Notices

Old 10-01-2021, 06:50 AM   #901
Kraftwerk
Zealot
Kraftwerk began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Run both phases of Check Library (you shoud do this once in a while even if you are not seeing issues . Phase 1 clears deadwood records from deletes or changes, phase 2 looks for mis matched vs file system found entries

What does Save to Disk offer (save single format...)?
BTW AFAIK, this only shows known book formats:PDF, Mobi, EPUB...)
Ran the 2 phases and no problems were detected.

Concerning 'Save To Disk': For the book mentioned earlier that has both .mobi and .epub in the same folder, the only format mentioned is AZW3, nothing with .mobi or .epub?

When I have the results of all duplicate books, do I have to manually merge each book or is there a way of doing it quicker?

So to clarify: It is possible to pick a format of my choosing when there are two books with different formats in the same folder to send to my kindle, but I'm not seeing that option?

Last edited by Kraftwerk; 10-01-2021 at 09:10 AM.
Kraftwerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 11:37 AM   #902
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk View Post
Ran the 2 phases and no problems were detected.

Concerning 'Save To Disk': For the book mentioned earlier that has both .mobi and .epub in the same folder, the only format mentioned is AZW3, nothing with .mobi or .epub?

When I have the results of all duplicate books, do I have to manually merge each book or is there a way of doing it quicker?

So to clarify: It is possible to pick a format of my choosing when there are two books with different formats in the same folder to send to my kindle, but I'm not seeing that option?
The results from Find Duplicates PI can be acted upon directly (Just 1 at a time) Select target FIRST,the select additional records to Merge into the first, "M" (is the hotkey) This deletes the sources. You can also right click AFTER making the selections for options to Merge

@Kraft you saw my picture. That is the way to do it.
I just checked and it shows any format, even though Preferences: Behavior is set to EPUB
I don't know WHY you cant see the choice if the DB passes the checks.
Here is what I see for Send to Disk (single format)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Send1FormatSTD.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	189463  
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2021, 04:37 PM   #903
Kraftwerk
Zealot
Kraftwerk began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Quote:
The results from Find Duplicates PI can be acted upon directly (Just 1 at a time) Select target FIRST,the select additional records to Merge into the first, "M" (is the hotkey) This deletes the sources. You can also right click AFTER making the selections for options to Merge

@Kraft you saw my picture. That is the way to do it.
I just checked and it shows any format, even though Preferences: Behavior is set to EPUB
I don't know WHY you cant see the choice if the DB passes the checks.
Here is what I see for Send to Disk (single format)
Your attached picture is not what I see.
Perhaps some of my settings need changing to see what you are seeing?
Kraftwerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 05:50 PM   #904
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@theducks - firstly I do not use the Add Books Automerge feature, secondly your image comes from Save to Disk, there is no such thing as Send to Disk.

But like the OP I'm confused, how does Save to Disk come into play with Find Duplicates, Add Books, Copy to library etc. I thought Automerge on Add or Copy was determined by the settings in Preferences->Add Books->Adding Actions.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 06:54 PM   #905
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
He asked IF I MERGE, can I specify what format to send to device.
I answered 'use the option'

He claims that he does not have the menu item to choose formats on Send to Device.
I then asked if the Save to Disk had it (the image)

Something is really odd
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2021, 08:51 PM   #906
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk View Post
Any idea on how I choose which format I want to send to my device when the formats are merged?
As I have a Kindle, .mobi is default but if I wanted to choose the .epub format of a merged book how would I go about it?
Since EPUB is not a supported format on the Kindle (unless you jailbreak), it's automatically not an option for Send to Device.

I believe if you want Calibre to do auto-conversion from EPUB to MOBI via Send to Device, you'll need to delete the existing MOBI file first.

Alternately, if you want to send the EPUB as-is (e.g. for KOReader), you can use the Save to Disk option and choose the folder on the Kindle where you want to save the EPUBs to.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 04:15 AM   #907
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
He asked IF I MERGE, can I specify what format to send to device.
I answered 'use the option'

He claims that he does not have the menu item to choose formats on Send to Device.
I then asked if the Save to Disk had it (the image)

Something is really odd
Yeah, seems so.

