Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-19-2019, 07:29 PM   #31
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I'm not sure if I can express how strongly I disagree with your statement about @geek1011. Recently I've been tasked with doing the technical side of interviews for our team. I really wish I was seeing "noobs" like him.
Maybe noob is a too strong statement. But I see a lot of people that tries to reinvent the wheel instead of contributing to good, mature and reliable already existing code. This is in my humble opinion a sign that the coder have not still a good experience.

If you want to not reinvent the wheel, but create a better wheel, ok. But the fact is that the only advantages of kepubify, if I understood well, is that is faster and "less intrusive". About speed, as I said, you can simply use cProfile and optimize the bottlenecks. About being intrusive, this is controversial, but anyway you can add options to Calibre and/or to disable DOM reparsing. So sorry, but I think the actual abilities of geek11 are wasted, while he could contribute to improve KoboTouchExtended.

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 09-19-2019 at 07:41 PM.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:53 PM   #32
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Two posts have been deleted. Members are reminded that they're specifically not to call others trolls. As for the rest, rein it in and keep it civil. Things have rather gone off the rails.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2019, 11:13 PM   #33
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by genoasalami View Post
Thanks. This part seemed on point. Based on that, I will continue to use KePub Output which does appear to be maintained currently, right?
If you find bugs, they will be fixed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote