Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-08-2015, 04:50 PM   #1
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
How do I set sort title based on the title with multiple books?

Hi

I never use sort title and sort author stuff, I am happy with the standard title and the author. Iwould like to set all the sort related fields based on the actual corresponding fields on many books. How do I do it?

thanks
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 05:55 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by loviedovie View Post
Hi

I never use sort title and sort author stuff, I am happy with the standard title and the author. Iwould like to set all the sort related fields based on the actual corresponding fields on many books. How do I do it?

thanks
@loviedovie - I suggest you back up your library and settings first - see How do I backup calibre?

You need to do some tweaking, see Preferences->Tweaks->Control sorting of titles and series in the library display and Prefs->Tweaks->Author sort name algorithm

You can reset author-sort in Manage Authors, right click an author name in Tag Browser sidebar and select Manage Authors. That will throw up a list of authors, there's a button that will Recalculate all the Author sort values click and press OK.

You can reset all the titles by first ensuring there's active no search or Virtual Library, then select all books (press ctrl/A) in Book list, then start the Edit Metadata (press 'E') in bulk edit mode. There's a check box Update title sort in the Basic metadata tab, check that and then press OK

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-08-2015 at 05:59 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2015, 03:08 PM   #3
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
@BetterRed thanks for the help

These solutions work for me.
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote