Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-05-2014, 11:33 AM   #1
LaLaLia
LaLaLia began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch - Kobo Glo - Kobo Aura H2O - MEO Tablet 2
Exclamation koboreader.sqlite File

First of all, I'm a bit technologically impaired so if you wish to help me then please be patient and use smaller words (also because English is not my first language). I do catch up on things fast though...

I wanted to change a few things on my Glo but I can't find my koboreader.sqlite file anywhere.
All my ebooks are side-loaded from Calibre and I'm not sure if it somehow has something to do with it. I also keep all my ebooks on an SD card.

Do I need to restart my Glo in order to get a new koboreader.sqlite file?
I hope not because it would take too much time loading all the books from the SD card again... Plus, it has a tendency to crash :/

Thank you in advance!
LaLaLia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 02:10 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLia View Post
First of all, I'm a bit technologically impaired so if you wish to help me then please be patient and use smaller words (also because English is not my first language). I do catch up on things fast though...

I wanted to change a few things on my Glo but I can't find my koboreader.sqlite file anywhere.
All my ebooks are side-loaded from Calibre and I'm not sure if it somehow has something to do with it. I also keep all my ebooks on an SD card.

Do I need to restart my Glo in order to get a new koboreader.sqlite file?
I hope not because it would take too much time loading all the books from the SD card again... Plus, it has a tendency to crash :/
The KoboReader.sqlite file lives in the .kobo directory in the root of the internal storage. If you are using a Mac or Linux computer, the . in front of the .kobo directory makes it a hidden directory.

That out of the way, what changes are you planning on making that would require modifying KoboReader.sqlite? About the only modification I've read of that some people have done is skipping the registration requirement by stuffing a dummy user into the database.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2014, 03:47 PM   #3
LaLaLia
LaLaLia began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch - Kobo Glo - Kobo Aura H2O - MEO Tablet 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The KoboReader.sqlite file lives in the .kobo directory in the root of the internal storage. If you are using a Mac or Linux computer, the . in front of the .kobo directory makes it a hidden directory.

That out of the way, what changes are you planning on making that would require modifying KoboReader.sqlite? About the only modification I've read of that some people have done is skipping the registration requirement by stuffing a dummy user into the database.
Oh wait. Perhaps what I'm looking for is the .kobo directory and not the KoboReader.sqlite file after all.
Well, for instance, I was going to attempt this https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=234789
The tiled home screen always bothered me. I used to have a Kobo Touch and I liked its home screen better.

Yes, I'm using a Mac. Now, how can I find the hidden directory?

EDIT
Found it!
Now let's see if I don't make things worse :3

Last edited by LaLaLia; 10-05-2014 at 04:12 PM.
LaLaLia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:05 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLia View Post
Oh wait. Perhaps what I'm looking for is the .kobo directory and not the KoboReader.sqlite file after all.
Well, for instance, I was going to attempt this https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=234789
The tiled home screen always bothered me. I used to have a Kobo Touch and I liked its home screen better.

Yes, I'm using a Mac. Now, how can I find the hidden directory?

EDIT
Found it!
Now let's see if I don't make things worse :3
Ah, makes more sense that you are editing the Kobo eReader.conf file. Personally I prefer the tiled screen rather than the carousel but would be nice to have the choice.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote