Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #1
Philipgc
Philipgc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Adding purchased epub books to Calibre

As a newcomer to Calibre, using Sony reader via Windows XP, I am trying to add already purchased epub books to Calibre, from my Kobo account. I have previously downloaded them, through Adobe DE, into the Sony reader library.
Calibre FAQ's state that on downloading 'the ebook file will be stored in the folder "My Digital Editions" from where you can add it to Calibre'. Presumably by drag and drop. In my case the "My Digital Editions" folder is empty (nor are the downloaded ebooks in "Downloads").
I wonder in which folder am I likely to find them and/or how can I ensure that in future the books will be stored in the "My Digital Editions" folder. Elementary question I guess, and maybe one which should be addressed to Adobe, but other Calibre users may have had the same problem.
Any ideas please.
Philipgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #2
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Do a search for *.epub.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
They will be stored in My Digital Editions if you use Adobe Digital Editions to convert the .acsm file to an .epub.

You have been using Sony Reader instead (this is likely done automatically because you installed Sony Reader after ADE and Sony Reader made itself the deafult). It isn't always easy to find the .epub files with Sony Reader. They might be in My Documents\My Books\Reader.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #4
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
You don't actually convert the acsm file to epub. Think of it like a torrent file. It tells you where to download the actual book, and and acts like a key so the other party lets you have it.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #5
Philipgc
Philipgc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Many thanks all. Have found them in various places but mainly Documents/My Books/Reader. Seem to have multiple folders so will have to get organised.
Philipgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert