Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-18-2020, 11:04 AM   #16
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyzz View Post
Checkout the latest version(v1.4.0), it supports KFX, AZW3 and MOBI. You will need jhowell's KFX Input plugin for KFX books.

A huge thanks to jhowell!
Wow, that was fast! Glad you were able to make use of it.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 08:46 AM   #17
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
KFX woes

Quote:
Checkout the latest version(v1.4.0), it supports KFX, AZW3 and MOBI. You will need jhowell's KFX Input plugin for KFX books.

A huge thanks to jhowell!
Firstly, thanks for this plugin @xxyzz.

For this book, worked well on the AZW3 format:
Click image for larger version

Name:	AZW3 screenshot_2020_11_19T08_12_45-0500.png
Views:	657
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	183470

But after deleting from the device the AZW3 and its sdr folder, I converted to KFX with erratic behaviour:

Name:	KFX screenshot_2020_11_19T08_22_06-0500.png
Views:	776
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	183471
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2020, 08:59 AM   #18
xxyzz
Evangelist
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
v1.5.0:

- generate correct format ASIN
- remove duplicate lemmas
- add more lemmas
xxyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:01 AM   #19
xxyzz
Evangelist
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
Firstly, thanks for this plugin @xxyzz.
But after deleting from the device the AZW3 and its sdr folder, I converted to KFX with erratic behaviour:
Attachment 183471
Remove your azw3 book from calibre library and try again. I guess it uses the azw3 book to generate word wise file but I'm not sure.

Was the book sent to device by the plugin or you select kfx format then send manually? If you send manually then delete azw3 and try again will solve the problem. Otherwise maybe it's a bug.

Last edited by xxyzz; 11-19-2020 at 09:22 AM.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:29 AM   #20
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Remove your azw3 book from calibre library and try again. I guess it uses the azw3 book to generate word wise file but I'm not sure.

Was the book sent to device by the plugin or you select kfx format then send manually? If you send manually then delete azw3 and try again will solve the problem. Otherwise maybe it's a bug.
If none of that helps then it is likely that the word/definition mismatch is caused by a problem with the position information provided by the KFX Input plugin. If that is the case I would need a copy of the KFX file that produces the problem in order to investigate. (PM me a link if the book is under copyright.)
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2020, 12:39 PM   #21
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Done, and fixed the problem Thanks.

Name:	screenshot_2020_11_19T12_31_43-0500.png
Views:	539
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	183475

Quote:
Was sent manually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
If none of that helps then it is likely that the word/definition mismatch is caused by a problem with the position information provided by the KFX Input plugin. If that is the case I would need a copy of the KFX file that produces the problem in order to investigate. (PM me a link if the book is under copyright.)
Won't be necessary, thanks for the offer.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 05:49 PM   #22
replicant
replicant began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 4
thx a lot for creating this plugin!

i'm using it on kfx files and wondering if there's a way to keep the amazon's asin in the books . i like the goodreads integration but i couldnt find a way to make it work with the asin generated by the plugin, i renamed the .kll file and put the amazon's asin instead of the one generated by the plugin but once the wifi is on the .kll file is replaced by the amazon's.

it would be nice to keep the books from downloading xray and wordwise automatically, but i dont know if thats possible. any help is welcome
replicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 03:37 AM   #23
xxyzz
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant View Post
it would be nice to keep the books from downloading xray and wordwise automatically, but i dont know if thats possible. any help is welcome
You can right click the book, select "Edit metadata" -> "Edit metadata individually" then add(or replace the old one) "mobi-asin:Bxxxxxxx" to "ids".

If the book sold by amazon supports x-ray, I guess it will download x-ray file but certainly won't download word wise file. Your kindle is downloading files because you deleted(rename) them and the random asin created by the plugin happens to be another book's asin.

I don't know how to prevent kindle from download x-ray files for books have valid asin. You can simply ignore them as they are not working anyway.

Last edited by xxyzz; 12-02-2020 at 03:45 AM.
Old 12-07-2020, 10:39 PM   #24
xxyzz
Evangelist

v1.6.0

only match words have at least three characters(run faster)
lemmatize words(add more words to word wise file)
Old 12-10-2020, 11:07 PM   #25
cat0705
cat0705 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1
Sorry, I don't know where I get it wrong. Basically, I just do as instructed: add azw3 to calibre, use the plugin and it automatically sent the ebook and word wise file to my kindle. However when I open it on kindle, the word wise does not appear even the .kll file is already on kindle. Do I miss any step?

P/s: I use calibre on Linux, and my kindle is Oasis 1 btw
cat0705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 03:05 AM   #26
xxyzz
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat0705 View Post
Sorry, I don't know where I get it wrong. Basically, I just do as instructed: add azw3 to calibre, use the plugin and it automatically sent the ebook and word wise file to my kindle. However when I open it on kindle, the word wise does not appear even the .kll file is already on kindle. Do I miss any step?
I guess your device doesn't have the dictionary file(kll.en.en.klld) at "/system/kll/". You need to connect your Kindle to WiFi and wait for the download to complete.
Old 12-11-2020, 04:41 AM   #27
xxyzz
Evangelist

v1.6.1
remove lemmatize button from config window
extract zip file in job thread to avoid blocking calibre main thread
add 454 lemmas
Old 12-11-2020, 10:00 AM   #28
cat0705

Quote:
I guess your device doesn't have the dictionary file(kll.en.en.klld) at "/system/kll/". You need to connect your Kindle to WiFi and wait for the download to complete.
I check and it has dictionary file already. The generated .kll of the ebook also got value so I guess it must be something that makes the kindle not realize that it has word wise file already?
Old 12-11-2020, 10:15 AM   #29
cat0705

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat0705 View Post
I check and it has dictionary file already. The generated .kll of the ebook also got value so I guess it must be something that makes the kindle not realize that it has word wise file already?
A very interesting thing is that when I use another script (wisecreator to be specific) to generate the .kll file and copy it to kindle it works perfectly (.kll got same name with the one created by plugin btw). It's a pity wisecreator only support mobi while I can't give up the bold setting of azw3 yet.
Old 12-11-2020, 12:40 PM   #30
cat0705

I suddenly know how to fix this. Just download the Quality check plugin and choose Fix ASIN for Kindle Fire before using the plugin. Everything works well. Thank @xxyzz for such a great plugin

P/s: Maybe the reason is because I convert the ebook from another format to azw3 before using the plugin...

Tags
worddumb, x-ray