Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 06-26-2006, 04:54 PM   #16
Vash
Vash began at the beginning.

Device: Dell axim x30
If I can get a bit more information I think I'm prepared to buy one as well. Right now I'm using a ebookwise device, and while good its not the cats pajamas, not only that upon conversion you loose alot of stuff that html formatting can give ( besides that, my wife wants it and I'm ichin for eink love), I'm willin to put down my hard earned dough if it can do that magic, text and html are all I read so as long as the formatting keeps there I'm golden.

Vash
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:28 PM   #17
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Hey Vash!

Contact LVD or TaKir by PM if you need more information. They actually have devices in their hands and can answer all questions.

At the moment the Software is still a bit unfinished but formatting for .txt and HTMl is definatley improving as you can see from the shots TaKir took for me.
LVd told me that he'd know more and maybe be able to start selling arond July 10th if I understood him correctly.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:33 PM   #18
Vash

Yeah, I've already sent a PM to LVD was hoping one of of em would see this message and respond, might answer some questions for other folk too

Vash
Old 07-01-2006, 04:41 PM   #19
LVD
Connoisseur
LVD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.LVD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.LVD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

We have begun sales V8 for testing. If problems will be a little we are ready to begin in August sales V8 in the Europe and America.
LVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:17 PM   #20
Vash

Any word on how things are comming LVD?

Vash
Old 07-11-2006, 08:14 PM   #21
AndrewLB
Senior Wrangler
AndrewLB began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3GS, want Kindle 3
I read somewhere on this forum that you can't save the notes you make in the V8, is this true?
I always figured that one of the primary uses of the e-reader devices would be note taking (God knows, my copy of the history of the peloponnesian war has at least 200 notes in it), so this seems like a pretty major oversight.
Anyone know if this'll be missing in the V2 as well? (I've actually sent a message to the fine folks at Hanlin asking a similar, albeit much more detailed question, if I get an answer I'll post it.)

Edit:
Quote:
Dear Andrew,
Thank you for your message.
Now the V2 only has the simple note-taking function. For the function you mentioned will be realized in our future product.
Thank you again for your interest in our product.

Best Regards,

Mei Yan
Well, looks like my dreams of the Hanlin ebook have been dashed.
I think I'll wait and see how the reception for the Iliad is, and if the note taking feature in particular is recieved positively, then I may make that horribly costly investment.

Last edited by AndrewLB; 07-12-2006 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Adding Hanlin response
AndrewLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:43 PM   #22
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
The note taking feature will not be functional in iLiad's until a later software upgrade I believe.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:26 PM   #23
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
The quickstart guide I received desribes this feature...I'll try to find out tomorrow...but be forewarned...i'll have to load the battery before I can do a lot of testing...^^
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 09:27 AM   #24
bshort
Enthusiast
bshort began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Treo 700p
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD
We have begun sales V8 for testing. If problems will be a little we are ready to begin in August sales V8 in the Europe and America.
LVD,

How is the testing going? Any chance some of us Mobilereaders could get one of these test models?

Thanks,
-Brian
bshort is offline   Reply With Quote