Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
chewt0y
chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: Nexus 7
[Metadata Source Plugin] Comicvine

This plugin allows the download of metadata for Comicbooks from the http://www.comicvine.com/ database.

Check out the code on Github

Main Features of v0.10.7
  • Fix problem with cover downloads caused by change in comicvine data

Coming Soon:
  • Better result ranking
  • Ratings

Installation Notes:
  • Download the attached zip file and install the plugin as described in the Introduction to plugins thread.
  • Note that this is not a GUI plugin so it is not intended/cannot be added to context menus/toolbars etc.
  • Configure your Comicvine api_key using the plugin settings.

Past Versions:
Spoiler:

Main Features of v0.10.5
  • Fix a typo in the pycomicvine retry decorator
  • Work around to prevent a change in the comicvine API causing exceptions

Main Features of v0.10.4
  • Wrap pycomicvine calls in a retry decorator as these calls will occaisionally fail due to server side transient issues.
  • Add the ability to output a search result as opf when running a search from the commandline using calibre-debug -r Comicvine -- -o
  • Insert workaround for bug in comicvine API where sometimes the number of results reported does not match the actual number of results returned
  • Penalise collections to avoid inserting a collection versus a volume
  • Handle decimal issue numbers better

Main Features of v0.10.0
  • New 'comicvine-volume' identifier.

When there are multiple series with the same name it can be difficult to ensure the right result. If you know the Comicvine volume ID of the series you can now specify the comicvine-volume identifier to make sure that the right series is chosen.

Example CLI use:

Code:
    rgh@eduardo ~/git/calibre-comicvine $ calibre-debug -r Comicvine -- t:'batman #12' i:comicvine-volume:42721
    (0000) - 349621: Batman #12: Ghost in the Machine; [2012-08-08]

Main Features of v0.9.3
  • Improve layout of configuration screen

Main Features of v0.9.0
  • Use a ThreadPool to improve metadata lookup times through parallel lookups
Main Features of v0.8.2
  • Handle non-integer issue numbers
  • Modify pycomicvine_dist to remove external dependency on simplejson

Main Features of v0.8.0
  • Implement cover downloads
  • Major performance increases when searching for common titles
Main Features of v0.7.3

Main Features of v0.7.2
  • Perform a search against the comicvine database for the supplied title
  • Looks up titles, series information, authors, publication dates and descriptions.
  • Can interpret year of publication embedded in the title (enclosed by parentheses)
  • Issue numbers need to be marked with a '#' character
e.g. "The Shade #10 (2012)"
Attached Files
File Type: zip Comicvine-qt5.zip (14.5 KB, 2218 views)

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 08-28-2014 at 11:36 PM. Reason: New version released
chewt0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:37 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@chewtoy: You would make life simpler for your users if you bundled pycomicvine in the plugin zip file. Then they wont need to do a separate dependency install.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
chewt0y
chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.chewt0y is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

@kovidgoyal - Thanks for the suggestion. I had been considering doing that. I have just updated with a new version that includes the pycomicvine code.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:58 AM   #4
Aleyst
Zealot
Aleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with others

Device: PW (7th Gen), PW (10th Gen)
Hey, I'm getting an error trying to install this, something about simplejson

Quote:
calibre, version 0.9.31
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ImportError</b>:No module named simplejson

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 310, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 361, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 53, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 169, in load
File "importlib\__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 150, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.comicvine.__init__", line 4, in <module>
File "calibre_plugins.comicvine.source", line 13, in <module>
File "calibre_plugins.comicvine.config", line 10, in <module>
File "calibre_plugins.comicvine.pycomicvine_dist", line 25, in <module>
ImportError: No module named simplejson
and now this

Quote:
calibre, version 0.9.31
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ImportError</b>:cannot import name Comicvine

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 310, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 361, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 53, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 167, in load
File "calibre_plugins.comicvine.__init__", line 4, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name Comicvine
This is all gibberish to me Dx
Any ideas?

Last edited by Aleyst; 05-19-2013 at 03:02 AM.
Aleyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:24 AM   #5
chewt0y

I guess adding pycomicvine to the package didn't make it as standalone as I thought.

