Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-15-2016, 03:06 PM   #61
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Hi Giuseppe, I'm afraid I cannot release a new version until the next calibre version is released.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 12:18 PM   #62
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie
Giuseppe Chillem doesn't litterGiuseppe Chillem doesn't litter

Device: IREX DR1000
I'll wait for your good work.
Giuseppe Chillem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2016, 03:48 AM   #63
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Release 0.0.7 => it stores correctly file path and admits dots in file name.
Old 12-26-2016, 01:04 PM   #64
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie
Giuseppe Chillem doesn't litterGiuseppe Chillem doesn't litter

Device: IREX DR1000
Running like hell to my calibre machine to try it !
Giuseppe Chillem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 03:02 PM   #65
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Would it be possible for this plugin to get the date of the eBook? That way, I can know how old it is even if I did not import to the Calibre library for some time.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2016, 04:50 PM   #66
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Which date? Last access? ctime (different depending on the computer OS as I'm reading)? I can try but I'm not so sure.
Old 12-26-2016, 04:53 PM   #67
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Forget about creation date. As I'm reading, I never will get a bullet proof case.
Old 12-26-2016, 05:28 PM   #68
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Which date? Last access? ctime (different depending on the computer OS as I'm reading)? I can try but I'm not so sure.
On Windows, it's called date modified.
Old 12-26-2016, 05:29 PM   #69
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Forget about creation date. As I'm reading, I never will get a bullet proof case.
I'm asking for date modified (as it's called in Windows). I would think OS X & Linux would have the same date.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:45 AM   #70
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Release 0.0.8 => it stores modified date for the file
Old 01-25-2017, 04:21 PM   #71
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hmmm - just discovered this plugin appears to have stopped working in December. The date/Date column values in the books where the file path is missing indicate that it stopped working when I installed version 0.0.7.

I don't normally display the column in the book list or the book details panel, if I want to see it (rarely) I use the 'press 'I'' variant of book details.

Shortly after installing version 0.0.8, I had occasion to press 'I' on a book I'd just added to check another column I don't display elsewhere. This is when I noticed the Original File Path column wasn't there. I might have noticed sooner if the press 'I' window had an option to display empty values, which I would set in a heartbeat.

Screen shots of column definition and plugin configuration are attached.

Aside : The inability to see empty values in the 'press I' variant of Book Details is akin to not being able to look in your wallet/purse/pocketbook if its empty.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	154489   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	154490  
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 04:39 PM   #72
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Have you checked the new version? Are those books Amazon books?
Old 01-25-2017, 05:58 PM   #73
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Have you checked the new version?
Yes, I first noticed it after installing 0.0.8, so I reinstalled 0.0.7 and it has the same problem, unfortunately my backup archive for calibre's config data doesn't extend as far back as 0.0.6.

This is the .json from yesterday (Jan 25) when I had 0.0.7 installed.

Code:
{  "opc_name": "path", 
  "nom_col": "#original_file_path", 
  "path_col": "", 
  "procesados": {
    "jfcsxp.epub": "C:\\_Calibre\\Temporary\\calibre_ezu6rp\\jfcsxp.epub"
  }, 
  "configured": true, 
  "ext_col": ""
}
This is the .json from today (Jan 26), after installing 0.0.8

Code:
{
  "nom_col": "", 
  "procesados": {}, 
  "configured": true, 
  "opc_name": "path", 
  "ext_col": "", 
  "path_col": "#original_file_path"
}
Quote:
Are those books Amazon books?
No I don't have any proprietary formats from the walled gardens.

The libraries where I use this PI contain public documents from public institutions, consultancies, think tanks etc, or material from media outlets - video's, podcasts, transcripts, blog posts etc. If it's not obvious from the content, the original file path can give me a clue as to the source. I also have it enabled on my _Test library.

Added : it's also not working in the calibre portable I use for testing plugins etc. I'll install a completely fresh portable and try 0.0.8 in it.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-25-2017 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Added
Old 01-25-2017, 08:02 PM   #74
BetterRed
null operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Added : it's also not working in the calibre portable I use for testing plugins etc. I'll install a completely fresh portable and try 0.0.8 in it.
Terisa de Morgan - I think its the 'Including Path' variant that's stopped working, if I select 'Without path' it works.

The path the book came from is what gives me a clue where something originated, the file name alone is of little use. So '...\Banking\ECB\Will US inflation awake from the dead.pdf' tells me it's from the Frankfurt branch of the Fed

BR
Old 01-25-2017, 10:49 PM   #75
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Ok, sorry, I'll try to fix it today or tomorrow... After finding the problem, of course....

Tags
calibredb, calibredb metadata import, plugin