Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-08-2016, 01:30 AM   #16
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazthedj View Post
Bookmarks and no page sync with OverDrive on iOS, when reading a borrowed books on the KOBO Aura One. Seriously! Am I the only one who would like to read a few pages from there phone while waiting in line to see Santa?!
Are you saying that bookmarks and page sync between OverDrive apps on other OSes? Or do you mean the OverDrive app syncs with all the other dedicated ereader devices out there that support direct library borrowing on the device?

In any case, you are not comparing the correct applications. The Kobo devices sync with other Kobo devices and apps. You should be able to read the book in the Kobo iOS app and see the pages and annotations sync.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 01:41 AM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Bookmarks and no page sync with OverDrive on iOS, when reading a borrowed books on the KOBO Aura One. Seriously! Am I the only one who would like to read a few pages from there phone while waiting in line to see Santa?!
Are you using the Kobo app to read on iOS? Or the Overdrive app? Does the Overdrive app sync with any non-Overdrive app on any platform?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 08:04 PM   #18
jazthedj
jazthedj began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The Kobo devices sync with other Kobo devices and apps. You should be able to read the book in the Kobo iOS app and see the pages and annotations sync.
I can't figure it out. I borrow a book from the library using over drive and it will not sync with the iOS app. You have seen this work?
jazthedj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 08:08 PM   #19
jazthedj

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Are you using the Kobo app to read on iOS? Or the Overdrive app? Does the Overdrive app sync with any non-Overdrive app on any platform?
I'm borrowing a library book from the Kobo Aura One using OverDrive. It will not sync with the Kobo iOS app, or the OverDrive iOS app. Borrowing from the OverDrive app on my iPhone, Computer and iPad will sync but not with the Kobo Aura One.
Old 12-16-2016, 09:17 PM   #20
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I can't figure it out. I borrow a book from the library using over drive and it will not sync with the iOS app. You have seen this work?
No, I don't have an Aura ONE, so I cannot connect my Kobo account to an OD account. But, the way the borrowing works is to add the book to your Kobo library. It will then download to any Kobo device that is running the correct firmware level. As the books are in your library, I would expect them to download to the Kobo iOS and Android apps as well. If they do, the bookmarks and reading positions should download as well.

Of course, Kobo might have decided not to add the function to the apps. As you can read OD books using the OD apps, they might not do it. But, I think they would see an advantage to do it due to the connection to their shop.

Also, part of my original response was that you are putting down Kobo because the reading positions aren't synced to the OD app. You didn't answer the question I asked about the reading position syncing between the OD apps on different devices and OSes. Does it? I don't use OD as yet, so I can't say.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 10:02 PM   #21
jazthedj

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You didn't answer the question I asked about the reading position syncing between the OD apps on different devices and OSes. Does it? I don't use OD as yet, so I can't say.
Sorry for not answering. OverDrive syncs reading position on both the iPad & iPhone using the OverDrive iOS app. It does not sync with the Kobo Aura One or the Kobo iOS app. I contacted Kobo support and they said, "this feature wasn't advertised"

Apparently only Kobo purchased books will sync with the Kobo, mobile app and desktop app.