Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-31-2011, 06:35 AM   #46
Artha
-----
Artha began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung SNE65
So you can open it from the edit metadata window.
Artha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:37 AM   #47
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Artha - there is currently no way for plugins to be launched from the edit metadata window. I agree it could be extremely useful if it were possible. My main usage would actually be the extract ISBN plugin, though you would get into a mess with not being able to click on the extract complete dialog until you closed the Edit Metadata dialog without implementing some differing logic.

I can't even find a way to view a book format from that window - is there a way I am missing? You can add/delete, extract from them but not view them?
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2011, 09:46 AM   #48
capnm
Groupie
capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I can't even find a way to view a book format from that window - is there a way I am missing? You can add/delete, extract from them but not view them?
Double-click on the format.
capnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:32 PM   #49
Artha
-----
Artha began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung SNE65
Quote:
@Artha - there is currently no way for plugins to be launched from the edit metadata window.
Thanks for the answer. It would have been really useful and a time saver.
Artha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #50
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@capnm - I forgot to thank you earlier for telling me about my interface discovery fail on not trying the double click. Because there was no icon for viewing, I assumed a double click would do something else (like remove the format).

@Artha - yup, it is what it is . Perhaps one day Kovid will offer some sort of menu or extensibility option on that dialog, for now, just get used to hitting Enter and E multiple times in your workflow...
Advert
Old 08-26-2011, 11:42 PM   #51
mightymouse2045
Enthusiast
mightymouse2045 began at the beginning.

Device: xoom
Hi there dude - ummm I can't seem to get open with Sigil working for some reason...

It is pointing to /opt/sigil/sigil.sh but nothing happens when I click it.

It works fine with Gimp and firefox and other apps - just not sigil?

I am on linux by the way.
mightymouse2045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:18 AM   #52
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
I have just noticed the same thing on my #! box but it was the same last week when I still used Ububtu. It did work OK with Sigil 3.4 but seems to have stopped with Sigil 4.0 and 4.1 not sure what has changed.

@mightymouse - what version of Sigil do you have? and what distro?
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:10 AM   #53
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Yup, something broke it (on Natty).
I confirmed the settings.
I can launch Sigil 4.1 from the Menu or the Desktop Icon (I created: pointed to the same sh script)
As stated. Gimp launches just fine.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #54
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

I've dropped a PM to user_none - as Sigil guru now perhaps he can suggest why that is. Obviously nothing has changed in my plugin. I don't use Linux myself so no clue.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:29 PM   #55
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
I've PMed kiwidude with fixes for this and another Linux issue in OW I found.

OW is using the environment calibre was started with. It needs to clear the LD_LIBRARY_PATH otherwise anything loaded run with OW will try to use calibre's bundled libraries (if present) instead of the system ones. OW was causing Sigil to try and load calibre's bundled and incompatible libstdc++.so.6 instead of the system one.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:24 AM   #56
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.4.2 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Change default path for Sigil for Linux users to use correct path separators
  • Ensure LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable is cleared for Linux users to ensure no library conflict with Calibre

This affects Linux users only - thanks to user_none for these changes.

Note that I will need to do another release in the near future to properly integrate with Calibre's new keyboard shortcuts feature (for all users). However that is proving to be a whole world of pain I haven't got my head around completely as yet.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:57 AM   #57
mightymouse2045
Enthusiast
mightymouse2045 began at the beginning.

Device: xoom
Quote:
Changes in this release:
  • Change default path for Sigil for Linux users to use correct path separators
  • Ensure LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable is cleared for Linux users to ensure no library conflict with Calibre

This affects Linux users only - thanks to user_none for these changes.

Note that I will need to do another release in the near future to properly integrate with Calibre's new keyboard shortcuts feature (for all users). However that is proving to be a whole world of pain I haven't got my head around completely as yet.
I've just updated the new plugin and tested and it's still not working with Sigil.

I am running Sigil 0.4.1, Qt 4.7.2 on Fedora 15 and the plugin is 1.4.2

Path for Sigil set in the plugin is /opt/sigil/sigil.sh
mightymouse2045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:17 AM   #58
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
I'll look at the latest release later today when I get home and see what's going on.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:21 AM   #59
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Not working with Ubuntu Natty.

Something funky is going on.
Alt-(letter) in Calibre is doing a 'find Next row with ' the Author starting with that letter.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:20 AM   #60
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@kiwidude: Use the open_local_file() function from calibre.gui2, it takes care of LD_LIBRARY_PATH for you.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, kepubify