Notices

Old 12-27-2007, 02:12 PM   #496
gingercat
Connoisseur
gingercat began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by stustaff View Post
Gingercat can you post a link to exactly what you bough from Sony on their site?
Thanks
My wife bought 3 books yesterday. They are current titles. She's not too keen on saying what books they were. (Paranoia about Sony I'd say)
gingercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:35 PM   #497
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Sorry gingercat I meant what you bought to be able to buy the books.
What actual card was it? I keep seeing people mention sony cards, borders cards, connect cards and dont want to buy the wrong sort.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2007, 03:50 PM   #498
gingercat
Connoisseur
gingercat began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iliad
Quote:
Sorry gingercat I meant what you bought to be able to buy the books.
What actual card was it? I keep seeing people mention sony cards, borders cards, connect cards and dont want to buy the wrong sort.
Just a normal MasterCard purchase.
gingercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 04:55 PM   #499
linja66
linja66 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Hello,
I just got mine PRS-500 and I am situated in Pierrefonds, Quebec. I paid 32 $ of fees related to get the device from the States to Quebec.

Linja66
linja66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 04:56 PM   #500
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Am I speaking english? Yes just not very well it seems

Not what card did you use to purchase it but where is a link to the 'card' you bought? and was it a borders gift card(certificate)? a sony gift card or a connect gift card you bought with your mastercard?

ta
Advert
Old 12-28-2007, 04:55 AM   #501
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Am I speaking english? Yes just not very well it seems

Not what card did you use to purchase it but where is a link to the 'card' you bought? and was it a borders gift card(certificate)? a sony gift card or a connect gift card you bought with your mastercard?

ta
I think what gingercat is saying is that they just buy the eBooks directly, rather than buying a card/code and applying that to the account. Sounds like they just put in their address as normal, but used US as the country and that's been accepted by the web-site.

Normally that doesn't validate, as normally there's some checking of the zip-code/state, or the check against the credit-card address, but it's possible that it's something such as the CC info's not available for them to validate the address, just the validity of the card itself, or similar.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 05:53 AM   #502
stustaff
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
Contact Leaping Gnome, who will buy sony connect vouchers for non US residents.
He will accept Paypal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingercat View Post
Nah - just buy em direct from Sony. We've never had a problem.

Just entered our correct address and as they only allowed US for the country option we of course had to say our country of origin was US (Not New Zealand)
You may be right but what he says here implies he bought the
vouchers!

Actually buying books directly might not be a bad plan as normally for a mastercard or visa the checks for a small purchase are less and may not involve checking of addresses.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:27 PM   #503
nitrous
nitrous began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader 500
Sony CONNECT from Ontario

Quote:
You may be right but what he says here implies he bought the
vouchers!

Actually buying books directly might not be a bad plan as normally for a mastercard or visa the checks for a small purchase are less and may not involve checking of addresses.
What I found was that upgrading the Connect software to version 2 prevented me from connecting to my account that I set up with version 1.1

I got a friend to purchase a $100 gift certificate from Sony and entered it. Once I reinstalled version 1.1, I was fine. I've downloaded quite a few books without any problems. I live in Ontario.

Doug
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:04 PM   #504
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Got mine today

P.S. I have ordered it on 31th December 22.30
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:05 PM   #505
ste9hen
ste9hen began at the beginning.

Device: sony mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat View Post
Got mine today

P.S. I have ordered it on 31th December 22.30

Hi

Where did you order yours from?

I am also based in the uk and want to try to avoid having to import from USA.

Thanks
ste9hen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:35 AM   #506
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste9hen View Post
I expect it was B&H - apart from importing, your options are (a) eBay or (b) getting someone to buy one & bring it back for you...
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:37 AM   #507
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste9hen View Post
Hi

Thanks
gwynevans is entirely correct.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:21 AM   #508
stustaff
Wizard

Mine from B&H too great service and quick delivery.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:20 PM   #509
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
I Got my reader at the borders located in the Miami international airport, if you visit the us and no stores sell it where you are going you can check if the airport you pass through has it.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:56 AM   #510
mack 120
Enthusiast
mack 120 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, iPad, Samsung NC10, IPhone 3GS, iMac, Sony PRS505 (broke)
New reader owner

Just to say hi to everyone.

I had friends going to the states and they very kindly brought one back for me. I have mangaed to get the free classics without any problems and have also purchased vouchers from Leaping Gnome of this forum with no problems at all.
Really enjoying the experience of e reading. Wasnt sure how i would take to it becuase i adore buying new books and reading them (Sad but true). Lots of people are asking lots of questions as to why the uk is lagging behind the rest of the world with regards to this technology.
I can only say im happy to join the many e readers and have to strongly disagree with your mans Steve Jobs comments yesterday

Hi to all
mack 120 is offline   Reply With Quote