Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-25-2022, 09:10 AM   #1
icedub
icedub began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question Sync Kindle Highlights Back to Calibre?

Hello! I'm a longtime Calibre user, and I primarily use it to sideload eBooks onto my Kindle Paperwhite. I make lots of highlights in these books while reading, and I'd love to be able to sync these highlights back to Calibre. Ideally, they would show up when I view the same eBook back in Calibre. Is this possible?
icedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 10:16 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
My (older) K4 crams all the annotations into a single Clippings.txt. I assume the newer models work the same. Kindles use a 'loc' to place the note.

My Kobo does something way different (both anchor and how stored).

I agree it would be wonderful if there was a universal converter so I could mark a (in my case) error, then open the Editor in Calibre and enter the Kindle 'loc' in the GoTo (Kindle Loc) ... and jump to where the correction was needed.

But sadly, all you do is get to store the note (model specific) at best.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
highlights, kindle, sync