Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-17-2020, 08:30 AM   #121
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
You should be able to use the "chain" mechanism for that.

Basically, something like:
Code:
menu_item : main : Theme label : <first setting> : <first arg>
chain_success : <second setting> : <second arg>
chain_success : <third setting> : <third arg>
menu_item : main : Another menu item : <another setting> : <another arg>
Thanks for the help. I'll play with it.

ETA: Perhaps I misunderstood. I thought you meant it could be done now with the right combo of instructions. But I don't see any existing option to set config values for ColorSetting or FrontLightLevel.

Last edited by jackie_w; 06-17-2020 at 08:47 AM. Reason: ETA
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 08:33 AM   #122
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
You should be able to use the "chain" mechanism for that.

Basically, something like:
Code:
menu_item : main : Theme label : <first setting> : <first arg>
chain_success : <second setting> : <second arg>
chain_success : <third setting> : <third arg>
menu_item : main : Another menu item : <another setting> : <another arg>
But for the example given, the light level, it may set the config file setting but the actual/displayed light level won't change?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2020, 10:54 AM   #123
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Do remember https://github.com/geek1011/NickelMenu/issues/3 before getting your hopes up about frontlight actions .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 11:40 AM   #124
Alanon
Connoisseur
Alanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Aura One
I've just tried the menu for the first time, hoping that it might serve as a replacement for KSM, since I've never used the advanced features it offers. It works so well, and it's so easy to figure out that I removed KSM from my Aura One within minutes!

I just love the way it integrates, and the additional options like invert screen and screenshots that work on the fly, and all the potential it has to develop even further. Wonderful work!

I have one quick quick question, is there any advantage/disadvantage to using kfmon and images to launch Plato, KOReader, etc, as opposed to simply using cmd_spawn?
Alanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 11:44 AM   #125
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Alanon: For Joe Random on current FW versions and forgetting extreme corner-cases, if you follow the recommended syntax (and minimum supported versions, if applicable), not really.

I like not depending on Nickel because I don't actually run Nickel most of the time, hence KFMon . But NM is definitely more user-friendly while inside Nickel, hence the KFMon generator for the "best of both worlds" approach (i.e., an NM button, but launch handled by KFMon. This is what the OCP bundles do.).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-17-2020 at 11:49 AM.
Advert
Old 06-17-2020, 03:43 PM   #126
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamalau View Post
When i used MiniClock with NickelMenu, Minicklock dosn´t toggle, when i activate Nightmode, with the MenuButton, what is wrong there?
I'm also seeing this, I've tried tinkering with the various appropriate settings in miniclock

1) enabled backgroundless on a lark to see if that'd trigger it. No joy
2) enabled the inverse option to hope it would do the trick. No joy
3) enabled the old nightmode hack options (doubted this would work but eh). No joy

Any thoughts?
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 03:46 PM   #127
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@MGlitch: Try with the latest MiniClock build, make sure you don't have duplicate (Invert) entries in your (Kobo) config file.
Old 06-17-2020, 04:10 PM   #128
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@MGlitch: Try with the latest MiniClock build, make sure you don't have duplicate (Invert) entries in your (Kobo) config file.
I'm using KoboRoot-MiniClock-20200605 (which I believe is the latest, though frostshultz as earlier ones linked to from his signature).

I've attatched my miniclock config, note that using the setting in reading settings which replaced adobe page numbers does work as intended. It's only when using NM's invert setting which I have as

#invert
menu_item : reader : Invert : nickel_setting : invert

That does not trigger miniclock to change.
Attached Files
File Type: txt miniclock.txt (7.5 KB, 214 views)
Old 06-17-2020, 04:43 PM   #129
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
I've attatched my miniclock config, note that using the setting in reading settings which replaced adobe page numbers does work as intended.
NickelMenu will store the InvertScreen=true setting in its correct section, [FeatureSettings] in the .conf file.

The earlier Adobe page numbers kobopatch will store that same setting in the [Reading] section, because it had no choice. If you haven't already you need to:
- disable the patch
- manually delete InvertScreen=true from the [Reading] section.

If you don't do that you'll get the 2 entries fighting each other and the MiniClock display may have a white background after inverting the screen.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 04:54 PM   #130
MGlitch
Wizard

Thanks Jackie, that did the trick

Love the patch, but NM just makes it -that- much quicker to toggle on/off. Which of course was the idea of the patch in the first place.
Old 06-17-2020, 07:31 PM   #131
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@jackie_w: Huh. Thanks for tracking down the reason why people had duplicate entries \o/.
Old 06-19-2020, 06:56 PM   #132
MGlitch
Wizard

Quote:
Yes, this works! And it's awesome!

I'm working with supporting this with my Kobo-UNCaGED program in the near future.

Huge thanks to geek1011 for all the hard work on this one.
Has there been any update on this? I realize "near future" is broad, just wondering if any progress has been made?
Old 06-19-2020, 07:05 PM   #133
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Has there been any update on this? I realize "near future" is broad, just wondering if any progress has been made?
I may have been a tad... enthusiastic with that particular post.

I am working on it, but it's tied up into the Web UI I'm working on (https://github.com/shermp/Kobo-UNCaGED/issues/30), which in turn tied up by the fact I need find out when the content import process is finished, which in turn has lead me into a slightly more ambitious project that will let me know that, and more...
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 07:16 PM   #134
MGlitch
Wizard

Quote:
I may have been a tad... enthusiastic with that particular post.

I am working on it, but it's tied up into the Web UI I'm working on (https://github.com/shermp/Kobo-UNCaGED/issues/30), which in turn tied up by the fact I need find out when the content import process is finished, which in turn has lead me into a slightly more ambitious project that will let me know that, and more...
Totally fair, I'll just look forward to the implementation when it happens. Thanks for the update!
Old 06-19-2020, 07:21 PM   #135
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
I forgot to mention, you can still launch the current version of KU with NM. Just create a NM config file that launches the same start script that's in the kfmon config file runs. (Use the cmd_spawn command)
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, launcher, ldpreload, nickel