanks again, and happy reading!
Trys
Trystran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #8
mr_nobody
Evangelist

I just happened to have the comixology app lying around...sorry, never loaded the dark horse app.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #9
Trystran

Ahh.. thanks all the same then.

I found another thread somewhere in the forums which describes how to 'fool' one's Kobo into allowing market to be used, but clearly I'm such a complete hopeless when it comes to computing, I can't even find my /system folder on the Kobo to install the apps into.

And without that it looks like Market just keeps closing.

Sad, but true.

Also incredibly frustrating.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #10
mr_nobody
Evangelist

I haven't tried the new market instructions so can't really comment on them...I set up market before the current kobo update which I have not loaded so...
Old 01-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #11
Trystran

Ahhh...

Again, thanks all the same.

I guess I will have to learn to live with frustration, and a lack of digitall Dark Horse comics..

at least until Kobo gets their act together.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #12
mr_nobody
Evangelist

I don't believe the vox will ever officially have market access.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:59 PM   #13
ErikM
ErikM began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
@Trystran

Did you still need the Dark Horse app? Found out an artist I like (Matt Kindt) has some stuff coming out and I panicked and scoured the net for a way to get this on my Kobo Vox. To my surprise, I succeeded. Let me know if you still need it...
ErikM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #14
Whoover
Enthusiast

It's here too;

http://goodereader.com/apps/comic-ap...d-apps/?did=59
Old 01-20-2012, 09:24 AM   #15
Trystran

@ErikM I do! I do!! I've been trying EVERYTHING in an attempt to get the app on to my poor, much abused Kobo, and nada. My hats off to you for succeeding where I failed.

I'm going to follow the link that Whoover has posted for us and see if that turns out.. back shortly