Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
Mortlach
Mortlach began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Trouble Managing Collections on my Kindle Keyboard with Calibre

I'm getting the following error when I try to push collections from Calibre to my Kindle Keyboard:

calibre, version 0.8.70
Kindle Collections: <P>Collections saved to the Kindle.<P>
55 collections, 375 books found on the Kindle.<P><P><B>Eject and <U>Restart</U> the Kindle to load your changes.<B><P><INDENT>To Restart: press the Home key, then press Menu, select Settings, then press Menu again and select Restart.</INDENT><P><P>1 warning message.

=== Kindle Collections Report

Warning:
The collections on the Kindle have been edited since the last time Create Collections was run. If any Calibre-managed collections were edited the changes made previously (listed below) were ignored. Any collections listed in the Never Delete field in Customize are not checked for changes.
Collection "! Unread Books" has a new item: Book with no file - #B003V4B4PM^EBOK
Collection "! Unread Books" has a new item: Book with no file - #B007AIT20E^EBOK
Collection "! Unread Books" has a new item: Book with no file - #B003V4B4GQ^EBOK
Collection "Old Man's War" has a new item: Book with no file - #B003V4B4PM^EBOK

Any thoughts as to what's going wrong?

Jamie
Mortlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Mortlach: That's not an error, that's a warning, and it's already pretty self-explanatory:

The collections have been edited on the Kindle since the last time you used the plugin, but some of those edits are pointing to a book that's no longer on your Kindle. (Or that the plugin didn't find).

Those 'missing' books wouldn't happen to be KF8 files? That would explain it, if you're using the latest official release, and not my patched version .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
Mortlach
Mortlach began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Sorry for not being clearer. I was concerned about the "Book with no file" issue, since when I push the collections from Calibre to my Kindle, those don't get pushed. The books it's having trouble with are all the newest ones I downloaded, so they might be KF8 files. How can I tell?

Also, I'm using the most recent version of Calibre (no patches). Where can I get a patched version?

Thanks!
Mortlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1697 for a patched plugin.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote