Notices

Old 05-16-2020, 05:34 PM   #61
DictatorAlly
Enthusiast
DictatorAlly began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Turn off your modem and go to sleep. When you wake, turn your modem back on.You should have a different IP. Then try it again. If it still doesn't work, maybe it's something to do with your ISP or what country you are in.
Thank you for the advise. It is not a residential connection though, it is a server connection and I have tested other IP's available from the server provider and they're blocked too. It's likely Kobo has the whole IP range blocked like 100.100.***.***.

I have solved it by routing the traffic through an IP which isn't blocked.
DictatorAlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 09:44 PM   #62
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DictatorAlly View Post
Thank you for the advise. It is not a residential connection though, it is a server connection and I have tested other IP's available from the server provider and they're blocked too. It's likely Kobo has the whole IP range blocked like 100.100.***.***.

I have solved it by routing the traffic through an IP which isn't blocked.
Out of curiosity, which country are you located in? Where I work, I have our corporate firewall configured to block IP blocks involved in DDOS/DOS attacks for 30 hours. Our ISP is a lot more enthused and will do lockouts up to 60 days (and longer for repeated attacks). So Kobo's ISP may have blocked your ISP's IP address blocks as known malicious blocks.

Using the Tor browser, I checked by changing my Tor circuit so I ended up using 26 different IPs in 16 countries and had no issues connecting to Kobo's site.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2020, 11:12 PM   #63
DictatorAlly
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Out of curiosity, which country are you located in? Where I work, I have our corporate firewall configured to block IP blocks involved in DDOS/DOS attacks for 30 hours. Our ISP is a lot more enthused and will do lockouts up to 60 days (and longer for repeated attacks). So Kobo's ISP may have blocked your ISP's IP address blocks as known malicious blocks.

Using the Tor browser, I checked by changing my Tor circuit so I ended up using 26 different IPs in 16 countries and had no issues connecting to Kobo's site.
It is a Hetzner server. They have server's located in Finland/Germany.

Quote:
It is very odd that it took me that many attempts to find one IP that would connect.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:23 AM   #64
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
It is a Hetzner server. They have server's located in Finland/Germany.
Interesting. I was having issues connecting to MobileRead around March 1, 2020. Even attempting to ping the site failed with 54% packet loss. Since the 138.201.168.226 IP address reported for MobileRead appears to belong to an address block shown as "138.201.0.0/16 - HETZNER-RZ-BLK-ERX4" and www.hetzner.com failed in the same fashion as MobileRead, I contacted Hetzner tech support and received a response that MobileRead is not registered at Hetzner nor does it use a Hetzner hosted IP address.

Quote:
It is very odd that it took me that many attempts to find one IP that would connect.
A bit strange. From my experience, it appeared that on March 1, there was a DDOS attack in progress. It's possible that another one occurred.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 03:27 AM   #65
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Hi sorry to bother you so much! There seem's to be an error related to matching with the ISBN - it is not working, the rest of the search works well.

Here are some examples:

Code:
Querying: https://www.kobo.com/en/search?Query...clanguages=all
No matches found with identifiers, retrying using only title and authors. Query: u'https://www.kobo.com/en/search?Query=9780062820716&fcmedia=Book&fclanguages=all

Querying: https://www.kobo.com/en/search?Query...clanguages=all
No matches found with identifiers, retrying using only title and authors. Query: u'https://www.kobo.com/en/search?Query=9780062416216&fcmedia=Book&fclanguages=all
I also tried with a new install:

Code:
Querying: https://www.kobo.com/search?Query=9780062416216&fcmedia=Book&fclanguages=all
No matches found with identifiers, retrying using only title and authors. Query: u'https://www.kobo.com/search?Query=9780062416216&fcmedia=Book&fclanguages=all'
The search is fuzzy and the results are affected by where Kobo thinks you are coming from. In some cases, it will show an exact match on ISBN. But, it can also display a different edition of the book that is available to you. Or none because there isn't a close match. It can be more accurate if the national URLs are used instead of the generic, but, that complicates the plugin without really solving the problem.

Did you have any other metadata? If you have the title or author, the search is much more likely to find something. For first of the above, I do get a result on just the ISBN, but, the book ("The Education of an Idealist" by Samantha Powers) is not the first match. And that edition has a different ISBN.

For the latter, I don't get a match. Searching on the site does find an exact match, "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho. There might be a redirect happening or I might not be handling single results properly. I'll have a look at that.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2020, 03:57 AM   #66
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That could be helpful.

Can I make some suggestions to changes to the Plugin?

I'd like two options to be added to the configuration page. Each option would be a blank text box, so that the user can define them how best suits - saving the need to create an exhaustive list.

One option would correspond to this " > "
Code:
if self.category_handling == 'hierarchy' and i > 0:
    tag = tag + " > " + raw
The point of using a dot is because that is how calibre works with tag hierarchy. I can think of any benefit for using any other character. I suspect you are trying to match with how Goodreads does it. And, I just don't see the point. Calibre has a well structured handling of tags, and you seem to be suggesting a change that will be inconsistent with other metadata sources.
Quote:
The next option would correspond to this "it"
Code:
SEARCH_PATH = '/it/search'
So that the user can add "it" or "it/it" or "us/it" whatever works for them.
Um, I think you want to allow localising the search to specific nations and languages. I have done this, and my testing didn't give any real advantage. And, if I remember rightly, caused as many issues as the current way of doing it.

And, I had to spend far to much time working out what you were suggesting. On my first read of the post I had no idea what you wanted for either option. If you had stated the purpose, not just described the code changes needed, it would have made a lot more sense. And, I'm still not sure if I am understood the requests properly.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:55 AM   #67
DictatorAlly
Enthusiast

Quote:
And, I had to spend far to much time working out what you were suggesting. On my first read of the post I had no idea what you wanted for either option. If you had stated the purpose, not just described the code changes needed, it would have made a lot more sense. And, I'm still not sure if I am understood the requests properly.
Noted, hopefully my explanations below will help you understand why without these changes the Kobo plugin doesn't work in my use case and why I requested them and that these changes do not effect any other users.

Quote:
Um, I think you want to allow localising the search to specific nations and languages. I have done this, and my testing didn't give any real advantage. And, if I remember rightly, caused as many issues as the current way of doing it.
Actually the current way of doing it already localises to the IP. I want to avoid this and make localising at least user configurable. Without the proposed change if you're making a request from say an Italian IP all your tag's will be in Italian. So it is a requirement if you're abroad and want English tags.

In my testing it works well if you apply the change to the STORE_DOMAIN variables. I understand that you may not want to support languages other than English(which the default already does..). Then I request that you add "/en" to each of the store domains, that would solve the issue of tags being returned in other language.

Quote:
The point of using a dot is because that is how calibre works with tag hierarchy. I can think of any benefit for using any other character. I suspect you are trying to match with how Goodreads does it. And, I just don't see the point. Calibre has a well structured handling of tags, and you seem to be suggesting a change that will be inconsistent with other metadata sources.
I am not suggesting a change to the default settings, I am requesting the end user be able to set up what suits their use case - without hacking at the code. I am using calibre-web to browse my library which doesn't support hierarchical tags. It list all tags on one page. This change makes the tags much more readable.

Here is an example of what it looks like: https://ibb.co/G5kWnmB

Note, I am actually not interested in using Goodreads tag's. I'd like to stick to one source and one categorisation. It is not a concern now but perhaps in the future, if I can figure out a way to map Goodreads tags to Kobo Books Categories I might do that.

I am not asking you to rethink your way of doing it, I am asking you to add in some user variables. Every set up is different and without these changes the Kobo plugin won't work for some people.

Thank you again.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:29 AM   #68
DictatorAlly
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The search is fuzzy and the results are affected by where Kobo thinks you are coming from. In some cases, it will show an exact match on ISBN. But, it can also display a different edition of the book that is available to you. Or none because there isn't a close match. It can be more accurate if the national URLs are used instead of the generic, but, that complicates the plugin without really solving the problem.
When a request is sent with the generic URL Kobo will redirect the plugin to the national URL based on IP. Change your IP to Italian and you will get Italian tags back. Allowing a user to define the URL is going to give the same results you're already receiving based on different IP's - what I am saying is allowing the user to choose their URL doesn't change the results the Kobo plugin already receives.

I think bast on your suggestions about different books being available the default Kobo Plugin URL should be www.kobo.com/ww/en / store.kobobooks.com/ww/en.

Quote:
Did you have any other metadata? If you have the title or author, the search is much more likely to find something. For first of the above, I do get a result on just the ISBN, but, the book ("The Education of an Idealist" by Samantha Powers) is not the first match. And that edition has a different ISBN.
https://www.kobo.com/en/search?Query...clanguages=all

When I open the URL I takes me directly to the correct book, and the ISBN used in the search is the same as the ISBN on the page. The Kobo plugin should of matched - there is something wrong here. Are you saying when you open this URL it doesn't take you to the same book as me? - https://ibb.co/dJkjXgs

Try this: Select only the Kobo plugin as a Metadata source. Match a book and change all the metadata to match. Remove the Kobo Identifier and now run the Metadata search again, it should match based on only ISBN? But this is not happening.

Quote:
For the latter, I don't get a match. Searching on the site does find an exact match, "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho. There might be a redirect happening or I might not be handling single results properly. I'll have a look at that.
Thank you, that the Kobo plugin can match with only an ISBN search first is one of my favourite things about it - it would be great to see it working.
Old 07-29-2020, 05:14 PM   #69
AndrewJB
AndrewJB began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
So I don't know if this is an issue with the plugin, of if it's just a general issue with Kobo's website, but when trying to download metadata for a few ebooks with this plugin enabled, it downloads metadata for the Portugese version of the book instead of the English version.

Download log from Calibre is below.
Spoiler:
Code:
Running identify query with parameters: 
{u'identifiers': {u'amazon': u'B00DN7BDF8', u'mobi-asin': u'B00DN7BDF8'}, u'authors': [u'Hiro Mashima'], u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Fairy Tail Vol. 17'} 
Using plugins: FictionDB (1, 2, 0), Amazon.com Multiple Countries (1, 0, 0), Fantastic Fiction (1, 3, 0), Goodreads (1, 4, 0), Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 15), Kobo Books (1, 8, 0), Google (1, 0, 1), Amazon.com (1, 2, 14) 
The log from individual plugins is below 

****************************** Kobo Books (1, 8, 0) ****************************** 
Found 5 results 
Downloading from Kobo Books took 3.33999991417 

--- 
Title               : Fairy Tail vol. 11
Author(s)           : Hiro Mashima
Publisher           : Editora JBC
Tags                : Comics & Graphic Novels, Manga, Fantasy
Series              : Fairy Tail #1
Languages           : Portuguese
Rating              : 0.5
Published           : 2018-01-10T05:00:00+00:00
Identifiers         : kobo:fairy-tail-vol-11-1, isbn:9788545705970
Comments            : <div class="synopsis-description" translate="no"><p>Jellal, um amigo de infância de Elza, reaparece diante da feiticeira para iniciar um elaborado jogo em que Natsu e seus amigos são as peças inimigas a serem eliminadas. As coisas esquentam e nem todo mundo está feliz com isso... Enquanto isso, Siegrain tenta convencer o Conselho de Magia a disparar uma poderosa magia contra a Torre do Paraíso. Fairy Tail vol. 11 está com tudo!</p>
</div> 

--- 
Title               : Fairy Tail vol. 17
Rating              : 
Published           : 2018-01-16T05:00:00+00:00
Identifiers         : kobo:fairy-tail-vol-17-1, isbn:9788545706038
Comments            : <div class="synopsis-description" translate="no"><p>Wendy foi sequestrada pela guilda Oración Seis! O inimigo pretende usar o poder da Sibila do Firmamento para descobrir o local exato do Nirvana. Enquanto isso, Elza foi envenenada e a única pessoa capaz de salvá-la é Wendy. Mas, caso não consigam resgatar a garota em tempo hábil, a vida da Titânia da Fairy Tail estará por um fio!</p>
</div> 

--- 
Title               : Fairy Tail vol. 59
Rating              : 
Published           : 2018-02-09T05:00:00+00:00
Identifiers         : kobo:fairy-tail-vol-59-1, isbn:9788545706748
Comments            : <div class="synopsis-description" translate="no"><p>Um suspiro de alívio na guerra desesperadora contra o exército de Zeref! Mavis que estava nas mãos do inimigo consegue fugir com a sua magia de ilusão e vai ao encontro dos companheiros. Na mesma hora, Lucy enfrenta Brandish, que deixou muito claro que não pode se aliar às forças da Fairy Tail e, como prova, desfaz a magia que havia aplicado no tumor de Natsu, obrigando uma luta mano a mano com Lucy! Como se não bastasse, Mary da Spriggan 12 espera logo atrás, e com Natsu fora de jogo, a batalha parece perdida! Porém, o que as duas inimigas não esperavam é que o tumor do Natsu fosse despertar o seu pior pesadelo…!</p>
</div> 

--- 
Title               : Fairy Tail vol. 43
Rating              : 
Identifiers         : kobo:fairy-tail-vol-43-1, isbn:9788545706427
Comments            : <div class="synopsis-description" translate="no"><p>As mãos demoníacas de Tartaros não se restringem apenas aos atuais membros do Conselho Mágico, mas se estendem para os ex-membros também! Para deter o pior, a Fairy Tail envia seus integrantes para defenderem os ex-membros, mas eles terão de enfrentar os demônios da Tartaros! O que eles usam são "ex-conjuros" que chegam a superar a "magia"! E são reveladas as intenções da Tartaros por trás de suas vilanias – obter a arma que está sob o domínio do Conselho, a Bomba de Pulso Mágica "Face", capaz de eliminar todo o poder mágico do continente!</p>
</div> 

--- 
Title               : Fairy Tail vol. 22
Rating              : 
Identifiers         : kobo:fairy-tail-vol-22-1, isbn:9788545706083
Comments            : <div class="synopsis-description" translate="no"><p>O rei de Edolas planeja extrair o poder dos Matadores de Dragões Natsu e Wendy para colocar em prática a Missão de Extermínio dos Anjos. O objetivo do exército real é usar essa energia acumulada para destruir a ilha flutuante de Extalia e roubar a magia dos exceed. Felizmente, alguns integrantes da Fairy Tail de Earthland chegaram para reforçar o time do bem!</p>
</div> 

identify - title: "Fairy Tail Vol. 17" authors= "[u'Hiro Mashima']"
create_query - title: "Fairy Tail Vol. 17"
create_query - after decode title: "Fairy Tail Vol. 17"
create_query - title_tokens: "[u'Fairy', u'Tail', u'Vol.', u'17']"
Querying: https://www.kobo.com/search?Query=Fairy+Tail+Vol.+17+Hiro+Mashima&fcmedia=Book&fclanguages=all
failed using three divs
Have close enough match - title='Fairy Tail vol. 17', id='fairy-tail-vol-17-1'
failed using three divs
Have close enough match - title='Fairy Tail vol. 11', id='fairy-tail-vol-11-1'
failed using three divs
Have close enough match - title='Fairy Tail vol. 59', id='fairy-tail-vol-59-1'
failed using three divs
Have close enough match - title='Fairy Tail vol. 43', id='fairy-tail-vol-43-1'
failed using three divs
Have close enough match - title='Fairy Tail vol. 22', id='fairy-tail-vol-22-1'
KoboBooks url: u'https://www.kobo.com/ebook/fairy-tail-vol-17-1'
KoboBooks url: u'https://www.kobo.com/ebook/fairy-tail-vol-11-1'
KoboBooks url: u'https://www.kobo.com/ebook/fairy-tail-vol-59-1'
KoboBooks url: u'https://www.kobo.com/ebook/fairy-tail-vol-43-1'
KoboBooks url: u'https://www.kobo.com/ebook/fairy-tail-vol-22-1'
parse_authors - author: "Hiro Mashima"
parse_authors - authors: "[u'Hiro Mashima']"
Script page_metadata= {u'brand': u'Editora JBC', u'sku': u'9788545706038', u'gtin13': u'9788545706038', u'name': u'Fairy Tail vol. 17', u'@context': u'http://schema.org', u'image': u'https://kbimages1-a.akamaihd.net/0fb2d8db-40f7-421b-8e17-8a8af91f00f3/180/1000/False/fairy-tail-vol-17-1.jpg', u'@type': u'Product', u'releasedate': u'2018-01-16T05:00:00', u'offers': {u'url': u'https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/fairy-tail-vol-17-1', u'price': 2.99, u'@type': u'Offer', u'availability': u'http://schema.org/InStock', u'priceCurrency': u'GBP'}, u'description': u'Read "Fairy Tail vol. 17" by Hiro Mashima available from Rakuten Kobo. Wendy foi sequestrada pela guilda Oraci\xf3n Seis! O inimigo pretende usar o poder da Sibila do Firmamento para descobrir o...'}
pubdate from JSON: 2018-01-16 05:00:00
parse_series - series_name=Fairy Tail, series_index=None
parse_rating - rating: "0"
parse_language - language: "Portuguese" 
Script page_metadata= {u'brand': u'Editora JBC', u'sku': u'9788545706427', u'gtin13': u'9788545706427', u'name': u'Fairy Tail vol. 43', u'@context': u'http://schema.org', u'image': u'https://kbimages1-a.akamaihd.net/6a024bb3-7d25-4603-a325-99b7c99730f9/180/1000/False/fairy-tail-vol-43-1.jpg', u'@type': u'Product', u'releasedate': u'2018-02-09T05:00:00', u'offers': {u'url': u'https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/fairy-tail-vol-43-1', u'price': 2.99, u'@type': u'Offer', u'availability': u'http://schema.org/InStock', u'priceCurrency': u'GBP'}, u'description': u'Read "Fairy Tail vol. 43" by Hiro Mashima available from Rakuten Kobo. As m\xe3os demon\xedacas de Tartaros n\xe3o se restringem apenas aos atuais membros do Conselho M\xe1gico, mas se estendem para os e...'}
pubdate from JSON: 2018-02-09 05:00:00
Script page_metadata= {u'brand': u'Editora JBC', u'sku': u'9788545705970', u'gtin13': u'9788545705970', u'name': u'Fairy Tail vol. 11', u'@context': u'http://schema.org', u'image': u'https://kbimages1-a.akamaihd.net/3e6d318e-1cd0-4706-911d-677a35f84b5e/180/1000/False/fairy-tail-vol-11-1.jpg', u'@type': u'Product', u'releasedate': u'2018-01-10T05:00:00', u'offers': {u'url': u'https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/fairy-tail-vol-11-1', u'price': 2.99, u'@type': u'Offer', u'availability': u'http://schema.org/InStock', u'priceCurrency': u'GBP'}, u'description': u'Read "Fairy Tail vol. 11" by Hiro Mashima available from Rakuten Kobo. Jellal, um amigo de inf\xe2ncia de Elza, reaparece diante da feiticeira para iniciar um elaborado jogo em que Natsu e seus ...'}
pubdate from JSON: 2018-01-10 05:00:00
parse_rating - rating: "1.0"
Script page_metadata= {u'brand': u'Editora JBC', u'sku': u'9788545706748', u'gtin13': u'9788545706748', u'name': u'Fairy Tail vol. 59', u'@context': u'http://schema.org', u'image': u'https://kbimages1-a.akamaihd.net/ebc17298-dd5a-4f6c-b87d-218bc0e03a69/180/1000/False/fairy-tail-vol-59-1.jpg', u'@type': u'Product', u'releasedate': u'2018-02-09T05:00:00', u'offers': {u'url': u'https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/fairy-tail-vol-59-1', u'price': 2.99, u'@type': u'Offer', u'availability': u'http://schema.org/InStock', u'priceCurrency': u'GBP'}, u'description': u'Read "Fairy Tail vol. 59" by Hiro Mashima available from Rakuten Kobo. Um suspiro de al\xedvio na guerra desesperadora contra o ex\xe9rcito de Zeref! Mavis que estava nas m\xe3os do inimigo consegue f...'}
Script page_metadata= {u'brand': u'Editora JBC', u'sku': u'9788545706083', u'gtin13': u'9788545706083', u'name': u'Fairy Tail vol. 22', u'@context': u'http://schema.org', u'image': u'https://kbimages1-a.akamaihd.net/38048a46-444c-4d56-ab05-28f392f3e439/180/1000/False/fairy-tail-vol-22-1.jpg', u'@type': u'Product', u'releasedate': u'2018-01-16T05:00:00', u'offers': {u'url': u'https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/fairy-tail-vol-22-1', u'price': 2.99, u'@type': u'Offer', u'availability': u'http://schema.org/InStock', u'priceCurrency': u'GBP'}, u'description': u'Read "Fairy Tail vol. 22" by Hiro Mashima available from Rakuten Kobo. O rei de Edolas planeja extrair o poder dos Matadores de Drag\xf5es Natsu e Wendy para colocar em pr\xe1tica a Miss\xe3o de Exter...'}

******************************************************************************** 

****************************** Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 15) ****************************** 
Found 1 results 
Downloading from Barnes & Noble took 2.86099982262 

--- 
Title               : Fairy Tail, Volume 17
Publisher           : Kodansha International
Published           : 2012-01-24T00:00:00+00:00
Identifiers         : barnesnoble:w/fairy-tail-volume-17-hiro-mashima/1102624097, isbn:9781612620541 
Querying: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s?store=book&keyword=Fairy+Tail+Vol.+17+Hiro+Mashima
match location: 'https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/fairy-tail-volume-17-hiro-mashima/1102624097?ean=9781612620541'
B&N url: 'https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/fairy-tail-volume-17-hiro-mashima/1102624097?ean=9781612620541'
Falling back to 1.2 format comments 

******************************************************************************** 

****************************** Amazon.com Multiple Countries (1, 0, 0) ****************************** 
Found 1 results 
Downloading from Amazon.com Multiple Countries took 3.71700000763 

--- 
Title               : Fairy Tail Vol. 17
Publisher           : Kodansha Comics
Series              : Fairy Tail #17
Languages           : eng
Rating              : 2.4
Published           : 2015-09-02T00:00:00+00:00
Identifiers         : amazon:B00DN7BDF8
Comments            : <p>WITH THE LIGHTS OUT, IT'S LESS DANGEROUS? After Wendy is abducted by the dark guilds, she is exposed to the destructive magical properties of NIRVANA, which drastically alter the light and darkness within her body. Can Fairy Tail rescue Wendy and save her precvious soul... or will the dark guilds have the last laugh? Includes special extras after the story!
**</p> 
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/73.0.3683.86 Safari/537.36
Server: auto
Making google query: https://www.google.com/search?q=B00DN7BDF8+site%3Awww.amazon.com
Skipping non-book result: Result(url='https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/reviews/B00DN7BDF8', title=u'Customer reviews: Fairy Tail Vol. 17 - Amazon.comwww.amazon.com \u203a reviews \u203a B00DN7BDF8', cached_url='https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:gHPBebZwK4kJ:https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/reviews/B00DN7BDF8+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk')
Skipping non-book result: Result(url='https://www.amazon.com/-/es/product-reviews/B00DN7BDF8/ref=dbs_r_series', title=u'amazon.com:Opiniones de clientes: Fairy Tail Vol. 17www.amazon.com \u203a B00DN7BDF8', cached_url='https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:HrONYBdzdMwJ:https://www.amazon.com/-/es/product-reviews/B00DN7BDF8/ref%3Ddbs_r_series+&cd=11&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk')
Skipping non-book result: Result(url='https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Hiro-Mashima/e/B003UWPCYO?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00DN7BDF8&pd_rd_r=773faef6-1724-4b22-86e2-a12c9b0ae375&pd_rd_w=Cx6oD&pd_rd_wg=nFwoZ&pf_rd_p=52b7592c-2dc9-4ac6-84d4-4bda6360045e&pf_rd_r=5W4ARHKX3HY87FCA46EB', title=u'Autores similares para seguir - Amazon.comwww.amazon.com \u203a Hiro-Mashima', cached_url='https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:SNBolQKqrQIJ:https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Hiro-Mashima/e/B003UWPCYO%3F_encoding%3DUTF8%26pd_rd_i%3DB00DN7BDF8%26pd_rd_r%3D773faef6-1724-4b22-86e2-a12c9b0ae375%26pd_rd_w%3DCx6oD%26pd_rd_wg%3DnFwoZ%26pf_rd_p%3D52b7592c-2dc9-4ac6-84d4-4bda6360045e%26pf_rd_r%3D5W4ARHKX3HY87FCA46EB+&cd=12&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk')
Getting details from: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:O_Ah-nG1tVIJ:https://www.amazon.com/Fairy-Tail-Vol-Hiro-Mashima-ebook/dp/B00DN7BDF8+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk 

****************************** FictionDB (1, 2, 0) ****************************** 
Found 0 results 
Downloading from FictionDB took 2.0720000267 
Querying: http://www.fictiondb.com/search/searchresults.php - title=Fairy+Tail+Vol.+17&rating=-&pubgroup=&srchtxt=multi&anthology=&styp=6&datepublished=&imprint=&synopsis=&isbn=None&author=Hiro+Mashima
No matches found with identifiers, retrying using only title and authors
Querying: http://www.fictiondb.com/search/searchresults.php - title=Fairy+Tail+Vol.+17&rating=-&pubgroup=&srchtxt=multi&anthology=&styp=6&datepublished=&imprint=&synopsis=&isbn=None&author=Hiro+Mashima
No matches found with query: u'http://www.fictiondb.com/search/searchresults.php' - 'title=Fairy+Tail+Vol.+17&rating=-&pubgroup=&srchtxt=multi&anthology=&styp=6&datepublished=&imprint=&synopsis=&isbn=None&author=Hiro+Mashima' 

****************************** Google (1, 0, 1) ****************************** 
Found 0 results 
Downloading from Google took 2.08500003815 
Making query: https://books.google.com/books/feeds/volumes?q=intitle%3AFairy+intitle%3ATail+intitle%3AVol.+intitle%3A17%2Binauthor%3AHiro+inauthor%3AMashima&max-results=20&start-index=1&min-viewability=none
No results found, retrying without identifiers
Making query: https://books.google.com/books/feeds/volumes?q=intitle%3AFairy+intitle%3ATail+intitle%3AVol.+intitle%3A17%2Binauthor%3AHiro+inauthor%3AMashima&max-results=20&start-index=1&min-viewability=none 

****************************** Fantastic Fiction (1, 3, 0) ****************************** 
Found 0 results 
Downloading from Fantastic Fiction took 1.33399987221 
Querying: https://www.fantasticfiction.com/dbs/books2?q.parser=structured&return=booktype%2Ctitle%2Catitle%2Cvtitle%2Cyear%2Cpfn%2Chasimage%2Cauthorsinfo%2Cseriesinfo%2Cdb%2Cimageloc&sort=visits_uk+desc&size=20&q=%28and+db%3A%27FF%27+%27Fairy+Tail+Vol.+17+Hiro+Mashima%27%29&start=0
JSON Result: {"status":{"rid":"jr2l47kupeUvCqRlCQ==","time-ms":35},"hits":{"found":0,"start":0,"hit":[]}}
No matches found
Retrying query with original title/authors
Querying: https://www.fantasticfiction.com/dbs/books2?q.parser=structured&return=booktype%2Ctitle%2Catitle%2Cvtitle%2Cyear%2Cpfn%2Chasimage%2Cauthorsinfo%2Cseriesinfo%2Cdb%2Cimageloc&sort=visits_uk+desc&size=20&q=%28and+db%3A%27FF%27+%27Fairy+Tail+Vol.+17%27%29&start=0
JSON Result: {"status":{"rid":"+r6l47kupuUvCqRlCQ==","time-ms":21},"hits":{"found":0,"start":0,"hit":[]}}
No matches found
has_retried=True or not isbn=None. 

****************************** Goodreads (1, 4, 0) ****************************** 
Found 1 results 
Downloading from Goodreads took 5.75 

--- 
Title               : Fairy Tail 17
Tags                : Manga, Fantasy
Rating              : 2.2
Published           : 2009-09-17T00:00:00+00:00
Identifiers         : goodreads:19309764
Comments            : <p>WITH THE LIGHTS OUT, IT'S LESS DANGEROUS? After Wendy is abducted by the dark guilds, she is exposed to the destructive magical properties of NIRVANA, which drastically alter the light and darkness within her body. Can Fairy Tail rescue Wendy and save her precvious soul... or will the dark guilds have the last laugh? Includes special extras after the story!</p> 
identify - start. title=Fairy Tail Vol. 17, authors=[u'Hiro Mashima'], identifiers={u'amazon': u'B00DN7BDF8', u'mobi-asin': u'B00DN7BDF8'}
get_goodreads_id_using_asin - identifier_name=amazon, identifier=B00DN7BDF8
get_goodreads_id_using_api - identifiers=B00DN7BDF8
Querying using autocomplete API: https://www.goodreads.com/book/auto_complete?format=json&q=B00DN7BDF8
JSON Result: [{"imageUrl":"https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1386593366i/19309764._SY75_.jpg","bookId":"19309764","workId":"13629767","bookUrl":"/book/show/19309764-fairy-tail-17","from_search":true,"from_srp":true,"qid":"mmK6vSqqeA","rank":1,"title":"Fairy Tail 17","bookTitleBare":"Fairy Tail 17","numPages":208,"avgRating":"4.41","ratingsCount":3063,"author":{"id":150810,"name":"Hiro Mashima","isGoodreadsAuthor":false,"profileUrl":"https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/150810.Hiro_Mashima","worksListUrl":"https://www.goodreads.com/author/list/150810.Hiro_Mashima"},"kcrPreviewUrl":null,"description":{"html":"WITH THE LIGHTS OUT, IT'S LESS DANGEROUS? After Wendy is abducted by the dark guilds, she is exposed to the destructive magical properties of NIRVANA, which drastically alter …","truncated":true,"fullContentUrl":"https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19309764-fairy-tail-17"}}]
Result using autocomplete API: 19309764
Goodreads book url: u'https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19309764-aaaa'
parse_title:: title_text='Fairy Tail 17'
parse_authors - author: Hiro Mashima (Illustrator)
parse_authors - author: Hiro Mashima 
parse_details - mi: Title               : Fairy Tail 17
parse_series: series_text='(Fairy Tail #17)'
parse_series: series_text after stripping parantheses='Fairy Tail #17'
parse_series: series_name='Fairy Tail', series_index_str='#17'
parse_rating: rating_node= [<Element span at 0x1d4b17d5e58>]
parse_rating: have rating node - rating_node[0].text= 

_parse_language: Have language node
_parse_language: raw= English
_parse_language: ans= eng 

****************************** Amazon.com (1, 2, 14) ****************************** 
Found 1 results 
Downloading from Amazon.com took 3.71300005913 

--- 
Comments            : <p>WITH THE LIGHTS OUT, IT'S LESS DANGEROUS? After Wendy is abducted by the dark guilds, she is exposed to the destructive magical properties of NIRVANA, which drastically alter the light and darkness within her body. Can Fairy Tail rescue Wendy and save her precvious soul... or will the dark guilds have the last laugh? Includes special extras after the story!
**</p> 
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/73.0.3683.86 Safari/537.36
Making google query: https://www.google.com/search?q=B00DN7BDF8+site%3Awww.amazon.com
Skipping non-book result: Result(url='https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/reviews/B00DN7BDF8', title=u'Customer reviews: Fairy Tail Vol. 17 - Amazon.comwww.amazon.com \u203a reviews \u203a B00DN7BDF8', cached_url='https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:gHPBebZwK4kJ:https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/reviews/B00DN7BDF8+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk')
Skipping non-book result: Result(url='https://www.amazon.com/-/es/product-reviews/B00DN7BDF8/ref=dbs_r_series', title=u'amazon.com:Opiniones de clientes: Fairy Tail Vol. 17www.amazon.com \u203a B00DN7BDF8', cached_url='https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:HrONYBdzdMwJ:https://www.amazon.com/-/es/product-reviews/B00DN7BDF8/ref%3Ddbs_r_series+&cd=11&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk')
Skipping non-book result: Result(url='https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Hiro-Mashima/e/B003UWPCYO?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00DN7BDF8&pd_rd_r=773faef6-1724-4b22-86e2-a12c9b0ae375&pd_rd_w=Cx6oD&pd_rd_wg=nFwoZ&pf_rd_p=52b7592c-2dc9-4ac6-84d4-4bda6360045e&pf_rd_r=5W4ARHKX3HY87FCA46EB', title=u'Autores similares para seguir - Amazon.comwww.amazon.com \u203a Hiro-Mashima', cached_url='https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:SNBolQKqrQIJ:https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Hiro-Mashima/e/B003UWPCYO%3F_encoding%3DUTF8%26pd_rd_i%3DB00DN7BDF8%26pd_rd_r%3D773faef6-1724-4b22-86e2-a12c9b0ae375%26pd_rd_w%3DCx6oD%26pd_rd_wg%3DnFwoZ%26pf_rd_p%3D52b7592c-2dc9-4ac6-84d4-4bda6360045e%26pf_rd_r%3D5W4ARHKX3HY87FCA46EB+&cd=12&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk')
Getting details from: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:O_Ah-nG1tVIJ:https://www.amazon.com/Fairy-Tail-Vol-Hiro-Mashima-ebook/dp/B00DN7BDF8+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk 

The identify phase took 5.95 seconds 
The longest time (5.750000) was taken by: Goodreads 
Merging results from different sources 
We have 7 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds

However, I've noticed if I put in the Kobo URL tag into Calibre first then download the metadata, it gets the correct book fine.
AndrewJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 07:28 PM   #70
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
all I see is ISBN with language code 8
978 8
English is language code 0
978 0
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 04:18 AM   #71
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJB View Post
So I don't know if this is an issue with the plugin, of if it's just a general issue with Kobo's website, but when trying to download metadata for a few ebooks with this plugin enabled, it downloads metadata for the Portugese version of the book instead of the English version.

Download log from Calibre is below.
Spoiler:
Code:
Running identify query with parameters: 
{u'identifiers': {u'amazon': u'B00DN7BDF8', u'mobi-asin': u'B00DN7BDF8'}, u'authors': [u'Hiro Mashima'], u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Fairy Tail Vol. 17'} 
Using plugins: FictionDB (1, 2, 0), Amazon.com Multiple Countries (1, 0, 0), Fantastic Fiction (1, 3, 0), Goodreads (1, 4, 0), Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 15), Kobo Books (1, 8, 0), Google (1, 0, 1), Amazon.com (1, 2, 14) 
The log from individual plugins is below 

****************************** Kobo Books (1, 8, 0) ****************************** 
Found 5 results 
Downloading from Kobo Books took 3.33999991417 

--- 
Title               : Fairy Tail vol. 11
Rating              : 0.5
Published           : 2018-01-10T05:00:00+00:00
Identifiers         : kobo:fairy-tail-vol-11-1, isbn:9788545705970
Comments            : <div class="synopsis-description" translate="no"><p>Jellal, um amigo de infância de Elza, reaparece diante da feiticeira para iniciar um elaborado jogo em que Natsu e seus amigos são as peças inimigas a serem eliminadas. As coisas esquentam e nem todo mundo está feliz com isso... Enquanto isso, Siegrain tenta convencer o Conselho de Magia a disparar uma poderosa magia contra a Torre do Paraíso. Fairy Tail vol. 11 está com tudo!</p>
</div> 

--- 
Title               : Fairy Tail vol. 17
Rating              : 
Identifiers         : kobo:fairy-tail-vol-17-1, isbn:9788545706038
Comments            : <div class="synopsis-description" translate="no"><p>Wendy foi sequestrada pela guilda Oración Seis! O inimigo pretende usar o poder da Sibila do Firmamento para descobrir o local exato do Nirvana. Enquanto isso, Elza foi envenenada e a única pessoa capaz de salvá-la é Wendy. Mas, caso não consigam resgatar a garota em tempo hábil, a vida da Titânia da Fairy Tail estará por um fio!</p>
</div> 

--- 
Title               : Fairy Tail vol. 59
Rating              : 
Identifiers         : kobo:fairy-tail-vol-59-1, isbn:9788545706748
Comments            : <div class="synopsis-description" translate="no"><p>Um suspiro de alívio na guerra desesperadora contra o exército de Zeref! Mavis que estava nas mãos do inimigo consegue fugir com a sua magia de ilusão e vai ao encontro dos companheiros. Na mesma hora, Lucy enfrenta Brandish, que deixou muito claro que não pode se aliar às forças da Fairy Tail e, como prova, desfaz a magia que havia aplicado no tumor de Natsu, obrigando uma luta mano a mano com Lucy! Como se não bastasse, Mary da Spriggan 12 espera logo atrás, e com Natsu fora de jogo, a batalha parece perdida! Porém, o que as duas inimigas não esperavam é que o tumor do Natsu fosse despertar o seu pior pesadelo…!</p>
</div> 

--- 
Title               : Fairy Tail vol. 43
Rating              : 
Identifiers         : kobo:fairy-tail-vol-43-1, isbn:9788545706427
Comments            : <div class="synopsis-description" translate="no"><p>As mãos demoníacas de Tartaros não se restringem apenas aos atuais membros do Conselho Mágico, mas se estendem para os ex-membros também! Para deter o pior, a Fairy Tail envia seus integrantes para defenderem os ex-membros, mas eles terão de enfrentar os demônios da Tartaros! O que eles usam são "ex-conjuros" que chegam a superar a "magia"! E são reveladas as intenções da Tartaros por trás de suas vilanias – obter a arma que está sob o domínio do Conselho, a Bomba de Pulso Mágica "Face", capaz de eliminar todo o poder mágico do continente!</p>
</div> 

--- 
Title               : Fairy Tail vol. 22
Rating              : 
Identifiers         : kobo:fairy-tail-vol-22-1, isbn:9788545706083
Comments            : <div class="synopsis-description" translate="no"><p>O rei de Edolas planeja extrair o poder dos Matadores de Dragões Natsu e Wendy para colocar em prática a Missão de Extermínio dos Anjos. O objetivo do exército real é usar essa energia acumulada para destruir a ilha flutuante de Extalia e roubar a magia dos exceed. Felizmente, alguns integrantes da Fairy Tail de Earthland chegaram para reforçar o time do bem!</p>
</div> 

