Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Tea or Coffee? Coffee or Tea?
Tea 44 47.83%
Coffee 45 48.91%
Neither 10 10.87%
*Neutral* 2 2.17%
Spain 5 5.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2009, 01:49 PM   #91
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Coffee, strong, with half and half. Two Harv and Vera mugs worth every day.
No wonder you run around screaming like that. Maybe you should cut back, huh?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:00 PM   #92
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Does anyone else like cinnamon in their coffee?
Cinnamon is the only thing that I will allow in my coffee...no milk, no cream, no half and half, no chocolate, no sugar. Coffee should be served pure with nothing added (except occasionally cinnamon).
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2009, 03:38 PM   #93
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
coffee in the morning, freshly ground fair trade, and yes! I put cinnamon in it! I have a coffee press at home and even a smaller one at work. I refuse to drink warmed over dishwater which they make here. I'm told that my coffee is STRONG! *shrug* it's good! anyway, one at home, usually one at work. along with the cinnamon I add a bit of milk and almond flavoring, not the syrup stuff, the flavoring used in baking.

I used to drink a fair amount of hot black tea, but in my late 20s or early 30s it started making me sick, as in drink a cup, and clear the hatches she's gonna blow sick!!!! just recently I have noticed that iced tea (which I love!) on an empty stomach has the same effect. I like to mix rose tea and celestial seasonings mandarin orange spice for iced tea. I like lapsang soochang and gunpowder as well. one of my favourites for summer and hard work is people's republic of tea green tea with honey lemon and ginseng. I make it super concentrated and then put it on ice.... yummmm!!!!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:33 PM   #94
WDecraene
Zealot
WDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enough

Device: A FREE (!!!) replacement cybook gen 3
Coffee !! No contest at all.

Strong shots or cappuccinos depending on the time of the day
WDecraene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:17 PM   #95
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Does anyone else like cinnamon in their coffee?
Not tried that but it sounds lovely - I do sometimes put a pinch of salt in mine
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2009, 05:20 PM   #96
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
Not tried that but it sounds lovely - I do sometimes put a pinch of salt in mine
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:29 PM   #97
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
In the name of all thats holy...................why???
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #98
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
In the name of all thats holy...................why???
Have a friend from Barbados and he does it all the time - even when making for other people. One really hot summer (obviously not a recent one lol) I just got used to it. I am told it is pretty common over there
Old 05-28-2009, 05:44 PM   #99
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Have a friend from Barbados and he does it all the time - even when making for other people. One really hot summer (obviously not a recent one lol) I just got used to it. I am told it is pretty common over there
hm, actually i can understand that... i heard that you need to make sure to eat a bit of salt when it's very hot because you lose it when you sweat. although probably there is plenty of salt just in regular food. but in a hot place like barbados, particularly if they don't use a lot of salt in cooking, perhaps they need it...
Old 05-28-2009, 05:47 PM   #100
Peverel
Still Easily Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hm, actually i can understand that... i heard that you need to make sure to eat a bit of salt when it's very hot because you lose it when you sweat. although probably there is plenty of salt just in regular food. but in a hot place like barbados, particularly if they don't use a lot of salt in cooking, perhaps they need it...
or my friend is a loony, which is equally possible

Last edited by Peverel; 05-28-2009 at 05:50 PM. Reason: ok I am loosing the plot big time - and just typing random words in the middle of my posts
Old 05-28-2009, 05:48 PM   #101
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
or my friend is a loony, check is equally possible
always a possibility as well.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:50 PM   #102
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Okay. Isn't this wide world wonderful in its differences?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:08 PM   #103
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
yeah just keep out the funky old sock from the cowboy boot. gives it a really unpleasant aftertaste.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:40 PM   #104
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Lots of people I know, and even restaurants, shake a bit of salt in the coffee grounds before putting them in the drip coffee machine. They say it brings out the flavour.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:44 PM   #105
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Lots of people I know, and even restaurants, shake a bit of salt in the coffee grounds before putting them in the drip coffee machine. They say it brings out the flavour.

WDE.
strangely, that seems quite plausible to me.

i wonder if i should try it...