Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-12-2013, 11:04 PM   #91
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
realistically I would prefer to either a) do as hawhill suggested a bazzilion months ago and hack x11vnc to spew to the framebuffer.

or b) fix the nibble order in Xfbdev. as Jesse seemingly had done once upon a time but failed to share his changes. Joy.

Qindle huh. I kind of recall getting qt5 to work an a kindle 3 many moons ago... being an expert at almost nothing code related it's all one big adventure

Last edited by twobob; 11-12-2013 at 11:09 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:47 PM   #92
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
realistically I would prefer to either a) do as hawhill suggested a bazzilion months ago and hack x11vnc to spew to the framebuffer.

or b) fix the nibble order in Xfbdev. as Jesse seemingly had done once upon a time but failed to share his changes. Joy.

Qindle huh. I kind of recall getting qt5 to work an a kindle 3 many moons ago... being an expert at almost nothing code related it's all one big adventure
Ah, I remember that post of his.

hawhill, NiLuJe, ixtab, eureka, knc1 and you are my men. And recently Aeris is the wonderwoman.
And obviously, geekmaster... Man you're missed here! where are you? wth?!!!

And, I'm doing some stuff too, ... (read more?)
Spoiler:
mostly learning for now, will put together and implement some ideas, esp. for K3 as I have switched to for serious reading (admittedly a late bird as twobob once implied! ). KT and Nook are my play toys at their best now. Moral of story, I'll keep this thread alive as much as I can, even with my nonsense. hehehe

And this is my 333th post... lalalalalalala... blah blah blah.

Last edited by thatworkshop; 11-12-2013 at 11:56 PM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2013, 12:45 AM   #93
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
rebuilt libvte9 from source and pointed the termcap to /mnt/us/extensions/lxterminal/share/vte/*

This now fixes many of the broken keys in lxterminal.

"del" key is a notable exception that still needs fixing/tweaking, the default "forward" delete does work as a reverse delete when SHIFTED however.

CNTL, ALT and SHIFT modifiers (left ALT, Right Aa and Left Shift respectively) now work to provide access to many of the ratpoison chorded shortcuts.

CNTL+t a (pictured) = time overlay, for example.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_725.png
Views:	375
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	115111  
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #94
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
rebuilt libvte9 from source and pointed the termcap to /mnt/us/extensions/lxterminal/share/vte/*

This now fixes many of the broken keys in lxterminal.

"del" key is a notable exception that still needs fixing/tweaking, the default "forward" delete does work as a reverse delete when SHIFTED however.

CNTL, ALT and SHIFT modifiers (left ALT, Right Aa and Left Shift respectively) now work to provide access to many of the ratpoison chorded shortcuts.

CNTL+t a (pictured) = time overlay, for example.
Looks gorgeous! If this thing had 512MB/1GB of memory, it'd have rocked even more. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Last edited by thatworkshop; 11-13-2013 at 05:50 PM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:39 PM   #95
zxcvbs
zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k3
Hi, is there any advances on using the 5 way controller as an input device with X11?
Thanks.
zxcvbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
8bpp, kindle3, startx, x server, xorg