identify - title: "Fairy Tail Vol. 17" authors= "[u'Hiro Mashima']"
create_query - title: "Fairy Tail Vol. 17"
create_query - after decode title: "Fairy Tail Vol. 17"
create_query - title_tokens: "[u'Fairy', u'Tail', u'Vol.', u'17']"
Querying: https://www.kobo.com/search?Query=Fairy+Tail+Vol.+17+Hiro+Mashima&fcmedia=Book&fclanguages=all
failed using three divs
Have close enough match - title='Fairy Tail vol. 17', id='fairy-tail-vol-17-1'
failed using three divs
Have close enough match - title='Fairy Tail vol. 11', id='fairy-tail-vol-11-1'
failed using three divs
Have close enough match - title='Fairy Tail vol. 59', id='fairy-tail-vol-59-1'
failed using three divs
Have close enough match - title='Fairy Tail vol. 43', id='fairy-tail-vol-43-1'
failed using three divs
Have close enough match - title='Fairy Tail vol. 22', id='fairy-tail-vol-22-1'
KoboBooks url: u'https://www.kobo.com/ebook/fairy-tail-vol-17-1'
KoboBooks url: u'https://www.kobo.com/ebook/fairy-tail-vol-11-1'
KoboBooks url: u'https://www.kobo.com/ebook/fairy-tail-vol-59-1'
KoboBooks url: u'https://www.kobo.com/ebook/fairy-tail-vol-43-1'
KoboBooks url: u'https://www.kobo.com/ebook/fairy-tail-vol-22-1'
Script page_metadata= {u'brand': u'Editora JBC', u'sku': u'9788545706038', u'gtin13': u'9788545706038', u'name': u'Fairy Tail vol. 17', u'@context': u'http://schema.org', u'image': u'https://kbimages1-a.akamaihd.net/0fb2d8db-40f7-421b-8e17-8a8af91f00f3/180/1000/False/fairy-tail-vol-17-1.jpg', u'@type': u'Product', u'releasedate': u'2018-01-16T05:00:00', u'offers': {u'url': u'https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/fairy-tail-vol-17-1', u'price': 2.99, u'@type': u'Offer', u'availability': u'http://schema.org/InStock', u'priceCurrency': u'GBP'}, u'description': u'Read "Fairy Tail vol. 17" by Hiro Mashima available from Rakuten Kobo. Wendy foi sequestrada pela guilda Oraci\xf3n Seis! O inimigo pretende usar o poder da Sibila do Firmamento para descobrir o...'}
Script page_metadata= {u'brand': u'Editora JBC', u'sku': u'9788545706427', u'gtin13': u'9788545706427', u'name': u'Fairy Tail vol. 43', u'@context': u'http://schema.org', u'image': u'https://kbimages1-a.akamaihd.net/6a024bb3-7d25-4603-a325-99b7c99730f9/180/1000/False/fairy-tail-vol-43-1.jpg', u'@type': u'Product', u'releasedate': u'2018-02-09T05:00:00', u'offers': {u'url': u'https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/fairy-tail-vol-43-1', u'price': 2.99, u'@type': u'Offer', u'availability': u'http://schema.org/InStock', u'priceCurrency': u'GBP'}, u'description': u'Read "Fairy Tail vol. 43" by Hiro Mashima available from Rakuten Kobo. As m\xe3os demon\xedacas de Tartaros n\xe3o se restringem apenas aos atuais membros do Conselho M\xe1gico, mas se estendem para os e...'}
Script page_metadata= {u'brand': u'Editora JBC', u'sku': u'9788545705970', u'gtin13': u'9788545705970', u'name': u'Fairy Tail vol. 11', u'@context': u'http://schema.org', u'image': u'https://kbimages1-a.akamaihd.net/3e6d318e-1cd0-4706-911d-677a35f84b5e/180/1000/False/fairy-tail-vol-11-1.jpg', u'@type': u'Product', u'releasedate': u'2018-01-10T05:00:00', u'offers': {u'url': u'https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/fairy-tail-vol-11-1', u'price': 2.99, u'@type': u'Offer', u'availability': u'http://schema.org/InStock', u'priceCurrency': u'GBP'}, u'description': u'Read "Fairy Tail vol. 11" by Hiro Mashima available from Rakuten Kobo. Jellal, um amigo de inf\xe2ncia de Elza, reaparece diante da feiticeira para iniciar um elaborado jogo em que Natsu e seus ...'}
pubdate from JSON: 2018-01-10 05:00:00
parse_rating - rating: "1.0"
Script page_metadata= {u'brand': u'Editora JBC', u'sku': u'9788545706748', u'gtin13': u'9788545706748', u'name': u'Fairy Tail vol. 59', u'@context': u'http://schema.org', u'image': u'https://kbimages1-a.akamaihd.net/ebc17298-dd5a-4f6c-b87d-218bc0e03a69/180/1000/False/fairy-tail-vol-59-1.jpg', u'@type': u'Product', u'releasedate': u'2018-02-09T05:00:00', u'offers': {u'url': u'https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/fairy-tail-vol-59-1', u'price': 2.99, u'@type': u'Offer', u'availability': u'http://schema.org/InStock', u'priceCurrency': u'GBP'}, u'description': u'Read "Fairy Tail vol. 59" by Hiro Mashima available from Rakuten Kobo. Um suspiro de al\xedvio na guerra desesperadora contra o ex\xe9rcito de Zeref! Mavis que estava nas m\xe3os do inimigo consegue f...'}
Script page_metadata= {u'brand': u'Editora JBC', u'sku': u'9788545706083', u'gtin13': u'9788545706083', u'name': u'Fairy Tail vol. 22', u'@context': u'http://schema.org', u'image': u'https://kbimages1-a.akamaihd.net/38048a46-444c-4d56-ab05-28f392f3e439/180/1000/False/fairy-tail-vol-22-1.jpg', u'@type': u'Product', u'releasedate': u'2018-01-16T05:00:00', u'offers': {u'url': u'https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/fairy-tail-vol-22-1', u'price': 2.99, u'@type': u'Offer', u'availability': u'http://schema.org/InStock', u'priceCurrency': u'GBP'}, u'description': u'Read "Fairy Tail vol. 22" by Hiro Mashima available from Rakuten Kobo. O rei de Edolas planeja extrair o poder dos Matadores de Drag\xf5es Natsu e Wendy para colocar em pr\xe1tica a Miss\xe3o de Exter...'}

****************************** Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 15) ****************************** 
Found 1 results 
Downloading from Barnes & Noble took 2.86099982262 

--- 
Title               : Fairy Tail, Volume 17
Publisher           : Kodansha International
Published           : 2012-01-24T00:00:00+00:00
Identifiers         : barnesnoble:w/fairy-tail-volume-17-hiro-mashima/1102624097, isbn:9781612620541 
Querying: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s?store=book&keyword=Fairy+Tail+Vol.+17+Hiro+Mashima
match location: 'https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/fairy-tail-volume-17-hiro-mashima/1102624097?ean=9781612620541'
B&N url: 'https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/fairy-tail-volume-17-hiro-mashima/1102624097?ean=9781612620541'
Falling back to 1.2 format comments 

****************************** Amazon.com Multiple Countries (1, 0, 0) ****************************** 
Found 1 results 
Downloading from Amazon.com Multiple Countries took 3.71700000763 

--- 
**</p> 
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/73.0.3683.86 Safari/537.36

****************************** FictionDB (1, 2, 0) ****************************** 
Found 0 results 
Downloading from FictionDB took 2.0720000267 
No matches found with identifiers, retrying using only title and authors
No matches found with query: u'http://www.fictiondb.com/search/searchresults.php' - 'title=Fairy+Tail+Vol.+17&rating=-&pubgroup=&srchtxt=multi&anthology=&styp=6&datepublished=&imprint=&synopsis=&isbn=None&author=Hiro+Mashima' 

****************************** Google (1, 0, 1) ****************************** 
Found 0 results 
Downloading from Google took 2.08500003815 
No results found, retrying without identifiers

****************************** Fantastic Fiction (1, 3, 0) ****************************** 
Found 0 results 
Downloading from Fantastic Fiction took 1.33399987221 
Querying: https://www.fantasticfiction.com/dbs/books2?q.parser=structured&return=booktype%2Ctitle%2Catitle%2Cvtitle%2Cyear%2Cpfn%2Chasimage%2Cauthorsinfo%2Cseriesinfo%2Cdb%2Cimageloc&sort=visits_uk+desc&size=20&q=%28and+db%3A%27FF%27+%27Fairy+Tail+Vol.+17+Hiro+Mashima%27%29&start=0
JSON Result: {"status":{"rid":"jr2l47kupeUvCqRlCQ==","time-ms":35},"hits":{"found":0,"start":0,"hit":[]}}
No matches found
Retrying query with original title/authors
Querying: https://www.fantasticfiction.com/dbs/books2?q.parser=structured&return=booktype%2Ctitle%2Catitle%2Cvtitle%2Cyear%2Cpfn%2Chasimage%2Cauthorsinfo%2Cseriesinfo%2Cdb%2Cimageloc&sort=visits_uk+desc&size=20&q=%28and+db%3A%27FF%27+%27Fairy+Tail+Vol.+17%27%29&start=0
JSON Result: {"status":{"rid":"+r6l47kupuUvCqRlCQ==","time-ms":21},"hits":{"found":0,"start":0,"hit":[]}}
No matches found
has_retried=True or not isbn=None. 

****************************** Goodreads (1, 4, 0) ****************************** 
Found 1 results 
Downloading from Goodreads took 5.75 

--- 
Title               : Fairy Tail 17
Tags                : Manga, Fantasy
Rating              : 2.2
Published           : 2009-09-17T00:00:00+00:00
Identifiers         : goodreads:19309764
Comments            : <p>WITH THE LIGHTS OUT, IT'S LESS DANGEROUS? After Wendy is abducted by the dark guilds, she is exposed to the destructive magical properties of NIRVANA, which drastically alter the light and darkness within her body. Can Fairy Tail rescue Wendy and save her precvious soul... or will the dark guilds have the last laugh? Includes special extras after the story!</p> 
identify - start. title=Fairy Tail Vol. 17, authors=[u'Hiro Mashima'], identifiers={u'amazon': u'B00DN7BDF8', u'mobi-asin': u'B00DN7BDF8'}
get_goodreads_id_using_asin - identifier_name=amazon, identifier=B00DN7BDF8
get_goodreads_id_using_api - identifiers=B00DN7BDF8
Querying using autocomplete API: https://www.goodreads.com/book/auto_complete?format=json&q=B00DN7BDF8
JSON Result: [{"imageUrl":"https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1386593366i/19309764._SY75_.jpg","bookId":"19309764","workId":"13629767","bookUrl":"/book/show/19309764-fairy-tail-17","from_search":true,"from_srp":true,"qid":"mmK6vSqqeA","rank":1,"title":"Fairy Tail 17","bookTitleBare":"Fairy Tail 17","numPages":208,"avgRating":"4.41","ratingsCount":3063,"author":{"id":150810,"name":"Hiro Mashima","isGoodreadsAuthor":false,"profileUrl":"https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/150810.Hiro_Mashima","worksListUrl":"https://www.goodreads.com/author/list/150810.Hiro_Mashima"},"kcrPreviewUrl":null,"description":{"html":"WITH THE LIGHTS OUT, IT'S LESS DANGEROUS? After Wendy is abducted by the dark guilds, she is exposed to the destructive magical properties of NIRVANA, which drastically alter …","truncated":true,"fullContentUrl":"https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19309764-fairy-tail-17"}}]
Result using autocomplete API: 19309764
Goodreads book url: u'https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19309764-aaaa'
parse_title:: title_text='Fairy Tail 17'
parse_authors - author: Hiro Mashima (Illustrator)
parse_authors - author: Hiro Mashima 
parse_details - mi: Title               : Fairy Tail 17
parse_series: series_text='(Fairy Tail #17)'
parse_series: series_text after stripping parantheses='Fairy Tail #17'
parse_series: series_name='Fairy Tail', series_index_str='#17'
parse_rating: rating_node= [<Element span at 0x1d4b17d5e58>]
parse_rating: have rating node - rating_node[0].text= 

_parse_language: Have language node
_parse_language: raw= English
_parse_language: ans= eng 

****************************** Amazon.com (1, 2, 14) ****************************** 
Found 1 results 
Downloading from Amazon.com took 3.71300005913 

--- 
**</p> 
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/73.0.3683.86 Safari/537.36

The identify phase took 5.95 seconds 
The longest time (5.750000) was taken by: Goodreads 
Merging results from different sources 
We have 7 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds

However, I've noticed if I put in the Kobo URL tag into Calibre first then download the metadata, it gets the correct book fine.
I assume you mean that if you set the identifier to the correct book, that it fetches the correct details. That is to be expected. The plugin will use the existing identifier to get the metadata. If there isn't one, it uses the ISBN. It only uses the title author if there is no identifier or ISBN.

When I use the URL from your log, I get the same results. But, it looks like Kobo have changed the search. The URL the plugin is using includes "fclanguages=all". But, the search on the site does not include that when you press the search. Without that parameter it does find the English versions. But, the results change with the nation selected on the site.

I'll fix this over the weekend.
Old 07-30-2020, 06:13 AM   #72
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I assume you mean that if you set the identifier to the correct book, that it fetches the correct details. That is to be expected. The plugin will use the existing identifier to get the metadata. If there isn't one, it uses the ISBN. It only uses the title author if there is no identifier or ISBN.

When I use the URL from your log, I get the same results. But, it looks like Kobo have changed the search. The URL the plugin is using includes "fclanguages=all". But, the search on the site does not include that when you press the search. Without that parameter it does find the English versions. But, the results change with the nation selected on the site.

I'll fix this over the weekend.
Would it be possible to add an option to specify what country the metadata comes from?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:00 AM   #73
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Would it be possible to add an option to specify what country the metadata comes from?
It's usually pointless. The search URL I use will be redirected by the Kobo servers to whatever is appropriate for your IP address
Old 07-30-2020, 10:44 AM   #74
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
It's usually pointless. The search URL I use will be redirected by the Kobo servers to whatever is appropriate for your IP address
But sometimes the UK cover is better then the US cover. So it would be good to be able to switch.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 10:46 AM   #75
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
But sometimes the UK cover is better then the US cover. So it would be good to be able to switch.
I just don't think it is worth it. If you don't like the covers the various metadata source plugins find for you, then you need to do it manually.

And seriously, are you going to try all of them until you find one you actually like?