Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-12-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
a couple PB302 pictures

This isn't intended as a teaser, but one member is dying to see the photos of the 302. Yes, the screen really is that reflective. It's not an artifact of the photo.

I didn't get to use it. TBH, I didn't try. I would have had only 5 or 10 minutes and that would only be enough to identify the obvious shortcomings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0330.JPG
Views:	925
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	43226   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0333.JPG
Views:	884
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	43227  
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:17 AM   #2
Hogan
Zealot
Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Motorola Xoom
Would it be safe to say that its much more reflective than the PRS 600?
Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2010, 09:22 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan View Post
Would it be safe to say that its much more reflective than the PRS 600?
Absolutely. There's one photo I didn't use because you can see a perfect mirror image of my name tag. It is that reflective.

But I don't know for sure whether the unit on display is a production model or a pre-production model. The screen of the retail product might not be so shiny. I'm going to let one of the Pocketbook people answer that question.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:31 AM   #4
Hogan
Zealot
Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Motorola Xoom
Hey, thanks for that Nate. Sorry for the nagging

The PB people have promised a video review over the next few days. If the production units are that reflective, I think the PRS 600 would be a better choice. Fingers crossed that the production unit is better.
Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:50 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
If it's really that reflective, you can use it as a mirror!

"At least my hear is looking good while reading!"

You would need an anti-glare film before you can actually read the text...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2010, 08:07 AM   #6
Tim_ngl
Tim_ngl began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan View Post
Hey, thanks for that Nate. Sorry for the nagging

The PB people have promised a video review over the next few days. If the production units are that reflective, I think the PRS 600 would be a better choice. Fingers crossed that the production unit is better.
The PocketBook position: the reflective screen will be replaced very soon to non-reflective.
Tim_ngl is offline   Reply With Quote