Notices

Old 09-11-2023, 07:19 PM   #1
groob
Enthusiast
groob began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (1)
Post Kindle Cloud and Calibre sync

Hello,
I've setup a paperwithe signature edition and since I want to sync my sideloaded books across all my devices I'm using the Kindle online storage. I then access my content using the Kindle apps for iPad/Android/Mac and my Kindle device.

I've started sending books from Calibre via GMX/smtp but I've soon realized this method is extremely slow!
I've sent few books but I then switched to "Send to Kindle" app for Mac which is way faster and obtain the same results.

Now to get to the question: When I connect my kindle to Calibre via USB I can see that some books (according to Calibre) are in sync between the Calibre Library and the Kindle Library.

And to be clear, I don't have any books loaded directly from Calibre via USB, all books are sideloaded either using GMX or Send to Kindle App.

So Calibre can somehow maps some of the kindle books to the calibre books.
I say somehow because only few books in my Kindle (<10) are "in sync" according to Calibre; I can see all the other books but they are not mapped to the original version in my Calibre Library.
I suspect those in sync are the ones sent from within Calibre with GMX but I can't be 100% sure.

What can I do to let Calibre see/map/sync all my Cloud Sideloaded books when connecting via usb? Is it even possible?

My main use case is that when keeping a sync between calibre and kindle I can sync My note and annotation using the "Annotations" plugin.

Thanks
groob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 07:28 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
When in the Device View, select a book and click Match Book to Library. If Match Book is not on the toolbar, you can put it there in Preferences -> Toolbars & Menus -> The main toolbar when a device is connected.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2023, 07:31 PM   #3
groob
Enthusiast
groob began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
When in the Device View, select a book and click Match Book to Library. If Match Book is not on the toolbar, you can put it there in Preferences -> Toolbars & Menus -> The main toolbar when a device is connected.
I've tried that, it kind of works, but I have loaded ~100 books, isn't there a way to do this in bulk or automatically? Using some fuzzy logic maybe?

And why some books are matched just fine and others are not? 🤷*♂️
groob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 07:35 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by groob View Post
I've tried that, it kind of works, but I have loaded ~100 books, isn't there a way to do this in bulk or automatically? Using some fuzzy logic maybe?

And why some books are matched just fine and others are not? 🤷*♂️
No, there's no way to do it in bulk or automatically, unless you sideload directly from Calibre with USB.

Matching depends on the metadata; I guess the metadata differs in some way between those books that were not matched.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annotation, cloud, paperwhite, sync, usb