Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-01-2021, 03:21 AM   #16
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB Era, PB InkPad 3 Pro
Yep, that looks like another MacOS oddity. I don't think anyone else has tested the plugin on MacOS so far. I'll see if I can get this bug fixed.

EDIT: Is your operating system running in English or in some other language?

Last edited by Leseratte_10; 10-01-2021 at 03:24 AM.
Leseratte_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 04:50 AM   #17
Sarmat89
Evangelist
Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
In the default US MacOS, the Python locale setting is (None, 'UTF-8').

Either change the LC_CTYPE locale setting, or wait for the author to fix their plugin.
Sarmat89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2021, 04:55 AM   #18
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, that seems to be the issue according to a quick Google search, that's why I asked for the language. I'll update the plugin to fallback to "en_US" if the locale value is empty.
Old 10-01-2021, 08:44 AM   #19
Leseratte_10
Groupie

Just uploaded v0.0.7 which hopefully fixes that MacOS locale issue.
Also, it should fix some bug where some ACSM files couldn't be converted into PDFs, and adds some more debug logging if that happens again.
Old 10-01-2021, 01:10 PM   #20
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leseratte_10 View Post
Just uploaded v0.0.7 which hopefully fixes that MacOS locale issue ...
Excellent! That did the trick. Thank you for your speedy fix (speedier than my ability to answer your initial question, which is yes, English).

Great plugin

Last edited by odamizu; 10-02-2021 at 04:10 PM.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2021, 05:19 PM   #21
archaeopteryx
archaeopteryx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
When I try to add ACSM files, they don't show up in the Add Books dialog unless I change the type of file to look for from "Books" to "All files".

The same thing happens with automatic adding: The ACSM files are not detected and added unless I enable "Automatically add files of all types (not just e-books)" in the Calibre preferences under Adding Books > Automatic adding.

Is there a way I can tell Calibre that ACSM files should be considered book files for the purposes above?

I also ran into a bug when I did the automatic add:

While both the automatic and manual additions successfully downloaded, un-DRMed, and added the EPUB file, the metadata for the automatically added book was not set: the title was the name of the ACSM file, the author was "Unknown," and everything else was blank.

The same thing happened when I tested automatically adding an ACSM from a different source and did not happen when I added a third manually.
archaeopteryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 02:53 AM   #22
Leseratte_10
Groupie

As for the auto-add file type issues, Calibre doesn't seem to offer a plugin API to extend the book file type extension list, but I just found a hack / workaround that allows my plugin to tell Calibre to consider ACSM a book. Not sure how reliable this will work with future Calibre versions since it's not a stable API, but it's better than nothing.

This will both fix the issue in the "Add File" dialog (having to select a different filter) and will also mean that the "Allow any file type" auto-add setting is no longer needed. This fix will be included in the next plugin update.

As for the metadata issue, I just tested that as well and had the same thing happen, but there's not much I can do about that from within my plugin. I can't see anything unusual in the logs of my plugin, so I have just opened a Calibre bug report for this. The bug has been fixed now, so the next release of Calibre (5.29) should work properly with auto-adding.

EDIT: v0.0.8 is now available which fixes the Add File dialog, and no longer requires the "Add all file types" auto-add setting. The metadata issue is still present, though, that will need to be fixed in Calibre.

Last edited by Leseratte_10; 10-05-2021 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Calibre bug fixed
Old 10-03-2021, 04:57 AM   #23
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Great plugin. So I no longer have to go to Windows to handle ACSM files.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 09:54 AM   #24
Leseratte_10
Groupie

Just updated the plugin to v0.0.9, this adds two additional features - "FulfillmentNotification" and "LoanReturn".

"FulfillmentNotification" is a request that ADE sends after you've successfully downloaded an eBook to let the Adobe server (and the server of the book distributor) know that the book has successfully been downloaded. This is not strictly necessary for the plugin to work (as, well, it's sent after you've already got the book), but it brings the behaviour of this plugin closer to the behaviour of ADE, so that should make it less likely that Adobe will detect and block this plugin.
If you do not want to send these fulfillment notifications, they can be disabled in the plugin settings. Though that will prevent loan returns (see below) from working.