This error is showing that you need the simplejson module for python installed.

I will see what I can do to either remove the external dependencies or bundle them in the plugin distribution, but in the mean time you should be able to fix this by installing the "simplejson" and 'python-dateutil' modules.

I can't tell which OS you are running under. On a debian / ubuntu based box you can get everthing installed using:

sudo apt-get install python-simplejson python-dateutil

For a more generic method you can use the instructions here to setup easy_install (part of the setuptools package)

http://pythonhosted.org/distribute/easy_install.html

Then you can use:
easy_install simplejson
easy_install dateutil

Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll try and get a fixed version out ASAP.

Last edited by chewt0y; 05-24-2013 at 06:32 AM.
Advert
Old 05-24-2013, 05:38 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
dateutil is bundled with calibre, as for simplejson, the python stdlib has a json module, so there should be no need to use a third party one.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:22 AM   #7
chewt0y

Yes, the setup.py file lists dateutil 2.0.0 as a dependency, whereas calibre is currently packaged with 1.5 - but from a quick look at the code it seems to be compatible even though the dependency says otherwise.

As for simplejson, I have just pushed out 0.8.2 which uses the bundled json module rather than simplejson - it seems to do the job fine, so no need to bundle simplejson in the plugin
Old 05-24-2013, 06:25 AM   #8
chewt0y

I have just pushed out 0.8.2 of the plugin.

This modifies the bundled pycomicvine to use the library json module rather than the external simplejson.

I was concerned that the version of dateutil bundled with calibre would be too old (latest version has 1.5), as the setup.py file for pycomicvine lists 2.0.0 as required; however I have run some tests using 1.5 and it seems to be fine, so looks like fixing this was a simple one-line patch
Old 06-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #9
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I got similar errors as others listed above when trying to install, but restarted Calibre in debug mode and was able to install the plugin. Now, I'm getting the following error when trying to configure the plugin:

Code:
calibre, version 0.9.34
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'ConfigWidget' object has no attribute 'label'

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 288, in customize_plugin
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 364, in modify_plugin
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 150, in do_user_config
  File "calibre_plugins.comicvine.source", line 42, in config_widget
  File "calibre_plugins.comicvine.config", line 31, in __init__
AttributeError: 'ConfigWidget' object has no attribute 'label'
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #10
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Has anyone had success with this plugin? Chewt0y, is it working for you? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling (not in debug mode, and no install errors this time), but got the same error when trying "customize plugin."
Old 06-13-2013, 10:19 AM   #11
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Get the following error when trying to configure (Mac OS X 10.8.4, calibre 0.9.34 and v0.9.1 the plugin):

Code:
calibre, version 0.9.34
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'ConfigWidget' object has no attribute 'label'

File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/preferences/plugins.py", line 285, in double_clicked
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/preferences/plugins.py", line 364, in modify_plugin
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/__init__.py", line 150, in do_user_config
  File "calibre_plugins.comicvine.source", line 42, in config_widget
  File "calibre_plugins.comicvine.config", line 31, in __init__
AttributeError: 'ConfigWidget' object has no attribute 'label'
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #12
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I've forked the repo and commited a few changes that fix the problem.
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #13
taosaur
intelligent posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffaloseven View Post
Get the following error when trying to configure (Mac OS X 10.8.4, calibre 0.9.34 and v0.9.1 the plugin):

I've forked the repo and commited a few changes that fix the problem.
Looks like the same issue I'm having in Windows. If you can shoot me a Calibre-ready zip w/ your changes I'd be happy to test it out.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:25 PM   #14
chewt0y

I have just fixed this, and am about to upload here. buffaloseven - I'll take a look at your fix as well. I'm not a gui guy, so my fix isn't particularly pretty
Old 06-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #15
chewt0y

OK. I have just pushed another update (0.9.3) which has a better layout for the config screen (my original solution was very similar to buffaloseven's).

Sorry for the delay replying, by the way. Mea culpa. I have now changed my subscription details for this thread so that I'll get updates straight away rather than weekly batched updates...