Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-18-2015, 04:13 AM   #46
Mieeka
Mieeka began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone
Couple of things i want to be able to do - but cant seem to work out how

1) Add a Tag "oneshot" when the story is complete and only has 1 chapter.

2) prefix the Extra tags with the category (eg. time travel tag becomes Supernatural.Time Travel

3) populate the ratings based on the Kudos or reviews E.G ones with 1000 > reviews get 5 stars.

Are there any ways of going the above?
Mieeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:29 AM   #47
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depletion View Post
I'm glad to see the switch from FFDL to FFF went rather smoothly. Thanks for all the effort put into the move, and of course the plugin itself.
Thanks.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2015, 12:00 PM   #48
Montana Harper
Zealot
Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone 12, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Yes, actually. In personal.ini in the appropriate section add:

Code:
join_string_characters:\s&\s
Then instead of ', ' it will use ' & ' when joining the list.
Oooh, can I do that with the freeformtags from AO3? Would the syntax be the same (i.e., join_string_freeformtags)? And would it go under custom_columns_settings or just under the AO3 area in general?

Thanks!
Montana Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 12:03 PM   #49
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Can you make a custom column where it automatically adds the free-form tags?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 12:15 PM   #50
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Harper View Post
Oooh, can I do that with the freeformtags from AO3? Would the syntax be the same (i.e., join_string_freeformtags)? And would it go under custom_columns_settings or just under the AO3 area in general?
Yes.

In the [archiveofourown.org] section, not as part of custom_columns_settings.
Advert
Old 04-18-2015, 12:23 PM   #51
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

How do you create a custom column where only the freeformtags goes?
Old 04-18-2015, 01:10 PM   #52
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mieeka View Post
1) Add a Tag "oneshot" when the story is complete and only has 1 chapter.
This appears to work:
Code:
# defaults so is affects everything, but can be overridden by 
# more specific sections.
[defaults]

# 'add_to_' concats on to existing param, thus the leading comma
add_to_extra_valid_entries:,oneshot

# oneshot is a copy of status because status itself isn't a list.
include_in_oneshot:status

# add oneshot to the tags that are included in calibre.
add_to_include_subject_tags:,oneshot

# Change oneshot to ['Completed'] to ['Completed','Oneshot'] only when
# numChapters is exactly 1.
# with ',' instead of '\,' it would be ['Completed'] to 
# ['Completed,Oneshot']--one string instead of two.
add_to_replace_metadata:
 oneshot=>Completed=>Completed\,Oneshot&&numChapters=>^1$
(Personally, I keep a Chapters custom column.)

Quote:
2) prefix the Extra tags with the category (eg. time travel tag becomes Supernatural.Time Travel
I think you mean category, not 'extra' tags.

There's been discussion before about hierarchical tags--I don't really know any more about them now than I did then. (I will be adding the replace_metadata discussion from that to the project wiki, though.)

For category Supernatural specifically, you can do this:
Code:
add_to_replace_metadata:
 genre=>(.*)=>Supernatural.\1&&category=>Supernatural
I don't have a general solution for <category>.<genre>. Frankly, I don't see the need: do a calibre search for "tags:action and tags:supernatural" and you have the same effect as supernatural.action.

Maybe one of the other hierarchical tags have a better solution?

Quote:
3) populate the ratings based on the Kudos or reviews E.G ones with 1000 > reviews get 5 stars.
FanFicFare doesn't have any mechanism for populating Calibre's rating column. It would be quite complex because it would have to be configurable for everyone to choose their own break points between stars.

You can make a custom column, populate it with Kudos, reviews, etc and then use Calibre's various features change colors, add icons, etc based on those numbers.
Old 04-18-2015, 01:20 PM   #53
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Can you make a custom column where it automatically adds the free-form tags?
Quote:
How do you create a custom column where only the freeformtags goes?
Check the previous discussion here and replace ao3categories with freeformtags.
Old 04-18-2015, 02:40 PM   #54
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Thanks.

Why does it still say Angel: Angel: The Series in my Fandom Column, when I have this in my personal.ini?

Edit: Nevermind, I don't know what happened, but it's now fixed.

However, when I add fandoms with a & it doesn't replace the metadata with the one I asked for.

Like this:

Quote:
category=>Percy Jackson and the Olympians & Related Fandoms - All Media Types$=>Percy Jackson & The Olympians

Last edited by Tanjamuse; 04-18-2015 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:25 PM   #55
thatblondelady
Enthusiast
thatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheesethatblondelady can extract oil from cheese

Device: Calibre/iBooks/Kindle App
Quote:
Thanks.

Why does it still say Angel: Angel: The Series in my Fandom Column, when I have this in my personal.ini?

Edit: Nevermind, I don't know what happened, but it's now fixed.

However, when I add fandoms with a & it doesn't replace the metadata with the one I asked for.

Like this:
I think this function uses regex, which means you will need to escape the ampersand. Try putting a \ before the & and see if that helps.
thatblondelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 02:25 AM   #56
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I have tried with:

\&

\&\

&\

none of it works.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:05 AM   #57
Mieeka
Mieeka began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone
Thanks for the replies

Bit of a odd thing I've noticed.

When updating a Anthology and selecting the option "update if new chapters", it always tries to update even if there are no new chapters.

an Example is a anthology creating using the Web page option http://archiveofourown.org/series/29357

This has had no updates since 2014 yet wants be to overwrite the existing epubs.
Mieeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:24 AM   #58
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
When updating a Anthology and selecting the option "update if new chapters", it always tries to update even if there are no new chapters.

an Example is a anthology creating using the Web page option http://archiveofourown.org/series/29357

This has had no updates since 2014 yet wants be to overwrite the existing epubs.
It looks like it's working normally to me.

An anthology update is a bit different than single book updates. If you look at 'View Log' when it's finished, I bet it for each book it says something like 'reuse as is'.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:13 AM   #59
Tanjamuse
Wizard

When I add fandoms with a & it doesn't replace the metadata with the one I asked for.

Like this:

Quote:
category=>Percy Jackson and the Olympians & Related Fandoms - All Media Types=>Percy Jackson & The Olympians
I have already tried with \ in front of or behind the &.

What am I doing wrong?
Old 04-19-2015, 11:20 AM   #60
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Code:
 category=>Percy Jackson and the Olympians & Related Fandoms - All Media Types$=>Percy Jackson & The Olympians
This one I admit is rather obscure. The & is actually &amp; because of xhtml entities. The same thing happens with <(&lt;) >(&gt;).

So this works:
Code:
 category=>Percy Jackson and the Olympians &amp; Related Fandoms - All Media Types$=>Percy Jackson & The Olympians
But I suggest instead considering:

Code:
 category=>.*Percy Jackson.*Olympians.*=>Percy Jackson & The Olympians
That will catch everything that contains 'Percy Jackson' and 'Olympians' in that order without regard to what appear before, between or after those strings.

@thatblondelady: Good guess about the regex escaping, but & isn't a regex special character. They are: [\^$.|?*+()

I'm adding something to the wiki page about replace_metadata about this.

Tags
fanfiction