"LoanReturn" is a request that ADE sends when you return a loaned book to the library. When you download an EPUB or PDF from a library using v0.0.9 or newer of this plugin, it will create a loan record in the plugin settings. In the plugin settings there's a new button "Show loaned books", which will show you a list of all books you got from a library (only where the loan period isn't over yet), and allows you to "return" the books to the library, just like the "return book" option in ADE would, so another person can get the book from the library.
Note that this does not remove the book file from Calibre - if you do not want to keep the returned book file you'll need to delete that yourself.

Additional note: If you're combining this plugin with DeDRM, there's nothing stopping you from immediately returning every book after the download so you can theoretically download infinitely many books from a library. I'd suggest not doing that, as Adobe (and your library) will know for how long you had each eBook, and I don't think that they'd like stuff like that.

Last edited by Leseratte_10; 10-04-2021 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-04-2021, 10:34 AM   #25
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Additional note: If you're combining this plugin with DeDRM, there's nothing stopping you from immediately returning every book after the download so you can theoretically download infinitely many books from a library. I'd suggest not doing that, as Adobe (and your library) will know for how long you had each eBook, and I don't think that they'd like stuff like that.
It wouldn't be the first time that somebody is blocked due to a very fast return of the book.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 10:40 AM   #26
Leseratte_10
Groupie

I mean, immediately returning a book once is probably fine. After all, you might have accidentally loaned the wrong book, so there are some legitimate use cases for an immediate return. You just shouldn't do that with every book, as that will look very suspicious.
Old 10-06-2021, 05:40 PM   #27
ztransform
ztransform began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Exclamation

Hi Leseratte_10! Thank you about your effort and sorry for my english.

i read all this thread and i jus can't evaluate to to transform my ACSM file to PDF. Could you or friends here help me? Im a newbie and probably i miss somethig known. Let me me step by step.

1- Down and install Calibre 5.28 64 bit.
2- Down and add the DeACSM 0.0.09.zip from GitHub.
3- Added the plug in. Logged in with Adobe acc, autorization was confirmed.
4- Back up all my stuff, as you said.
5- Click on Add Books (green book icon with +), chose my .acsm file
6- Calibre load into the detailed window, but not Downloaded the "pdf". i can't read the book.

If i try read or convert , returns me an error.

I fell i lost something, maybe my dignity

Newbie question, the file, when generated by the store, can be linked to my login email from this store? Or not? I created a neu log in o adobe to prevent lost account.

What did i miss, people?

I appretiate a lot the comunity dedication, thank you for all!
ztransform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 12:27 AM   #28
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztransform View Post
5- Click on Add Books (green book icon with +), chose my .acsm file
6- Calibre load into the detailed window, but not Downloaded the "pdf". i can't read the book.

Does calibre show a PDF file has been added? If so, you might want to ask on Apprentice Harper's site since I seem to remember that there are still some issues with removing DRM from some PDF files.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 12:27 PM   #29
Leseratte_10
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztransform View Post
Which error? If it did download the book and is just complaining about DRM, you'll need to patch the DeDRM plugin. Check out PR #1689 as mentioned in the first post.

If it didn't even download the book and is still opening the ACSM, send me a debug log from Calibre (while importing the ACSM file) please.

Last edited by Leseratte_10; 10-07-2021 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-07-2021, 10:16 PM   #30
ztransform
ztransform began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Which error? If it did download the book and is just complaining about DRM, you'll need to patch the DeDRM plugin. Check out PR #1689 as mentioned in the first post.

If it didn't even download the book and is still opening the ACSM, send me a debug log from Calibre (while importing the ACSM file) please.
Hi, thanks for your reply. See the debug, attatched. Hope did this correctly. if not, let me know
Attached Files
File Type: txt debugfile.txt (22.0 KB, 282 views)
ztransform is offline   Reply With Quote