Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-19-2009, 09:13 AM   #1
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Red face hello fellow-ereaders

After years of dragging too many books(about 10/12) in my holiday-suitcase, I got myself an erader, iLiad Book edition.

Last edited by desertblues; 01-20-2012 at 05:04 AM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:21 AM   #2
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Welcome to the forum, Checktheblues. You'll find an ereader much easier to pack on those vacations. I know I did.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2009, 09:27 AM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I've had mine since last May and I'm still waiting to go on vacation I'm looking forward to having half my suitcase back!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:28 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi checktheblues and welcome to the Forum. Don't be nervous about going off on vacation without pBooks. eBooks are all you need. I just spent two weeks on the beach reading away on my Sony and it was great!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:36 PM   #5
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello checktheblues -- and welcome to MobileRead.

I've had my Kindle since last February, and have taken a couple of short vacations (which were really just week-long cross-country car trips) and lots of business trips. Having the Kindle definitely means that I don't have to pack a lot of paper books. I still take at least one paper book with me. They come in handy at the oddest times -- like during takeoff and landing when they make you power off your electronic devices. For the car trips, I still pack a small box with about 12 paper books, just to give myself more variety. Since I already own these books, I need to read them and then dispose of them.

Once you get used to reading on your iLiad, you won't miss the paper books. One thing I've come to like very much is that if I set the reader down and start doing something else, it marks my place so when I go back into the book, I'm right where I left off. With paper books, it's much easier to lose your place.

I hope you enjoy hanging out here at MobileRead. There are people who know just about everything, so you're sure to find answers for any questions.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2009, 08:20 PM   #6
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I've been on vacay twice since getting mine. Nothing beats it! Just don't forget your charger.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:43 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Hello, checktheblues. Why do I want to say "chucktheblues"?

I"m sure you'll wonder what you ever did without it. Be sure and check out all the free books downloaded here, especially those by Dr. Drib and SirSir Ralph Edward.

Enjoy.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:21 AM   #8
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

1001 Books to read before you die? Which category do you prefer, or are you trying to read all the classic works as Jane Austen, Oscar Wilde, Steinbeck etc. I wish you lots of luck and plenty of time to read that and more!
Old 01-25-2009, 10:28 AM   #9
desertblues
Home for the moment

Thank you for your post. I'm relatively new in forums; that is, I don't know how exactly they work, but I give it a try. Due to my daughter who is deep in the computers (but usually doesn't take the time to explain something to her ancient mother) I've got an invitation for a torrent community and have been able to dowmload several books. Afterwards it took me a lot of time to select the files I needed for my iLiad, but it was well worth it. I now have a kind of bookcase on my USBstick (about 2 gb) and that shoud last me some time. I'm a fast reader, so we'll see. As it is freezing in our city, I'm inside the whole sunday and enjoying myself in front of the computer with a glass of glühwein we bought at the last Christmasmarket. Excuse my English as it is not my native tongue. Bye
Old 01-25-2009, 10:30 AM   #10
desertblues
Home for the moment

Thank you for your welcome. I'm learning as I go.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:32 AM   #11
desertblues
Home for the moment

Thank you for your welcome. I'm looking forward to having my suitcase back as well, as this summer we're travelling to Syria and Jordania for a month. Bye