Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-17-2007, 05:38 PM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
emelFM2 Iliad Release (File Manager)

I have released a File Manager for the iLiad. It uses the 3 paned approach similar to Midnight Commander. The attached zip file will work in any directory on the the iLiad.

A word of caution. Deleting files with the "Trash" icon will move them to /home/root/.local/Trash/Files. If you delete too large of a file from the memory card, it is possible to fill up the internal file system. I recommend that you do not use the trash function until I can sort out the root cause of this.

You can find more information about emelFM2 here: http://emelfm2.net/emelFM2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	emelfm2.png
Views:	1721
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	3179  
Attached Files
File Type: zip emelfm2.zip (3.64 MB, 2218 views)
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:45 PM   #2
templario
Connoisseur
templario began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
It´s just amazing how can you port so many programs in such a short time. Congratulations and once again thank you.
templario is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2007, 04:33 AM   #3
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Adam, you can fix the problem with the trash setting the HOME environment variable in the run.sh script.

Loot at dillo's run.sh (it sets the HOME variable to the execution directory so that dillo can find the .dillorc configuration file in the installed dir, not in the home of the user).

Antartica.

P.S.: And thanks for the port :-).
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:02 AM   #4
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Cool, time of cp files with mrxvt back and forth seems to become history.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:59 PM   #5
Tokkeh
Reader
Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad /Palm TX
Completely overlooked this File Manager. Many thanks AdamB. Seems just what I need. How do you manage it all? What about setting up a Master Class?
Tokkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2007, 03:07 PM   #6
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Manage What? Porting applications? It's pretty easy if you know a bit about linux. I've written a tutorial here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=35
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:17 PM   #7
Tokkeh
Reader
Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad /Palm TX
I meant 'manage' in terms of time involved (even easy things take time). Your tutorial looks really helpful. Now I just need the password for my daughter's Ubuntu system...
Tokkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:50 PM   #8
MarkRPenn
Connoisseur
MarkRPenn began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
OK, so I've got this installed and running, but don't have a clue how to use it! The user guide on the linked page is no use at all, as it refers to keyboard shortcuts to do everything (eg Shift>F9 to get the navigation window), but of course I can't use those on an Iliad. It also includes no explanation of the various toolbar icons.

I'm guessing all of this is pretty clear to anyone familiar with Linux, but I'm not!

Basically, I want to get to my Docs, Books, News and Notes folders, and to my various external drives, but simply can't find them or work out how to navigate even if I did know thier paths.
MarkRPenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 05:44 PM   #9
MarkRPenn
Connoisseur

Anybody? Please? Pretty Please?

If someone could at least tell me the full paths to the "standard" folders, such as News, and to the various external storages, it'd be a start. And if anyone knows how to get to the Navigation Window without an F9 key, or how to get search to work (it does nothing AFAICT), that'd be even better!

Cheers,

Mark
Old 10-16-2007, 07:02 PM   #10
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I agree about the icons. They are a bit small, and not designed for gray scale.

Most external cards are under /media, e.g. /media/cf. If it isn't there, then try /mnt (/mnt/cf).

The user-accessible internal memory is /mnt/free, so if you have books etcetera on internal memory this will be /mnt/free/books. Typically, double tapping on a directory will switch to that directory.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:38 AM   #11
MarkRPenn
Connoisseur

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Mark
Old 11-16-2007, 04:23 PM   #12
grantor
grantor began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
step by step instrcions please

could some one give step by step instrction to installing and using this program please

what goes where, how,

need this to start swapping files from CF to internal memory with a eye towards power savings

thanks
grantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 04:54 PM   #13
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
IIRC Adam packaged it up so all you need to do is unzip it to somewhere, e.g. a CF card, USB or the iliad internal memory. Once unzipped it should appear in the contentlister. Click on it and it will install or run. Note that I think it will refresh the screen about 3 times on start up, so it might appear that something is going wrong but it is not.

The biggest problem I had with it initially is that it started with icons that I did not know the meaning of and had no text for the controls. You can use that to change to text instead of icons, if you wish. Look for the crossed spanners, this is the settings icon.
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:58 PM   #14
grantor

file transfer

thanks, I'm being very cautios, as I'm totla unffamiliar with Linux, and really don't what to turn my new toy into a brick ...

just spent 5 minutes learning how exit from the program..

... spolied by winxp
Old 11-16-2007, 06:00 PM   #15
grantor

whoops, last post contained errors, due to fat fingers and ID10t error