Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-09-2008, 09:46 AM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Fire Hydrants for vivaldrules

Our favorite chocolate eating Chumley traveling dog seems to need a few new fire hydrants. While we don't want to talk about the accident at Marc's party a few weeks ago (tickets are still available) where he mistook the NarCh Memorial Spleen Cheese Sculpture for a fire hydrant, any and all contributions are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FH-1.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	13371   Click image for larger version

Name:	FH-2.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	13372   Click image for larger version

Name:	FH-3.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	13373  
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:56 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
NarCh Memorial Spleen Cheese Sculpture
thank you for that mental image, which will probably keep me up nights (giggling) for the rest of my life.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2008, 02:21 PM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Nice. Thanks, Wood! They're lovely. I particularly like Uncle Sam the Piggy. The one spewing water is a bit scary, though. It's not that time of year for my bath, yet. Anyway, I can now come here for relief whenever I get the urge (if I can't find that cat, er, um, what's his name again?).
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:32 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
It's not that time of year for my bath, yet.
a bath every year, whether you need it or not, right ?
Old 06-09-2008, 02:38 PM   #5
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
a bath every year, whether you need it or not, right ?
Eh? No. One bath a year - if you need it. There is no sense in bathing if you're not dirty..
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2008, 02:40 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel

i see. you may have guessed not all of us are quite so averse to baths...
Old 06-09-2008, 02:43 PM   #7
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
I saw the waiting list
So of course a bath to enjoy is something completely different and seperat of a bath to get clean.
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:57 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel

...although sometimes a bath can actually be dual-purpose.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:36 PM   #9
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
I think this might have caused some confusion at the party:

Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:40 PM   #10
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hey, I had a bath just a month or so ago after that incident with Chumby. I probably don't need another until, oh, I don't know, maybe Christmas?

And, oh, yes, the NatCh Memorial Spleen Cheese Sculpture incident: hey, it wasn't my fault. Marc told me it was okay and it smelled really good, er, bad, if you know what I mean. So I stuck my nose in it and then claimed my territory as I always do. Don't you?
Old 06-09-2008, 04:50 PM   #11
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
I think this might have caused some confusion at the party
The only confusion I can remember was when PH was stumbling around everywhere looking for ZP's bathtub, there were spleens seemingly everywhere, Marc was egging on this gibbon from hell who incited the riot (does anyone remember just how many police showed up?), there were dozens of cats and rats and elephants (wait, was that a squirrel? no, can't be - Yvan was with the squirrel), a couple of woodworkers in the corner examining the furniture, Chumby was playing with the puddle ducks in the pool, I think Patricia was out on the veranda trying to figure out how to prepare her next Voltaire post using BD on her EEE, a host of other characters (I remember penguins, a warrior princess, some wall flowers, etc.), and then there was this bloody dalek who kept yelling "do you want them to shut us DOWN?!" Anyway, it's all a blur to me now. When's the next one?
Old 06-09-2008, 05:17 PM   #12
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
How did I miss this party? Or is it still to come?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:19 PM   #13
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
The only confusion I can remember was when PH was stumbling around everywhere looking for ZP's bathtub, there were spleens seemingly everywhere, Marc was egging on this gibbon from hell who incited the riot (does anyone remember just how many police showed up?), there were dozens of cats and rats and elephants (wait, was that a squirrel? no, can't be - Yvan was with the squirrel), a couple of woodworkers in the corner examining the furniture, Chumby was playing with the puddle ducks in the pool, I think Patricia was out on the veranda trying to figure out how to prepare her next Voltaire post using BD on her EEE, a host of other characters (I remember penguins, a warrior princess, some wall flowers, etc.), and then there was this bloody dalek who kept yelling "do you want them to shut us DOWN?!" Anyway, it's all a blur to me now. When's the next one?
ah, the memories. good times.

(yes, when *is* the next one ??)
Old 06-09-2008, 05:19 PM   #14
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Both - it involves some time travel and a covered dish

Doesn't anybody remember a globe spinning around the dance floor? I feel so unwanted.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:20 PM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
oh, you were there, patricia. if you can't remember it, then like mindy you must have had too many zany carter deluxes to drink. that and time travel will weak absolute havoc on your cerebral cortex (and other things as well).

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, unutterable silliness