Notices

Old 01-20-2018, 03:35 AM   #1
locus
Enthusiast
locus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
image viewer mode and lost highlights

Hi guys,

I have a kobo aura h2o and today, just by chance, I entered in a kind of image viewer mode where I was able to zoom an image. I have no idea how I entered in that mode, but I think it's totally useful. I've tried in every way but I was not able to enter again in that mode.

When I went out of that mode, however, I noticed that all the notes and highlights I put on that book had disappeared!!

Any idea about how to enter in that mode and why I had this notes/highlight problem??

PS my kobo compared to my old kindle paperwhite si sooooooooooo slow. I have 3 GB out of 4 occupied. Could be this the problem?

My software version is 4.5.9587
locus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 04:10 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The image viewer can be used when reading a kepub. Double tap on the image and it will open. This works for both purchased and sideloaded kepubs.

I haven't had the problem with missing highlights. But, I don't read enough books that have images to test them disappearing when opening the image viewer. I'll try when I find one.

For performance, I haven't used any sort of Kindle enough to get an idea of the relative performance. But, I would recommend updating to the latest firmware which is 4.7.10413. There have been performance improvements in several area since the firmware you are using.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2018, 04:24 AM   #3
locus
Enthusiast
locus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The image viewer can be used when reading a kepub. Double tap on the image and it will open. This works for both purchased and sideloaded kepubs.

I haven't had the problem with missing highlights. But, I don't read enough books that have images to test them disappearing when opening the image viewer. I'll try when I find one.

For performance, I haven't used any sort of Kindle enough to get an idea of the relative performance. But, I would recommend updating to the latest firmware which is 4.7.10413. There have been performance improvements in several area since the firmware you are using.

Thank you very much for your reply. I have converted all my ebooks in the kepub format via calibre . I have tried the double tap but it does not work.. I don't know if this behavior is due to the reader slowness. I'll try to do an update and see..
locus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 11:21 AM   #4
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Slowness with KEpub and disappearing highlights sounds like a corrupt (or otherwise non-working) database to me. You might just need to reboot/restart the device. If that doens't solve it, you might have to use the "log Off" option. That will erase your database, (you will loose all saved pages, bookmarks and highlights,) and require to re-register the kobo before you can conitnue using it, but should solve any database issues.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote