Still waiting for mine...
Jeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:38 PM   #467
woldinghamuk
Enthusiast
woldinghamuk doesn't litterwoldinghamuk doesn't litter

Device: ebookwise 1150 + sony reader 500
Cool sony reader

We cannot buy it here in the CZ :-( ... will have to go to ebay or elswhere.
woldinghamuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2007, 01:54 PM   #468
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by woldinghamuk View Post
We cannot buy it here in the CZ :-( ... will have to go to ebay or elswhere.
Cannot you order from B&H?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 02:12 PM   #469
woldinghamuk
Enthusiast

I could ... but at the moment with shipping it is about 350 USD - quite a lot of bucks to pay .. at least for me.. will wait a bit and then buy.. am already looking forward to it :-)
Old 12-09-2007, 02:26 PM   #470
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woldinghamuk View Post
I could ... but at the moment with shipping it is about 350 USD - quite a lot of bucks to pay .. at least for me.. will wait a bit and then buy.. am already looking forward to it :-)
I see. I hope you do realise that if you buy it from ebay it is not going to be cheaper? At least until a next generation reader approaches the difference in price will be next to nothing at the best or ebay is going to be even more expensive.
I am telling you that, so you don't wait for 6 months then buy it from ebay for the same price you can buy it today in B&H and enjoy the reader now.

Last edited by astra; 12-09-2007 at 02:28 PM.
Advert
Old 12-09-2007, 05:06 PM   #471
urseus
urseus began at the beginning.

Device: Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhunedd View Post
The only thing I dislike is the outside colour of the included cover. Quite a yucky mid-brown. Not quite sure why it wasn't the same silver-grey the inside / device is.

Guess I'll have to get a better cover for it when it launches here in the UK. Not worth importing one of them.

Overall, it rocks. And so do B&H.
Yeah i really want to get that black leather case. Its a pity that B and H dont sell those as well.

Does anyone else sell them?
urseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:08 PM   #472
iacchi
Zealot
iacchi is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-500; Boox C67ML; Boox Max
@ astra_lestat: That's not really truth. I've bought my prs 500 through eBay and I've paid it quite less than B&H. I don't remember the price in $, I think 240, but I well remember I've paid it 210€ shipment included. This means 308$ with the current conversion rate, and in July when I bought it it was more or less the same.
iacchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:00 PM   #473
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacchi View Post
@ astra_lestat: That's not really truth. I've bought my prs 500 through eBay and I've paid it quite less than B&H. I don't remember the price in $, I think 240, but I well remember I've paid it 210€ shipment included. This means 308$ with the current conversion rate, and in July when I bought it it was more or less the same.
No I think Astra Lestat is right.

as your talking about the 500 which is the old machine so of course it costs less for that from Ebay than the newer 505 from B&H.

look at the current prices

505 from B&H $289.99 + $40 postage = $329.99
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...arch&Q=*&bhs=t

505 from Ebay $350 + $80!!!! for postage = $430
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-Upgraded-...QQcmdZViewItem

So $100 cheaper from B&H

There is also one reader in the UK already for £180 + £7 postage so £187 which is still about $60 more than from B&H about the same price as from B&H so definately not cheaper.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:56 AM   #474
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
July....yeah, right.

Remember, remember the 5th of...oops 4th of July!
Whe nthere were sold 1000 prs-500 for $100, sure they appeared on ebay for less than B&H price. However, as I said before it was a sign of approaching new unit release date.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:15 AM   #475
iacchi
Zealot
iacchi is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-500; Boox C67ML; Boox Max
You're right, I forgot the Tiger Direct offer!
iacchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:21 PM   #476
woldinghamuk
Enthusiast

Quote:
You're right, I forgot the Tiger Direct offer!
Tiger direct offer?
Old 12-10-2007, 05:48 PM   #477
gnuuurff
Enthusiast
gnuuurff doesn't littergnuuurff doesn't litter

Device: happy new owner of sony prs 505
wait my reader prs 505...

My reader is shipped by b&h. I must wait now.

Never the USA seems so far from France than today for me...
gnuuurff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:14 AM   #478
nathansmith
nathansmith began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
hi all, i'm a new member here and am waiting for my reader to arrive (UK) today (after being stung by customs!). does anyone (US members of course) have the kindness and possible profit of supplying us euro folk with connect vouchers? (a bit cheeky on my first post i know).

ta
nae
nathansmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:48 AM   #479
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16309
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15662
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8042

Not to put down LG's help, but also read the stickies in the forum/sub-forumns, regarding the other ways of getting or converting content for the Reader other than via the official store.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:41 PM   #480
woldinghamuk
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Don't have one sent via a courier service (UPS, DHL, FedEx, etc). If a courier delivers it, they'll pay all the taxes on your behalf and then send you a bill for it, with a large "processing fee" added for good measure. That's what happened to me! Try to have it sent through the normal postal service.
That´s what happened to me as well but on a different order, which had been sent by the "normal" US post but somehow in the process the the UPC took over (have no idea why ?? did not ask for it) and charged me a hefty sum ... I was furious and could do zilch about it..