Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
thepump
thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
How do I convert PDF to be read on a Nook

Hi All!

I have a book in soft cover and I have converted it to a Kindle eBook.
What I want to do now is make an eBook available for the Nook reader.
I have the word document as well as the PDF document of the book

Can someone please help me get started in making an eBook for the Nook.
If you could direct me to a forum or web page that would really help!

Thank you!

Steven Myers
thepump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #2
rigorist
rigorist began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Calibre.
rigorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2011, 05:39 PM   #3
thepump
thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Thanks! I will look into Calibre and download it. If anyone has any other tips to create a Ebook for the Nook please let me know.

Thanks again, Steven Myers
Old 05-19-2011, 06:00 PM   #4
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Since you have the Word format document, you can export the filtered HTML and go from there using Sigil or Calibre or (my favourite) Tidy with some hand edits. The MobileRead wiki has several articles on creating epub files; it's not hard to do even by hand.

I've found that Calibre can produce horrible style sheets from messy Word documents. I haven't really tried Sigil; I prefer the control I have over the style sheet and the html code when I do my own editing.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:31 PM   #5
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
Just take your kindle version and use Calibre to convert it into ePub. If you have a nice Kindle version the ePub version should come out OK.
Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2011, 02:24 AM   #6
thepump

Thanks all for the great ideas. I think that I can get started. I did convert my book to the Kindle verson and that worked out OK but that was about a year ago so I forgot everything. I think that it would be good to have a verson for the Nook too. Any ideas or tips will really help! I have a second book coming out soon so I have my work cut out for me! Thanks.

Tags
ebook conversion newbie, nook