Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-24-2020, 04:32 PM   #46
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Do we need to uninstall 1.3.0 before installing 1.4.0? If so, how is that done, since Power Search doesn't show up in my list of installed plugins?
Preferences > Plugins > Load plugin from file. I didn't have to uninstall the old version first.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 04:49 PM   #47
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Preferences > Plugins > Load plugin from file. I didn't have to uninstall the old version first.
Indeed. I did know how to install it, as evidenced by the fact that I already had. It was the uninstall I was asking about. Thanks
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2020, 05:03 PM   #48
mapozyan
Connoisseur
mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: android
Quote:
Do we need to uninstall 1.3.0 before installing 1.4.0? If so, how is that done, since Power Search doesn't show up in my list of installed plugins?
No, you don't need to uninstall 1.3.0.

In my system, if I check "Show only user installed plugins" in plugins dialog I can see Power Search plugin. Is it different in your case?
mapozyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 05:17 PM   #49
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapozyan View Post
No, you don't need to uninstall 1.3.0.

In my system, if I check "Show only user installed plugins" in plugins dialog I can see Power Search plugin. Is it different in your case?
Yes. It is installed, but does not show up.
Old 08-24-2020, 08:14 PM   #50
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Yes. It is installed, but does not show up.
Did you search for it, or looked alphabetically? I'm asking because the name registered is 'Calibre Power Search Plugin'. Maybe you were looking for 'Power Search'.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2020, 08:14 PM   #51
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Installing 1.4.0 resulted in Power Search showing up in my list of plugins, so yay. Another newbie question here, related more to ElasticSearch: How do I make sure this is always running prior to invoking Power Search?
Old 08-24-2020, 08:43 PM   #52
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I used the MSI installer, which has the option to install it as a service: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elas...t/windows.html

In the Configuration section I also suggest lowering the amount of memory the JVM uses. It's set to 2GB by default which is quite a bit more than Power Search needs. I set it to 500 MB myself.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 08-24-2020 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-24-2020, 08:51 PM   #53
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
I used the MSI installer, which has the option to install it as a service: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elas...t/windows.html

In the Configuration section I also suggest lowering the amount of memory the JVM uses. It's set to 2GB by default which is quite a bit more than Power Search needs. I set it to 500 MB myself.

Thanks! That's very helpful, it will save me having to navigate to the ElasticSearch directory and run the .bat every time
Old 08-25-2020, 07:20 AM   #54
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Very good! I didn't noticed this when I first installed it. I reinstalled it as a service and it is far more convenient.

P.S.: After installation, I opened localhost:9200 on my browser to test if it worked. Surprisingly, it was now asking for username/password. So, I went to %programdata%\Elastic\Elasticsearch\config and edited the elasticsearch.yml file: just changed xpack.security.enabled value to false. After rebooting it worked as expected now.
Old 08-25-2020, 07:34 AM   #55
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
Very good! I didn't noticed this when I first installed it. I reinstalled it as a service and it is far more convenient.

P.S.: After installation, I opened localhost:9200 on my browser to test if it worked. Surprisingly, it was now asking for username/password. So, I went to %programdata%\Elastic\Elasticsearch\config and edited the elasticsearch.yml file: just changed xpack.security.enabled value to false. After rebooting it worked as expected now.
I just finished installing from the msi and checked the .yml you mentioned. It was already set to false, one less thing to worry about.
Old 08-25-2020, 08:19 AM   #56
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

From the "if it aint' broke, don't fix it" files:

After installing ElasticSearch as a service from the MSI, I tried Power Search. Nothing. Attached is a screenshot of the search for "Poirot", attempted after reinstalling 1.4.0 and rebooting my PC. No "details" progress bar came up, the Power Search window just sat with the cursor blinking next to the Search phrase for half an hour, in the "results" window - as can be seen "marked: true" Eventually, the cursor disappeared. Checking Task Manager while the Power Search cursor was blinking (assuming that was an indicator of some activity, it showed the ElasticSearch service running, but using only 0.9MB of memory. What have I done wrong THIS time?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	powersearch.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	181585  
Old 08-25-2020, 08:37 AM   #57
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
From the "if it aint' broke, don't fix it" files:

After installing ElasticSearch as a service from the MSI, I tried Power Search. Nothing. Attached is a screenshot of the search for "Poirot", attempted after reinstalling 1.4.0 and rebooting my PC. No "details" progress bar came up, the Power Search window just sat with the cursor blinking next to the Search phrase for half an hour, in the "results" window - as can be seen "marked: true" Eventually, the cursor disappeared. Checking Task Manager while the Power Search cursor was blinking (assuming that was an indicator of some activity, it showed the ElasticSearch service running, but using only 0.9MB of memory. What have I done wrong THIS time?
Just remove* the caps.json from %appdata%\Roaming\calibre\plugins, restart calibre and try again. It needs to reindex, since your changed ElasticSearch installation.

*You will need to configure the plugin again after that.
Old 08-25-2020, 08:51 AM   #58
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
Just remove* the caps.json from %appdata%\Roaming\calibre\plugins, restart calibre and try again. It needs to reindex, since your changed ElasticSearch installation.

*You will need to configure the plugin again after that.
Perfect, thank you! I figured it was something caused by the reinstallation of ElasticSearch by msi, but didn't know how to fix it. Much appreciated!
Old 08-28-2020, 10:21 PM   #59
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Another appreciated option would be a button to index (or re-index) new books without doing a search.
Old 08-28-2020, 10:46 PM   #60
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Another appreciated option would be a button to index (or re-index) new books without doing a search.