Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-28-2006, 06:51 PM   #1
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
While you wait for 2.7, try this...

While you wait for 2.7 to deliver on new features in the PDF viewer to make letter sized PDF's more visible you can try this tool I wrote.

It utilizes the PDFBox Java Toolkit from http://www.pdfbox.org. You'll need to grab that in order to use this command line tool.

It's written in Java so you can pretty much use it anywhere you can get java, a command line, and some PDF's to rotate and crop.

If there is demand I can put together a GUI addition to the tool for the command line challenged.

I'll put together more detailed instructions for running the tool later tonight, in the mean time, those with Java skills can have at it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip IliadRotate.zip (5.4 KB, 459 views)
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:26 AM   #2
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024
I'll put together more detailed instructions for running the tool later tonight, in the mean time, those with Java skills can have at it.
This would be nice.
I have no idea what to with java source code, I never programed in Java.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2007, 08:25 AM   #3
vstefanyuk
Connoisseur
vstefanyuk began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024 View Post
While you wait for 2.7 to deliver on new features in the PDF viewer to make letter sized PDF's more visible you can try this tool I wrote.

It utilizes the PDFBox Java Toolkit from http://www.pdfbox.org. You'll need to grab that in order to use this command line tool.

It's written in Java so you can pretty much use it anywhere you can get java, a command line, and some PDF's to rotate and crop.

If there is demand I can put together a GUI addition to the tool for the command line challenged.

Thank you very-very much for it! Was looking for it (and had the same idea) very long time. Didn't know about pdfbox-project.
This approach is much better than converting to image-pdf, size is much smaller, quality much better and conversion time much less (even it is by using Java!).

Thanks again!
vstefanyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:30 AM   #4
narve
iLiad fan
narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstefanyuk View Post
(even it is by using Java!).
Hey! Don't disrespect my favorite language! Java is fast!
narve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:45 AM   #5
vstefanyuk
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by narve View Post
Hey! Don't disrespect my favorite language! Java is fast!
Hey-hey! Java is my favorite language also, >5 years of experience Java is fast, especially with using 5.0/6.0, but in some areas C/C++ is still better

P.S. Btw I started creating GUI application similar to JAP (Just Another Priner), but my one will produce real PDF, but not images PDF as JAP does. By using JFace/SWT, btw, so will be really fast
Advert
Old 10-27-2007, 06:59 AM   #6
vstefanyuk
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024 View Post

As I promised:

http://rapidshare.com/files/65039084...opper.msi.html

Enjoy!

Let me know what is your registration code, will send you license. Registration code you will find if you use software at least one.