I suggest post 892 be copied to a new thread in Lib Mgt, and all posts up to this one be moved into that thread. Having long 'OT' discussions, particularly in plugin threads, makes it really hard for anyone to follow.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 09:12 AM   #908
feuille
Connoisseur
feuille will become famous soon enoughfeuille will become famous soon enoughfeuille will become famous soon enoughfeuille will become famous soon enoughfeuille will become famous soon enoughfeuille will become famous soon enough

Device: android smartphone + tablet
Suggestion for a "text compare" mode

First, thanks for this very useful tool!

But i have a problem:
Sometimes I have more than one identical file format (PDF, ePub, TXT, ...) for a book from different sources. At first glance, no difference can be seen. However, the binary compare says that the files are different.
Sometimes this is just due to a few differences not affecting the book content (additional line break or similar) or differences in format specific metadata.

My suggestion is to provide another compare mode (text compare) that compares text content and metadata separately.
As actions would i suggest: mixing the metadata, print out the differences and deleting the duplicates.

A proof-of-concept is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FindDuplicatesText.zip (98.5 KB, 123 views)
feuille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 12:28 PM   #909
ECS
ECS began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Duplicate Finder Enhancement request

I note that when searching for duplicates there is nothing except the
hourglass to indicate that something is happening. A "processing"
dialog box that indicates that a duplicate search is occurring would
be nice, particularly if it can include a progress bar to indicate
either the number of documents processed out of the total number of
documents or, even better, a textbox showing the title of the document
currently being checked.
ECS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 03:22 PM   #910
Winnito
Enthusiast
Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECS View Post
I note that when searching for duplicates there is nothing except the
hourglass to indicate that something is happening. A "processing"
dialog box that indicates that a duplicate search is occurring would
be nice, particularly if it can include a progress bar to indicate
either the number of documents processed out of the total number of
documents or, even better, a textbox showing the title of the document
currently being checked.
I like this idea...as I wonder myself what is going on as I wait.
Winnito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 03:24 PM   #911
Winnito
Enthusiast
Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Also, I'm I the only one when searching for Metadata Duplicates, it almost always fails to find same author if it's missing a middle name initial

Doe, John vs Doe, John M. is almost never found.

I figure this should be the simplest of rules...maybe I'm missing something? tnx
Winnito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 10:10 PM   #912
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnito View Post
Also, I'm I the only one when searching for Metadata Duplicates, it almost always fails to find same author if it's missing a middle name initial

I figure this should be the simplest of rules...maybe I'm missing something? tnx
What type of author matching are you using? Similar? soundex with a length of 9 or less? fuzzy? While not available in metadata variations, identical should never return a match on Doe, John and Doe, John M.

Last edited by DNSB; 12-13-2021 at 10:12 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 05:29 AM   #913
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:

There is an advanced mode that lets you modify the builtin algorithms using template language. Attached below is a saved setting that should do what you want.
  • Open the advanced metadata variations dialog (Find Duplicates > Advanced Mode > Find Metadata Variations).
  • Extract the attached zip and import the json file inside (Manage button > import > browse to the json file).
  • Close the manage dialog and return to the Advanced Find Metadata Variations dialog. Now in the save/restore dropdown menu choose the imported setting (called "similar authors ignore initials").
  • Press restore button to apply the setting.
  • Press the search button.

The setting above uses template language to remove author initials before proceeding with similar author match. You can replace the similar match with whatever you want e.g. identical
Attached Files
File Type: zip similar authors ignore initials.json.zip (466 Bytes, 92 views)
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 01:21 AM   #914
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
@capink, thank you for the script. I've imported it but, when I try to use, I get an error: "Not existing function: Similar Match". My calibre is in Spanish, do I have to change the name of the function? Thank you again.

EDIT: Yes, that was the problem, using the Spanish name for the algorithm has solved it. Thank you very much.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 12-15-2021 at 01:26 AM.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 07:19 AM   #915
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:

I usually use the author tag editor to collapse those into a single entry and fix it there. Then you can add aliases for the alternate spellings, and pick a primary, so it is fixed at import next time.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cross library duplicates, in library duplicates