Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 04:26 AM   #391
Moonlight2
Moonlight2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hello everybody,

today, I noticed that the SD card of my Kobo Glo is unreachable. Please could you send me an img for my reader? Your help would be much appreciated!
Old 09-06-2019, 07:09 AM   #392
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Advert
Old 02-12-2020, 08:32 AM   #393
peterevonwolfen
peterevonwolfen began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Hi

My Kobo GLO HD is dead. Im looking for Sd image. Help please
Old 02-12-2020, 03:21 PM   #394
fergome
fergome began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Me too, please
Old 02-12-2020, 05:34 PM   #395
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@peterevonwolfen, fergome: PMs sent.
Advert
Old 02-13-2020, 10:05 AM   #396
peterevonwolfen
peterevonwolfen began at the beginning.

Its alive 😁 davidfor - thaks
Old 02-17-2020, 03:39 PM   #397
shan1330
shan1330 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Talking

may i have the img too
Old 02-17-2020, 05:52 PM   #398
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:59 PM   #399
markjeffreydavis
markjeffreydavis began at the beginning.

Image needed for Kobo Glo HD

Bricked my Kobo today. Tried to upgrade firmware and failed.

My Kobo Glo HD was purchased from Walgreens in 2016 if that makes a difference.

I believe the SD card must have been corrupted. I have read (and will read again) the instructions on, Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. Will these instructions allow me to format and reuse the original SD card once I have the replacement image? Thank you. I am somewhat of a forum newbie but believe I can follow (slowly) the Mod Guide.
Old 02-21-2020, 09:56 PM   #400
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

The guide should get you there. But, have you tried a manual factory reset first? There is a good chance that this will solve the problems. See https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...ing_squares.22 for the instructions.
Old 02-22-2020, 01:11 AM   #401
markjeffreydavis
markjeffreydavis began at the beginning.

Success.

Thank you so, so much. I had tried the paper clip routine but the screen would hang. I downloaded the image and wrote it onto the original, corrupted SD card using the recommended utility to do so. I believe the utility formatted the SD card before writing the image. I had backed up my books before-hand and so suffered no data loss. My Kobo is working like new and I couldn't be happier. Again, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:37 AM   #402
aurigod
Enthusiast
aurigod began at the beginning.

Device: JuliusvonJD
I have my kobo out!
After several freezing, restarting by unplugging the battery, now it's definitvly out.
The red light is red (not blinking)... So I think the SD card is dead.
Il somebody could send me a SD img and a 'howto"
Old 02-23-2020, 08:41 AM   #403
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent (though you nearly got the Glo image as that is what this thread is for).

For instructions, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. They are for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools are the same.
Old 02-25-2020, 04:20 PM   #404
GuiMont
GuiMont began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi everybody,

Could I also get the img for a Kobo Glo as it won't work anymore…
Your help is much appreciated, thanks!
Old 02-25-2020, 05:45 PM   #405
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

And for the record, it is a complete waste of your time and my time to post multiple requests or send me a PM telling me that you have posted a request. I respond when I see them. If I don't respond, it is usually because I haven't actually been here to see the first request.
Closed Thread