Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-27-2015, 04:22 AM   #1
Skyfall
Skyfall began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
KoboReader.Sqlite help (stats lost)

Hi,this is my first message and i hope it's the right place to ask.
Yesterday i lost my reading life stats (hours and books read). I had 233 hours and 22 books and now i have 134 hours and 10.
I know that this info are kept in the file KoboReader.Sqlite
I tried to open the file,looking for the parameter that have these settings but i didn't find them.

So i was asking
1) Does Anyone can upload for me his KoboReader.sqlite file if has similiar stats with mine ? (233 hours and 22 books)
2) Is there a way to edit the file ? I don't want to "cheat",just restore my real stats.

Thanks Sorry for my bad english.
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:21 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Sorry, neither of those is practical. The KoboReader.sqlite file is a database. It contains the details of all the books on your device and is used for all the functions that show details of the book on the device. So, if I gave you a copy of my database, it would have the details of all my books in it. When you replaced yours, the device would see that the books on the device didn't match those in the database and process all of your books. This would include removing the details of my books.

After this, the reading status, bookmarks and the collections your books were in would be lost. And you would still have my collections, just with no books in them. To me, these things are a lot more important than the stats.

I'm not sure what the state the stats would be in. The stats are stored in a table in the database called "Events". Well, it actually stores events that happen, but this includes an event for each time you finish a book. And one of the events records the time spent reading a book. When my books are deleted from the database, some of the events are removed. I haven't looked at this enough to know whether the events needed for the stats are left in the database or not.

The second option is to create the stats. This would be done by creating events in the Events table. That is easy. Or it would be if I know how to create the data needed. I know which event records finishing a book, EventType=5. But, I don't know how to create all the data in it. There are two columns, in the table that I don't know how to populate. And I have tried a couple of things, and it didn't work.

There has been some discussion on this over the last couple of years. So far, I haven't heard of anyone having any luck with doing this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2015, 06:55 AM   #3
Skyfall

Thanks a lot for the exhaustive answer. So,basically,if i understand right,there is not a easy and practical solution to put this reading hours and books back in the sqlite.
Well,thanks again anyway. Next time i'll do more frequent backups of this .sqlite . Lesson learned
Old 03-27-2015, 07:06 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Thanks a lot for the exhaustive answer. So,basically,if i understand right,there is not a easy and practical solution to put this reading hours and books back in the sqlite.
Yes.
Quote:
Well,thanks again anyway. Next time i'll do more frequent backups of this .sqlite . Lesson learned
If you are a calibre user, get my Kobo Utilities plugin and you can automate the backup.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 10:25 AM   #5
Skyfall

Sorry,another question regardin the damn .sqlite

I found a previous backup (134 hours and 10 books). I put it into my kobo and they are displayed right. Problem is that as i put the file in the Kobo,i loose the books in my library... Any hint ? I know that if i delete the .sqlite and make a factory reset it works smooth ,but i want to use my backup,not a new db with 0 hours and 0 books
Advert
Old 03-28-2015, 11:54 AM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
If you can live with 0 hours and N books, you can open each "finished" book, go to the last page and then page forward, this will close the book and mark it as finished in the stats. (You can mark the book as finished with a long press in the library, or with the calibre plugin, but at least in some firmware versions this does not affect the stats.) It may be possible to artificially increase the hours by leaving a book open for a few days (turn off auto-shutdown) and then closing it.

Last edited by Jellby; 03-29-2015 at 08:41 AM.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 05:21 AM   #7
Skyfall

Thanks Jellby. Your "trick" of put books as read worked and this is a step forward. But leaving a book open with shutdown off didn't work and this is curious: maybe you have to manually flip the page during the day and this would be impossible. I'll give it another try today. Thanks again for support