Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-29-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
Darcy03231
Darcy03231 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Questions about the Touch or Daily

Right now I have a pocket edition (300) and am looking to upgrade to either the Touch or Daily Edition. One thing I don't like about the pocket is that I can't manage my collections on the reader itself. Can you move things around on the 650 or the 900? or is it like the 300 where you have to put everything into collections on the computer and then side load it? It really a pain when I add new books to collections only to have to then delete everything off the reader and reload it all.
Darcy03231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:13 PM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Yes, you can manually manage your collections on the device. Add/delete collections and add or remove books individually. Oh, and that goes for the 350, also.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2011, 12:36 PM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Are you looking at a 900 or 950? 900 will have similar firmware to your 300 and you can't create collections on the reader. However, 950 is like the 350 and 650 and you can do what you want. I recommend the 950 over the 900 if you can find one because the screen has better contrast and no more glare. The 950 is also lighter and more comfortable to hold. However, I did really love my 900 at the time.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:02 PM   #4
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Oops, Bookworm_Girl of course is right. I was thinking of the 950. The x50 line has the feature you want.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:36 PM   #5
Darcy03231
Darcy03231 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you. And yes, I did mean the 950.
Darcy03231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert