Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-02-2013, 03:47 AM   #1
Oletros
Connoisseur
Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle NT
Android Kindle 4.1 breaks further page syncing?

I have installed the latest update for the Android Kindle app and now the "Sync to further read page" is disable in all the sideloaded books.

Does anyone have the same problem?
Oletros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
yes, but as I'm new to android I thought that was just a quirk of the programe
Josieb1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Probably best to ask Kindle CS about it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oletros View Post
I have installed the latest update for the Android Kindle app and now the "Sync to further read page" is disable in all the sideloaded books.

Does anyone have the same problem?
'By definition' (Amazon's) side loaded books are not synching with any other device, so this option doesn't make sense.

If you are using calibre to insert ASIN to simulate sync, I can appreciate why you think it is broken, but Amazon probably does not see it that way, and could easily break that functionality without even knowing they've done so.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, I missed the word "sideloaded". Yes, I agree with tomsem - there's no reason that sideloaded book would sync.
Advert
Old 07-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #6
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Sorry, I missed the word "sideloaded". Yes, I agree with tomsem - there's no reason that sideloaded book would sync.
My 'side loaded' books are actually DRM free ebooks I buy from independant publishers and email to Amazon, who store it in my library under documents and then deliver to my kindle. I then have the same book on my Nook, Ipad and Paperwhite, the sync between the ipad app and the Paperwhite works seemlessly but the option in the same book in my Nook is grey'd out, which does not make sense, and makes me believe its app related.

This is in the Amazon app on my ipad and my Nook. iOS app has the option, Android app does not, Kindle Paperwhite does.

Last edited by Josieb1; 07-02-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I'm a little confused. Initially you said that these were sideloaded books; now you're saying that you've emailed them to Amazon and downloaded from from your library using the Android app. That's not sideloading - sideloading means transferring books via USB or a memory card.

If you're downloading books from your library they should sync, and I'd repeat my suggestion to ask Kindle CS.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #8
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
I'm a little confused. Initially you said that these were sideloaded books; now you're saying that you've emailed them to Amazon and downloaded from from your library using the Android app. That's not sideloading - sideloading means transferring books via USB or a memory card.

If you're downloading books from your library they should sync, and I'd repeat my suggestion to ask Kindle CS.
Josieb1 is not the OP, Harry.
The OP may indeed be talking about sideloaded content.
Josie, The stuff you email and download from your archive are "personal documents" in Amazon lingo.
"Sideloaded" refers to stuff copied directly to the device NOT using any of Amazon's official delivery mechanisms.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #9
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

My terminology, sorry about that, these are my personal books emailed to Amazon. I have contacted CS.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #10
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Josie, The stuff you email and download from your archive are called "personal documents."
"Sideloaded" refers to stuff copied directly to the device NOT using anyh of Amazon's official delivery mechanisms.
Thanks Apk, I got the wording wrong, I never actually buy from Amazon, I buy from places like Smashwords and Allromance, but I always email them to Amazon for delivery to my devices.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #11
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Sorry Harry. I don't know about the OP but on my NOOK the sync option is grey'd out for Personal Documents, but as I have only had my NOOK for a few weeks I don't know if it was always like that.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #12
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Funnily enough I just opened my book in the IOS App and it told me the NOOK app was furthest read, but in the NOOK AP its grey'd out.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #13
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

TBH I can't even find the option in my Kindle IOS app. Confused here. But anyway I always make note oF the location and manually move my books on each device to where they need to be. Its a pain but liveable.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #14
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

My NOOK just updated to a new version, looks like sync is back now.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #15
fred_be9300
fred_be9300 doesn't litterfred_be9300 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite + Android apps
I have an android phone and android tablet, with Kindle app on both, and sideloaded .mobi books on both (sideload = save file in the Kindle folder, with unrelated file management apps or usb connected)

Over the past several month, I was always able to "sync furthest location" between both.

(my setup has recently changed, and I've added a Kindle PW to my collection. I'm now using sync through "personal documents", because I found that this method, in addition to "sync furthest..." also syncs notes & bookmarks (which did not happen for sideloaded books).

I have not yet tried with the latest Kindle Android app though; so I'm just commenting on the notion that sideloaded content doesn't "sync furthest".

-fred

PS: have tested on 1 sideloaded book, of which I'm 95% certain that "sync furthest" worked before. Now, in v4.1, the sync option is indeed grayed out. :-(((

Last edited by fred_be9300; 07-02-2013 at 05:26 PM.
fred_be9300 is offline   Reply With Quote