Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #1
bdillahu
bdillahu began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 6s with Marvin
How to change location books are stored on reader

I hope this isn't covered somewhere obvious, but it probably is... sorry, I really have looked :-)

I have a Blackberry that I read on (with Mobipocket) and Calibre transfers to it just fine... but it always puts new books in the "eBooks" folder. Is there any way to change that?

My reason is that Mobipocket polls each book in the "eBooks" folder when you start the app. With several hundred books, this takes way too long, so I keep a "eBooks_storage" folder with my entire library (8Gb SD card) and then move whatever I'm reading at the moment over to eBooks.

Thanks for a great tool!

Bruce
bdillahu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:16 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdillahu View Post
I have a Blackberry that I read on (with Mobipocket) and Calibre transfers to it just fine... but it always puts new books in the "eBooks" folder. Is there any way to change that?
No, the plugin places the books in that directory or a sub-directory of that folder.

Quote:
My reason is that Mobipocket polls each book in the "eBooks" folder when you start the app. With several hundred books, this takes way too long, so I keep a "eBooks_storage" folder with my entire library (8Gb SD card) and then move whatever I'm reading at the moment over to eBooks.
You can use the Connect to folder option to transfer books to your eBooks_storage folder.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2010, 11:26 AM   #3
bdillahu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
No, the plugin places the books in that directory or a sub-directory of that folder.
Thanks, at least that confirms I wasn't totally missing something there.

I would recommend it might be an option to consider at some point, but leave that to the people doing the real work :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
You can use the Connect to folder option to transfer books to your eBooks_storage folder.
Hmmm... never played with that... Looks promising, but I find that when I plug in my BB and it get's recognized, then the "connect to folder" option grey's out.

Guess I could mount the SD card in a reader, but just trying to avoid that. I'll play some more.

Thanks!
Bruce
Old 10-08-2010, 11:40 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Hmmm... never played with that... Looks promising, but I find that when I plug in my BB and it get's recognized, then the "connect to folder" option grey's out.
Disable the blackberry driver. Preferences -> plugins -> device plugins. Select the BB driver and press 'Disable'.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:41 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You cannot have two devices recognized by calibre at the same time. If you disable the BB driver then the Connect to Folder option stays available at all times.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2010, 10:09 PM   #6
bdillahu

Thanks guys!

Appreciate the help!