Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-18-2012, 03:59 AM   #1
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Kobo.com off line till tomorrow

We are performing scheduled maintenance and will be back up at 06:00 EST.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

【メンテナンスのお知らせ】
本日(12/18)日本時間16時~20時(メンテナンスの進行状況により多少延長する場合がございます)の間 、
弊社 (Kobo, Inc.) の各国一斉システムメンテナンスのため、以下のサービスがご利用いただけなくなっております。

・koboウェブサイト閲覧(http://rakuten.kobobooks.com)
・電子ブック購入(ウェブサイト、電子ブックリーダーおよびアプリ)
たいへんご迷惑をお掛けいたしますが、メンテナンス終了まで今しばらくお待ちください。
koboの利用に関してお困りのことがありましたら下記へお問い合わせ下さい。

koboカスタマーケア
Email: kobo@faq.rakuten.co.jp
電話: 0120-228-442
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:02 AM   #2
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Given the time/day differences who knows when it means they will be back. Always puzzles me why companies aren't more specific about time frames when dealing with users from around the world.

Oh well, pet peeve
Advert
Old 12-18-2012, 04:10 AM   #3
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
However, the direct links to the new firmware are still working.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:31 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I wonder what they are fixing. Hopefully the multiplying shelves.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:35 AM   #5
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I wonder what they are fixing. Hopefully the multiplying shelves.
It's the website that's being fixed, not the firmware...
Advert
Old 12-18-2012, 05:06 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've been told the multiplying shelves is a server issue. I did a factory reset on my Touch today. When the desktop app had finished updating, I had 249 pages of shelves. When I looked at the data, the timestamps went back to July.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:43 AM   #7
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

I know that 249 shelves isn't a subject for humour but it really is one of the funniest tbings I've beard all day!!

And here's you thinking that a reset might sort the issue out .... Mmmm .... Well it certainly proved that a reset just adds more, lol!
Old 12-18-2012, 06:57 AM   #8
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Is anyone else able to sync right now? I see the website is back up, and I managed to complete a factory reset via WiFi, but when I try to sync my Glo an "Unknown Error" box pops up with the messgae: "Oops, something unexpected happened and I don't know what to do. Please try again later."
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:12 AM   #9
murg
No Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I've been told the multiplying shelves is a server issue. I did a factory reset on my Touch today. When the desktop app had finished updating, I had 249 pages of shelves. When I looked at the data, the timestamps went back to July.
While ordinarily I'd say 'how can that be a server issue?', I can think of a few ways this could happen. And we are talking about Kobo here...
Old 12-18-2012, 07:14 AM   #10
murg
No Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Is anyone else able to sync right now? I see the website is back up, and I managed to complete a factory reset via WiFi, but when I try to sync my Glo an "Unknown Error" box pops up with the messgae: "Oops, something unexpected happened and I don't know what to do. Please try again later."
At least that's halfway intelligent.

My favourite is when you do something on the device, like add a dictionary, and the device pops up a 'need to connect via Wifi and it's not enabled' dialog, you click cancel, and then you get a 'Network Error' dialog. No S---, Sherlock!
Old 12-18-2012, 07:38 AM   #11
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
I know that 249 shelves isn't a subject for humour but it really is one of the funniest tbings I've beard all day!!
You misread. I didn't say 249 shelves. I said 249 PAGES of shelves. And yes, I did think it was funny, once I got over the initial shock.
Quote:
And here's you thinking that a reset might sort the issue out .... Mmmm .... Well it certainly proved that a reset just adds more, lol!
No, a reset won't fix it. At least not until the server is fixed. A logout and login might be needed. That will clear the database and force a full resync without having to reload the sideloaded books.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #12
opitzs
Avid Reader
opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS T1, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Given the time/day differences who knows when it means they will be back. Always puzzles me why companies aren't more specific about time frames when dealing with users from around the world.

Oh well, pet peeve
Yes, but they say EST. I would have to check (I'd prefer GMT/UTC), but that is a specific time frame.
opitzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #13
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by opitzs View Post
Yes, but they say EST. I would have to check (I'd prefer GMT/UTC), but that is a specific time frame.
It's Eastern standard time, UTC - 5 hours
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #14
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by opitzs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
It's Eastern standard time, UTC - 5 hours
Yep, Eastern Standard Time in Sydney, Australia, right oh!!

So, hmmm, Kobo needs to explain where they're talking about and use GMT imo.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #15
murg
No Comment

Quote:
Yep, Eastern Standard Time in Sydney, Australia, right oh!!

So, hmmm, Kobo needs to explain where they're talking about and use GMT imo.
Especially since the email was from Japan, so presumably the timezone was relative to Japan.