Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-16-2015, 03:05 PM   #31
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
This (bolded part):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
The following plugins should be removed from your system as they have been superseded by newer plugins above or other reasons listed. They are listed here both for your interest and for use by the Calibre Plugin Updater which will advise you to remove these if they are installed (and automatically uninstall them if you install their replacement).
Hence -- I addressed that to theducks.
If you are ready to pull the plug on FFDL, it can and probably should be automatically uninstalled when its successor is installed. The Uninstall flag will tell the updater to uninstall FFDL when FFF is installed. So long as settings are migrated from FFDL, it should be safe -- it probably isn't necessary to clean up the FFDL settings, because it is very tiny junk, but it certainly cannot hurt.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 04:50 PM   #32
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I did update FFF with the flag
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2015, 05:35 PM   #33
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Auto Uninstall of FFDL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I did update FFF with the flag
Okay, this is apparently some part of the plugin system I'm not familiar of.

I just installed FanFicFare on a portable install that already had FFDL installed and after restart, they are both still there.

So, does it need time to propagate, am I not understanding, or is something not set up right?
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 05:39 PM   #34
leckadams
Enthusiast
leckadams began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Keyboard
So I have installed FFF & uninstalled FFDL but when I go to up stories I get the following error.

Status
Title
Author
Comment
URL
Bad
Strange Scales
NemmaStar
zipimport: can not open file C:\Users\fdx\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\FanFi ctionDownLoader.zip
http://www.twcslibrary.net/viewstory.php?sid=10504

did I do something wrong?
leckadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 05:41 PM   #35
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leckadams View Post
So I have installed FFF & uninstalled FFDL but when I go to up stories I get the following error.
zipimport: can not open file C:\Users\fdx\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\FanFi ctionDownLoader.zip
http://www.twcslibrary.net/viewstory.php?sid=10504

did I do something wrong?
Did you remember to restart Calibre? That's my only idea.

(That story downloads fine for me.)
Advert
Old 04-16-2015, 05:50 PM   #36
leckadams
Enthusiast
leckadams began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Did you remember to restart Calibre? That's my only idea.

(That story downloads fine for me.)
I did...I'll keep messing around and see what happens.

Thanks
leckadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 06:13 PM   #37
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Okay, this is apparently some part of the plugin system I'm not familiar of.

I just installed FanFicFare on a portable install that already had FFDL installed and after restart, they are both still there.

So, does it need time to propagate, am I not understanding, or is something not set up right?
I use a comma
It needed a semicolon
Let us hope
Old 04-16-2015, 07:00 PM   #38
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I use a comma
It needed a semicolon
Let us hope
Still not auto uninstalling FFDL for me.

Speaking as someone who's project is all about page scraping, I suggest moving the Uninstall inside the italic tag and removing the trailing comma.

(Ah page scraping--how I both love and hate thee...)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	934
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	137362  
Old 04-16-2015, 07:22 PM   #39
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Best to follow the established format as explicitly as possible, yes.

But then again, it might simply need time to propagate. IIRC the index is scraped daily and the linked threads hourly. Clearly not, since the index at http://plugins.calibre-ebook.com just updated...

Last edited by eschwartz; 04-16-2015 at 07:44 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 07:23 PM   #40
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Comma gone, now inside 'I' tag

IMHO this (Index) page is now too big and easy to get wrong.

It was fine for a few dozen PI, but working inside a small (advanced) edit box is still too easy to lose the big picture.

Maybe some Wizard could make a PI index Admin (form) tool to do these standard Tasks, with all the standard fields and options:

New
Update : Release,donate,Uninstall...
Move (deprecate)
Old 04-17-2015, 05:04 AM   #41
Robin42069
Enthusiast
Robin42069 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
i see to get the same message as xgman. and its a new problem as in it wasnt there a day to two days ago. i also changed over to the fanficfare plugin recently. but it also happened to the last FanFictionDL plugin as well so im more than sure its not that

Last edited by Robin42069; 04-17-2015 at 05:07 AM.
Robin42069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:27 AM   #42
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin42069 View Post
i see to get the same message as xgman. and its a new problem as in it wasnt there a day to two days ago. i also changed over to the fanficfare plugin recently. but it also happened to the last FanFictionDL plugin as well so im more than sure its not that
JimmXinu fixed the noneType error that xgman reported in the test version that is in the second post of the thread. I have tested it with a couple of stories and they download without error. But, there are some formatting problems. I will have a look at them over the weekend and fix them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 03:17 PM   #43
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New test version posted in the second post of the thread.

Add site it-could-happen.net.

That's two new sites from those suggested by survey responses, BTW.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:14 PM   #44
Robin42069
Enthusiast
Robin42069 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
sorry about that i found the fix and everything for some reason i seemed to think you were on the first page of the thread so missed everything after that. sorry that was my fault
Robin42069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 01:54 AM   #45
Depletion
Pelican
Depletion began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 2013
I'm glad to see the switch from FFDL to FFF went rather smoothly. Thanks for all the effort put into the move, and of course the plugin itself.
Depletion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction